Blade server run around!

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Salsa Guy

Blade server run around!

Post by Salsa Guy »

Earlier this week we had a power bump and one of our camera severs won't start up. After messing with it for a few minutes it still won't go. I pulled it out, put it on a bench pulled the cover off and check out the connections and everything was fine just wouldn't boot. Pulled the Hard drive and camera video card out, thinking it was the power supply, then grabbed the spare and installed everything. It booted right up on the bench with on issues, shut it down and put it in the system, all good. Well today I took a look at the bad one again still no power, boot or POST. Replaced the power supply and still nothing other than the green led on the MB (any one that has worked on these blade servers knows what PITA it is to remove and replace anything). Next I pulled the power connector switch off the MD and shorted the pins. Up it comes in the blaze of glory.

That darn momentary rocker switch failed!!! Can't say I ever seen that before!!! 2 hours on a $2 part. :shock:
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
KITT222

Re: Blade server run around!

Post by KITT222 »

It's always what you least expect it to be. Especially when it is a silly and stupid-simple part like that.