Apple IPOD Air

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
jake75

Apple IPOD Air

Post by jake75 »

Have recently been considering getting a tablet. I got my wife a $250 NOOK Color for Christmas last year and she doesn't even use her PC anymore. If you think buying tires is confusing, try picking a tablet. Target had a Black Friday deal of a $100 gift card bonus on the Apple IPOD Air 16GB. Brought the cost down to $379. I am not an early riser so the 8 pm opening on Thursday night appealed to me. By the time I got to the counter (long line) they only had the 32GB left - net cost $499. I got one of those as I figured I could always take it back if I changed my mind - and maybe forcing me to get the 32GB was a blessing in disguise. Staples had some good prices on MS Surface and Kindles - not sure they had any left anyway. From what I read NOOK is dead man walking or something like that. Also from what I have read the Apple product is an excellent though expensive choice. It only costs a little more to go first class and often it is well worth it. I thought I would ask the tech experts here their opinions. [My wife about fell over after learning this cost $500 but I justified it with the over $4,250 gain we currently have in Apple stock I bought several months ago when it was in the tank.]
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
kumquat

Re: Apple IPOD Air

Post by kumquat »

First of all it's an iPad, not IPOD.

Second of all, the iPad Air really has no competitors. The hardware of the device is significantly better than any other tablet on the market, and the app ecosystem for Apple tablets is far, far more extensive than the ones for Android or Windows.

I say this as a guy who has an Android tablet and smartphone, so I'm not an Apple fanboy. Simple fact that the iPad Air is in a class all by itself and it would be dumb to spend as much money as that on any other tablet.
jake75

Post by jake75 »

Ipad, Ipod. You can see why I this ludite is asking others' opinion. :lol:
My grandaughters, age 8 and 5, are proficient on last years Ipad - so one bonus is they can teach me how to use it.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Rayven01

Post by Rayven01 »

For most people iPads or Kindles are the way to go. Kindles if you really want to save money and don't mind not having a ton of apps, iPads if you want more quality apps and better quality hardware. Android tablets are much cheaper and can be useful for someone that knows what they're doing, but you really need to be willing and able to tinker and deal with less than stellar app quality. Sounds like you made the right decision.
Image  Image