I have a crush on a Ford Focus ST

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
DRYfrosty04

I have a crush on a Ford Focus ST

Post by DRYfrosty04 »

Has anyone seen this car?? Ford Focus ST 2.0L I4 Manual trans only...240HP+ and it looks similar to the vibe XD. It was voted top ten in car and driver for 2013. I have only got my car to around 200 hp and lemme tell you... she's been let loose on the streets and she luuuuvvvvz it. I think its about time to upgrade to the Focus ST. Save my vibe for the track. Maybe rally the car.... time will tell.
I want an ST soooo bad!
Zimm

Re: I have a crush on a Ford Focus ST

Post by Zimm »

DRYfrosty04 wrote:Has anyone seen this car?? Ford Focus ST 2.0L I4 Manual trans only...240HP+ and it looks similar to the vibe XD. It was voted top ten in car and driver for 2013. I have only got my car to around 200 hp and lemme tell you... she's been let loose on the streets and she luuuuvvvvz it. I think its about time to upgrade to the Focus ST. Save my vibe for the track. Maybe rally the car.... time will tell.
I want an ST soooo bad!
there's one dpwn the street from me. at first i thought it was some sort of mazda. it's a little to much 2fast2furious looking for me. i prefer understated.
'10 Black w/1.8L AutoAir/PW/PL/PM
trb

Post by trb »

I drove one at the Ford Ecoboost Challenge drive event by me a few weeks ago. It was pretty nice, much better performing than the Vibe. I enjoy a manual transmission in any car. :D They had a timed autocross driving course set up for everyone to compete in. It was fun to drive someone else's car hard and fast! Too bad we only had a chance to drive 4 laps, so I took two in the Focus and two in the Fiesta. I would seriously be looking at one if I was in the market for a new 4 door commuter car.

The timer was off by one person, NO WAY I drove a 29.582 :shock: My two times were 34.297 and 32.378.

Yuri, the guy that really got the 29.582, is a regular autocross driver. Him and his girlfriend Sianelli drive every chance they get. She got a 29.949!

The fastest two drivers every hour had a shootout, with the winner getting a brand new Focus ST diecast!

My "reward" for driving:

Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I, too, participated in the Ford Ecoboost challenge in my local area. The guys were jerks but I LOVE the Fiesta ST. The Focus ST was obviously larger.

I also drove a Camry into some cones. It did not like being flogged.
trb

Post by trb »

KITT222 wrote:I, too, participated in the Ford Ecoboost challenge in my local area. The guys were jerks but I LOVE the Fiesta ST. The Focus ST was obviously larger.

LOL! I drove the Camry too. It had some power, as I broke the tires loose on the acceleration run, but it was very soft in the corners and the slalom part. I wonder if it was a SE or LE, I didn't think to check. The Fusion was pretty nice, but it did have some turbo lag.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

trb wrote:
KITT222 wrote:I, too, participated in the Ford Ecoboost challenge in my local area. The guys were jerks but I LOVE the Fiesta ST. The Focus ST was obviously larger.

LOL! I drove the Camry too. It had some power, as I broke the tires loose on the acceleration run, but it was very soft in the corners and the slalom part. I wonder if it was a SE or LE, I didn't think to check. The Fusion was pretty nice, but it did have some turbo lag.
Without a doubt, Camry had the more responsive and maybe more powerful engine. Fusion has more gears in its gearbox. But Escape is a wholly better car than the CRV. I hated the CRV.
bigdaddyjosh

Post by bigdaddyjosh »

Read my final post as a member of this forum..
Pioneer AVH-P8400BH HU Polk Audio DB-6501 Components Pioneer GM-6400F Amplifier K&N drop-in filter Fiberglass Sub box w/10" Cerwin Vega