Things You Ponder Over

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
ou.grizzly

Things You Ponder Over

Post by ou.grizzly »

While channel surfing around 3am in the morning, I came across the last few minutes of the movie "Last of the Mohicans" which promptly remided me the tv show 4077 MASH, as the one character was named "Hawk Eye." Nickname given to him by his father as that was the character in the book and the only book his father ever owned. To complete the loop, Hawk Eye left the book to Col. Sherman Potter in his will, as Potter was like a father to him.

In some ways, I am one of the last Mohicans... Even though there is no nobility left.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
knightrace

Re: Things You Ponder Over

Post by knightrace »

I like this thread topic. However, sorry, I don't have anything to add to your thoughts... but something that I always ponder is

It just seems like the auto manufacturers could put the fuel door on the drivers side. Why should I have to walk all the way (you know it's a long walk)around to the passenger side to put fuel in my vehicle? None of my passengers ever put fuel in my vehicle.
Having said this, I do not have a vehicle where the fuel door is on the passenger side, however, it is funny watching people drive around the gas pumps fighting for a pump.
2005 Frosty White, Moon & Tunes, Leather, AutoDisabled DRL & AHLDouble Compartment Armrest Hella Super Tone Horns
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

knightrace wrote: It just seems like the auto manufacturers could put the fuel door on the drivers side. Why should I have to walk all the way (you know it's a long walk)around to the passenger side to put fuel in my vehicle? None of my passengers ever put fuel in my vehicle.
Having said this, I do not have a vehicle where the fuel door is on the passenger side, however, it is funny watching people drive around the gas pumps fighting for a pump.
That's why you always keep a katana blade in your car to intimidate them! :twisted:

The only logic I see behind passenger-mounted fuel fillers is in a coupe, where the doors are too long. So to prevent denting on the pumps they move the filler door to the other side of the car. The very first time I pulled into the gas station on my own was kinda funny. Just driving into thee gas station, calm and collective when... Oh crap, which side is the gas door on!?! Small panic attack. I heard an untrue rumour about the gas pump icon pointing the direction, but I saw the arrow, and got lucky. Whenever I can I try to use the same pump. :roll:

But if this is the place for random thoughts, consider this: My friend and I have come up with a way to replace your heart with two water pumps, power it internally, and have external charging ports and solar panels. Some of the ideas we come up with are borderline mad-science. This one really is!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

KITT222 wrote:I heard an untrue rumour about the gas pump icon pointing the direction, but I saw the arrow, and got lucky.
I just noticed the arrow above the gas pump icon next to the fuel gauge not too long ago :oops:.

2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Added to the list is the complexity of a choice or decision made and in turn, how the event unfolds. And on the flip of a coin, not going through with it can bring up the "what if" factor....

Life is funny...

Positive thinking is a matter of perspective and how one is able to cope with obstacles in life... Having a healthy outlook and coping mechanisms along with social support, be it friends or family goes a long way.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I often ponder zionzr2's questions
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

...I treat "pondering" as mental dice-throwing -- statistically you lose, but occassionally you WIN!
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A
jake75

Post by jake75 »

J_TO_ENVY wrote:
KITT222 wrote:I heard an untrue rumour about the gas pump icon pointing the direction, but I saw the arrow, and got lucky.
I just noticed the arrow above the gas pump icon next to the fuel gauge not too long ago :oops:.

Here I thought that was just a flag.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

jake75 wrote:Here I thought that was just a flag.
LOL :P!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
WilfredPierce

Post by WilfredPierce »

KITT222 wrote:
knightrace wrote: It just seems like the auto manufacturers could put the fuel door on the drivers side. Why should I have to walk all the way (you know it's a long walk)around to the passenger side to put fuel in my vehicle? None of my passengers ever put fuel in my vehicle.

That's why you always keep a katana blade in your car to intimidate them! :twisted:

The only logic I see behind passenger-mounted fuel fillers is in a coupe, where the doors are too long. So to prevent denting on the pumps they move the filler door to the other side of the car. The very first time I pulled into the gas station on my own was kinda funny. Just driving into thee gas station, calm and collective when... Oh (removed), which side is the gas door on!?! Small panic attack. I heard an untrue rumour about the gas pump icon pointing the direction, but I saw the arrow, and got lucky. Whenever I can I try to use the same pump. :roll:

But if this is the place for random thoughts, consider this: My friend and I have come up with a way to replace your heart with two water pumps, power it internally, and have external charging ports and
solar kits. Some of the ideas we come up with are borderline mad-science. This one really is!
Nice information.. Hello I like your idea about replacing heart with two water pumps.. Completely mad thought:)
Last edited by WilfredPierce on Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

"Hmm, I really need to trim Alice's bottom/leg fur so she quits getting poo and wet cat little stuck in it."

"Windows 8 seems to have been developed for visually-oriented idiots, yet I am so stupid I constantly get lost in it!"
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit