Pinball

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
northvibe

Pinball

Post by northvibe »

Yes...Pinball. I'm an addict so I'm going to see who else is crazy about pinball.Real actual pinball:I own two machine currently.1995 Gottlieb Waterworld199X Williams Fish TalesBoth in great shape. Currently selling (for sale ) Waterworld so I can get a different pin.Just went to pinball circus in Hopkins, MN. Played Congo for the first time and loved it. All time favorite is Medieval Madness and Attack from Mars.Virtual pin:I'm making a full size pin cabinet to house a pc, 42" tv for playfield, 32" tv for backglass and 17" for dmd. shaker motors, flasher lights, real plunger, nudging sensing, plays just like a real one:)More information is on:http://hyperspin-fe.com/http://www.vpfo ... i3r-Yvideo games:Zen pinball - ios, android tegra 3, xbox, ps3, 3dsAmazing! one of the best physics and feel. Plus epic quest is a rpg game in pinball! awesome! Marvel tables as well The Pinball Arcade - ios, android, xbox, mac, ps3, pc Recreations of real tables.
ColonelPanic

Re: Pinball (northvibe)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Very cool. I enjoy it, but I'm not any good at playing. BTW if you're ever in NJ, you should visit Asbury Park and the Silver Ball Museum. Sounds like you might enjoy it. Machine after machine of varying vintages, just about all are playable. We were there a few years ago, pretty awesome...
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
06pvibe

Re: Pinball (ColonelPanic)

Post by 06pvibe »

I don't know....Are people from Minnesota allowed in NJ w/o getting mugged within the first hour?
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
ColonelPanic

Re: Pinball (06pvibe)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Indiana people aren't welcomed or even allowed in many places outside Indiana, but we had no problems in NJ or even NYC. However, of course the several times we've been to NJ we always had an official Jersey chauffeur.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

hahha. I didn't know I was allowed out of MN Well I'm trying to sell Waterworld to make room for a new pin!Just got back from pinball circus in hopkins, mn this past weekend. Good times
chassan

Post by chassan »

I think it was my 8th Christmas. Dad bought me and my brothers one of these pinball machines. 29 years later we still have it in full working condition. (This picture is not actually our machine.)
Houston

Re: (chassan)

Post by Houston »

I loved playing pinball whenever I could when in the navy back in the early '60s. Haven't played since then, though, and don't remember the names of my favorite machines.
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
IMakeVibes

Re: Pinball (northvibe)

Post by IMakeVibes »

Any pinball lovers that are even in the San Francisco area should make a stop at Playland-Not-at-the-Beach in El Cerrito. Last time I checked, they had over 30 working pinball machines all on freeplay. The name suits it well, it definitely is a playland and they have more than just pinball machines and its not at the beach. But is is actually named after Playland at the Beach, a historic area in San Francisco in the early 1900s.
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

Anyone played whirlwind? I imagine I've played at least a hundred machines and that's my favorite.