The NEW iPad

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
djkeev

The NEW iPad

Post by djkeev »

So, I'll come out and admit it, I must have drank the kool-aid at some point!Yes, my 3rd generation iPad is to be delivered to my home on March 16th.Honestly, I'm not getting any cellular features and that is actually a lot of the upgrade from iPad 2 to the new one. Better screen resolution, better camera, faster processor as well. I could probably have just stuck with the iPad 2 for my uses but.........Lucky for me my 94 year old Mother offered to pay for it as well!! She says that I introduced her to the iPad, she enjoys hers and has purchased her grandchildren one as well as her 3 other sons.....so Happy Early Birthday to me!!!! (BTW, my Mother is a very active and mentally alert old person!!)With my Mom there's always a catch to her generousity, I guess I'll have to start Face Timing her now! At least that was the stated reason when the grandchildren were given one, she wanted to see her Great Grandchildren!I looked at other tablets, in light of me already being an Apple customer with 2 iPhones in the house and the first gen iPad, it would be silly to jump brands and have to repurchase all the APPs that we've already paid for from Apple.Therefore..... one more dollar in Apples already vast bank account!Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

I'll wait and see what the competition brings. I just can't justify their pricetag with no expandable memory options.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

I like them but don't really have a need for one between my MacBook Pro and iPhone. I hate how Apple is offering it in 3G AND 4G models. Of course, they are pricing the 4G at a premium. They should stop the upping price crap for a "premium" model and just offer nothing but the 4G. Also, of course still offer the one without the data networks.
djkeev

Re: (09vGT)

Post by djkeev »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »I like them but don't really have a need for one between my MacBook Pro and iPhone. I hate how Apple is offering it in 3G AND 4G models. Of course, they are pricing the 4G at a premium. They should stop the upping price crap for a "premium" model and just offer nothing but the 4G. Also, of course still offer the one without the data networks. You are mistaken, there aren't THAT many options. The new ones have 4g but are 3g backwards compatible. Yes they are at a premium but why not? They have more electronics in them. I personally don't want another monthly bill so only wanted WiFi.Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
star_deceiver

Re: (djkeev)

Post by star_deceiver »

Thinking about getting one... $544.95 after taxes for the basic non-4G model. We'll see how I feel when I play with one in the store!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
09vGT

Re: (djkeev)

Post by 09vGT »

Quote, originally posted by djkeev »You are mistaken, there aren't THAT many options. The new ones have 4g but are 3g backwards compatible. Yes they are at a premium but why not? They have more electronics in them. I personally don't want another monthly bill so only wanted WiFi.DaveI must've read the article wrong. My mistake. I was curious to why they would offer a 3G only and 4G only model.
star_deceiver

Re: (09vGT)

Post by star_deceiver »

Bought one today. 16gig wifi only. Works great!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

I got a ipad 3 16gb wifi. I have had 4 android phones in under a year because they keep breaking. I hate...HATE the android OS. It was all great on paper, then the actual use is pure crappy time for me. I'd rather run a BB or win7 mobile. I've never owned a tablet before, only borrowed an ipad(s). I knew I wanted an ipad but with this revision update, this was the one to get. It's been working great. Just excited for a jailbreak so I can install XBMC and stream tv/movie/music from my SMB shares on my server. Only thing I dislike about the ipad is iTunes and when you zoom on a website the text does not auto size/scroll like on an android so it all fits in the screen still. But I'm loving it