iPhone 4S

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
djkeev

iPhone 4S

Post by djkeev »

So I did a quick search and found that no one has posted about the "new" iPhone 4S.Let me be the first if my search is true....I LOVE MY NEW iPHONE 4S!!!!!!!!!!!I had an old 3g that worked great but I'm getting more impatient I guess and was getting annoyed at the slowness of the unit. Nothing bad mind you but it just took awhile to open an App or send an email.I bit the bullet and purchased the 4S about 3 weeks ago and have been slowly learning about the unit.First impression is... WOW! FAST!!!! The unit is blindingly fast. I love it for this feature alone. Add to that the higher quality camera, i Cloud, and the feature that was initially a "so what" frill and was used mainly as a party entertainment device but is quickly becoming more and more a "must have" feature ....... Siri.Siri is a built in voice command. Allows you to verbally dial the phone, verbally find out where you are or where the location you desire is, it is almost like an OnStar for your phone. Ask a question, get an answer. I just discovered tonight, I can verbally text! Yes! no searching the address book, no typing on tiny keys, no fumbling about. Simply push the home button (or your auto bluetooth button) tell Siri to "text XXXXX", Siri says "texting XXXX" then asks you to speak your message, converts it to text and then asks if you'd like to send it. You say "send" and it is gone. Perfectly typed and translated from Speech!!I LOVE playing with technology! I'm becoming a bigger and bigger Geek the older I get!!I liked the 4S so much that I just upgraded my wife from the iPhone 4 to the 4S for Christmas!!My daughter was thrilled to get my wife's hand me down iPhone 4 to replace her aging 3gs unit! My other daughter with a 3g is simply jealous of all of us right now!!!Anyone else with tips or experiences? I'd love to hear what treasures you've found buried in your phone. I'm not trolling for Apply haters, we all know you hate Apple and don't want to hear you tell us how much you hate Apple so please keep those comments to yourself! Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
psiu

Re: iPhone 4S (djkeev)

Post by psiu »

I've come close to buying it myself...holding out for Verizon to get a better Windows Phone than the Trophy I am using now (and typing this post on). the main improvement I would like is a nice main camera, and a FFC. Outside of that, I think WP7 holds up well vs iOS. I was using a Droid before....at this point I would only go iOS and WP7 and to some extent I am leery of Apple sucking me in...but I don't hate them. Wouldn't mind a bigger screen though We have an old iMac set up for our son when he gets a bit older...I started off on a Mac, probably around '88? Edit: If no news for CES in January comes out regarding a new Windows Phone on Verizon, that may get me to switch. But by then rumors of an iPhone 5 will be swirling I'm sure...probably hold onto my upgrade until summer at this rate.
djkeev

Re: iPhone 4S (psiu)

Post by djkeev »

Yeah, even though Apple basically perfected the smart phone (a MAJOR improvement over the cumbersome Blackberry) others have been quick to join in and produce their own amazing versions!I stand in awe of most of them.Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

I wish I had Siri I do use voice dialing so she would come in handy with other things.I have the 4
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Just got the 4S a few days ago, it replaced my Black Berry Bold Touch...I ended up with the LifeProof case and it is taking some getting use too...I miss my buttons to be honest
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
djkeev

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by djkeev »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »I miss my buttons to be honestAsk and ye shall receive!!!http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadge...H8tuQDave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

I had 2g iphone and 3g. Miss them. Went samsung epic 4g, kept having major issues, got a new one, broke as I left the store. They got me a htc Evo as I did not want another samsung pos again. Well that broke a week after and I'm on my 2nd Evo in a year. My contract should expire when the iphone 5 hits. Very excited to get back into ios. I just want a damn phone that works....man.4s is a nice phone! Siri really is great for getting texts while you drive and replying, hands/eye free