Started a new job today.

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
hotbug1776

Started a new job today.

Post by hotbug1776 »

I started a new chapter in my life today with my new job at GE Transportation. It's a major upgrade in pay, and a SWEET benefits package. I also am now on voluntary overtime. This does, of course, mean mods will come quickly. As well as lots of money to put away for my future.
Persephone

Re: Started a new job today. (hotbug1776)

Post by Persephone »

Congratulations, Hotbug!!
My lovely Gambit.
csxt8058

Post by csxt8058 »

So you're working with GE locomotives? That's awesome! Congrats and good luck. I also work in the locomotive/rail car parts field and I love it. JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
hotbug1776

Re: Started a new job today. (csxt8058)

Post by hotbug1776 »

yep, see that train in your sig... yep.I'll be in propulsion, making parts for the generators and motors that drive these big boys. I'll also be making parts for off highway (mega dumptrucks) and windmills. we took our tour today, you could live in some of these parts... literally. I just wish we could take pics on our tour, lots of awesome stuff goes into the building of these machines. My job is a code 20, machinist, and my pay is incentive based (piecework) minimum of $26.16 an hour. I believe there is a community day during the summer, if you are interested, I could ask around.
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Not bad. Maybe I'll apply!
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

Congrats !
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
vibenvy

Re: Started a new job today. (TONY TAT2)

Post by vibenvy »

Congratulations on the new job !
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Congrats, Andrew! Sounds like a cool job. Best of luck to you!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
hotbug1776

Re: Started a new job today. (BlueCrush)

Post by hotbug1776 »

Did another tour today. The parts we make for mine dump trucks are HUGE. I'm really excited about all this. Since a little kid, I've loved model trains and loved train rides (what little boy doesn't). Now, I'm actually a part of it. I hope I do good, you get nervous when you are learning a new job.
LarryKingsShoes

Post by LarryKingsShoes »

Wow man, congratulations! This sounds like a huge step forward in your career. There aren't very many people that actually get to live out their childhood dreams like that. You're a lucky man! Good luck and I'm sure it'll be no time at all before you're completely comfortable with your new job.
Kenwood KIV-700 - Image Dynamics CTX65CS (Front) - Polk Audio db651s (Rear) - Alphasonik PMA640HCA - Kicker ZX750.1 - RE Audio SE Series 12" Subwoofer
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Congrats on the new job!
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
csxt8058

Post by csxt8058 »

Quote, originally posted by hotbug1776 »Did another tour today. The parts we make for mine dump trucks are HUGE. I'm really excited about all this. Since a little kid, I've loved model trains and loved train rides (what little boy doesn't). Now, I'm actually a part of it. I hope I do good, you get nervous when you are learning a new job. Good to see another person who likes trains! I tried my dream job of working on the railroad. Did a stint with CSX for several months before deciding it wasn't for me and ended up with the job I have now and I would'nt trade it for anything, and I can still enjoy trains as a railfan.Hope it all goes well for you! JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
hotbug1776

Re: Started a new job today. (csxt8058)

Post by hotbug1776 »

My wife is sick of hearing about how I always wanted to take an Amtrak ride, like the one out west or the one to Alaska. LOLAnd now, I'm hearing in the news about a resurgence in the rail industry due to the price of fuel. I may soon get that trip on the rails, what an awesome vacation that would be.
Bastranz

Post by Bastranz »

Wow, congratulations on your new job! It does seem to quite exciting (I'm also a sort of transportation enthusiast)! It surely is nice to get a decent wage while working in a field that interests you!
Owner of the first official "Brando-mobile", the "Silver Streak". 2003 Base Vibe, FWD.
Moved into the next generation, what's new is "Azúl" 2010 2.4 Vibe, AWD