3D Movies

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
MotoAce51

3D Movies

Post by MotoAce51 »

Ok, slight rant...What happened to 3D movies? I remember when I was a little kid seeing 3D movies where stuff seemed to come out at you and jump out of the screen. Now they charge a ton more and the 3D seems just to go into the screen and give a fraction of the expierence. I'd rather pay the cheaper price and see the regular movie. I want stuff to fly out of the screen if your claiming 3D!!!!Ok, I'm DONE!
2004 Vibe Base- Injen CAI, 10,000K HID's, Projector Retrofit W/ Angel Eyes, Billet Grilles, Kicker KX6.5 Components, Helix TB Spacer, Pioneer Premier HU
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Yeah, I went to see Harry Potter last Friday and paid for the 3D experience... Was ok... Price for 1 ticket was $11.00
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
jake75

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by jake75 »

When I was a kid in the 50's, childrens admission was 20 cents, adults 50 cents. I think popcorn was a dime but we couldn't afford that luxury. I think there were a few 3D movies then - you had to wear those throwaway glasses. Seems to me one lens was red and the other green.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

I haven't been impressed with the 3D movies. It makes you focus on one area of the screen and you miss out on so much in the peripherals.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
vibenvy

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by vibenvy »

I too haven't been very impressed with 3D movies as of late. Our local theater just got a 3D projector last year and now they are always showing at least one 3D movie. They charge an extra $2.00 for 3D movies ($9.00 matinee and $10.00 the rest of the time). You get the cheesy sunglass-type glasses now instead of the cool paper ones . It seems to me that about the only difference with the 3D movies I've seen lately (Jack*** 3D, Toy Story 3, Despicable Me and The Final Destination) are that the colors, etc. are more vivid, but stuff just doesn't seem to pop out at you like it used to. Jack*** 3D actually had stuff popping out. It definitely wasn't nearly as entertaining in 2D. Toy Story 3 looked amazing in 3D as far as the colors, etc. but otherwise I haven't noticed any major differences watching it in 2D.Any more I don't even go to the theater. I wait until movies come out at RedBox. If it's a movie I really want to see, I'll go to the theater, but as far as 3D movies go, I think they're kind of a waste anymore and it seems like every single movie that comes out these days is in 3D. At least they are available in 2D as well. I hope that never changes .
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
MotoAce51

Post by MotoAce51 »

HEY I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!
2004 Vibe Base- Injen CAI, 10,000K HID's, Projector Retrofit W/ Angel Eyes, Billet Grilles, Kicker KX6.5 Components, Helix TB Spacer, Pioneer Premier HU
Blanco_Diablo

Re: (MotoAce51)

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Went to Disney 10 years ago and saw the bugs life thing... now that was some great 3D... I agree, new movies don't even come close!
Herb

Post by Herb »

In the past 3D has always been a fad that comes and goes. Seems to me that most of the excitement about 3D has steadily faded in the last year or so.It's very possible that people will stop caring about it all together again.
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
tribalman

Re: 3D Movies (MotoAce51)

Post by tribalman »

i'm actually really happy that MOST 3d movies don't try and "pop out" at you(i just wish dreamworks would stop it). i always hate it and find it really stupid to just go "waoahhhhh, we're in your face!! wwwwoooaaahhhh!" i only watch a few movies in 3d. Tron, Avatar, and Nightmare Before Christmas are the only ones i've really liked in 3D.
None. Vibe is gone.
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

I just find he glasses annoying. They also start to get uncomfortable after a while. Maybe 3-D contact lenses?
vibenvy

Re: (09vGT)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »I just find he glasses annoying. They also start to get uncomfortable after a while. Maybe 3-D contact lenses? LOL! Give 'em time.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
tribalman

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »LOL! Give 'em time.nope. http://www.journalofvision.org...tractyet another study saying 3d is bad, at least right now. i recall a study saying 51% of the population have troubles with 3d in theaters. i hope that 3d dies along with "shaky-cam".
None. Vibe is gone.