Tornado hits st. Louis and travels into my hometown

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
drunkenmaxx

Tornado hits st. Louis and travels into my hometown

Post by drunkenmaxx »

Had a near miss here last night. I'm sure many of you have heard about the tornado that hit st. Louis lambert airport. It traveled across the river into granite city, Illinois. We missed it by about 2 miles. I recorded some video of lightening and the tornado sirens. Had it been daytime, I probably would have seen it. It was f4 when In st. Louis and weakened to f2 when it got here. 100 homes were damaged here, some a total loss. A very scary situation! On a happier note, I may be buying a 2008 Malibu ltz v6 tomorrow! Black with 2tone black and brown leather interior, I'm. Very excited. Side note, sorry about the sloppy post, I'm using my iphone
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
vibenvy

Re: Tornado hits st. Louis and travels into my hometown (drunkenmaxx)

Post by vibenvy »

That sucks. Houses can be repaired/replaced, but lives cannot. I hope no one was seriously injured/killed.I hate this time of year. I have been scared to death of tornadoes since I was little. I still get nervous now when the weather gets bad, especially at night, because, as you said, you can't see what's going on .
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

I just checked, the video appears as though it was corrupted. Instead, here is a video of my Maggie eating carrots from a forkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v...layer
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
drunkenmaxx

Re: Tornado hits st. Louis and travels into my hometown (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

Luckily, only minor injuries were reported, no deaths. Had it been f4 when it got here, it would have been much worse
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenmaxx »Luckily, only minor injuries were reported, no deaths. Had it been f4 when it got here, it would have been much worseGlad to hear there were only minor injuries. F4 definitely would have been much worse .
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

Glad everybody is OK. Good girl, Maggie.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Tornados are scary stuff. You never know what they will do or where they are going.Glad you're OK.I was a new resident to Texas when the F5 Jarrell tornado hit, then came down I-35 and hit Austin. I was at work that afternoon. By the time we were in it, it had split into several funnels garnering "only" F2 winds. All I know is that within a 10min period the sky went from clear, sunny and very hot to a very scary green-gray color w/no breeze at all. Then it hit. Our parking lot went from looking clean and fresh to looking like a total disaster. Cars were bouncing around on their suspensions. We waited to see if the roof would come off as we all stood near the walk-in coolers. Branches were down everywhere, rain was shooting completely sideways and at very high speed. We got about 3" of rain in that short period.I don't think I had ever been more amazed and at the same time, scared in my life. At that point all you can feel is helpless to do anything about it.I just found this one: Look at those gas prices... and that was high for back then.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

It was amazing to watch the tornado rip through an area I spend a lot of time at:1. at Jose Cuervo's restaurant in the AA concourse2. waiting for the rental car shuttle to pick me upAs for #2, exaclty where I wait, a van was picked up and placed atop the terminal building. Air traffic at Lambert is nearly back to normal. The airport has been a ghost zone since TWA left, so there are plenty of unused gates they can shift AA planes over to.
kostby

Post by kostby »

Glad you escaped, and glad you checked-in at GenVibe again!

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Yea it's been ugly around here. Went through the town it hit in south Oklahoma (4/14), near Atoka, OK, on my why to Dallas last Friday. It tore the crap out of that area. This is the same system that went through NC and killed all those people. There are more Tornadoes in the area for last few days along with flooding, hail damage and very high winds 50MPH+. We drove through a big storm Saturday night in the TRIX. Had some nickle size hail, can't tell yet if the car is damaged yet.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
Mariachi

Post by Mariachi »

one of my buddies on my team forum posted this up. http://www.youtube.com/embed/EGtumnBej2Q
star_deceiver

Re: (RISCVibe)

Post by star_deceiver »

Looks a little drafty in there and a little bit of a mess to clean up...
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
Caretaker

Re: (RISCVibe)

Post by Caretaker »

Yep; great video RISCVibe. Jose Cuervo's is on the right side of the screen. Had I been there, while everyone was running into the rest rooms for shelter, I'd have been ordering another tall one while watching all the action.