The Daily Win

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
CAMOGIRL

The Daily Win

Post by CAMOGIRL »

When asked if the it's half empty or half full, I'm an "OOOOH what a pretty glass!" Kinda girl, so in a world where most of the news on TV is bad and almost everyone has something to complain about, I was thinking we could all use a little inspiration. I hope this turns into an inspirational and encouraging and pat on the back kind of thread where we share our own little - or BIG - wins in daily life. I put this in the off topic section so that we can share Vibe-related or not. Doesn't have to be anything more than the one thing in the day that made you smile unexpectedly, or something that went right for once, a goal you set and attained, or if you see a story that really got ya and made you smile about somebody else's win. I think you get what I mean SO, my daily win is taking up an extra notch in my belt today and wearing my favorite jeans Let's keep it going
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
MotoAce51

Post by MotoAce51 »

First, the glass isn't half vull or half empty. Its actually larger than it needs to be. As for win's. Got through the work day and made the owner happe when I fixed an issue with the manufacturing of their trip edge plow. Its an error that they never even noticed.
2004 Vibe Base- Injen CAI, 10,000K HID's, Projector Retrofit W/ Angel Eyes, Billet Grilles, Kicker KX6.5 Components, Helix TB Spacer, Pioneer Premier HU
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty of half full, either way someone has to wash it (realist) My daily win is finding out I overpaid on my quarterly estimated taxes, so I can apply the significant balance towards next year's taxes with a better plan of estimating expenses to keep my payments down.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

My daily win:opening my eyes in the morning and not seeing flames
renate

Re: The Daily Win (CAMOGIRL)

Post by renate »

I got my dash cover today from autoanything.com and the color (medium blue) matches my stealth colored Vibe perfectly! Very happy with it!
Renate and "Babycakes"2008 Stealth/graphite VibeAuto tranny. 16" aluminum wheels,steering wheel cover,front seat covers,Sony stereo w/mp3 jack and satellite ready,Alarm system,proud parent of U.S.Marine magnet
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by CAMOGIRL » SO, my daily win is taking up an extra notch in my belt today and wearing my favorite jeans You go girl As I've politely told several women over the years who try to stay fit and in shape "KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL Hey.... I haven't gotten slapped yet My daily win is usually fixing a problem that nobody else could OR that nobody else wanted to. Being in the service sector of the business, and an EXTREME optimist (yep the glass is always half full), I get the utmost satisfaction making other people's day when I can solve their problems
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Well today I started to quit smoking. I was never a heavy smoker maybe 1/2 a day and a small cigar or 2. My 12 y/o daughter made me get an e-smoke which came in yesterday. I got the low nicotine Cartridges. I beleive this doable.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
CAMOGIRL

Re: (rmckinjr)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Quote, originally posted by rmckinjr »Well today I started to quit smoking. I was never a heavy smoker maybe 1/2 a day and a small cigar or 2. My 12 y/o daughter made me get an e-smoke which came in yesterday. I got the low nicotine Cartridges. I beleive this doable.You can do it! That's a BIG win! My win for the day is FINALLY finding an original, signed Bluebird of Happiness. Been looking for one for a long time.
morbay

Post by morbay »

My 15 yr old daughter said this to me the other day. It's all about when you are asked. If you fill the glass half way, then it's half full. If you fill it all the way and drink half, then its half empty....
Rob Pettigrew2009 Ultra White 2.4 AWDPearl White Arrowhead overlaysPainted Calipers October 2010 MOTM
KNINE

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty of half full, either way someone has to wash it (realist) Luv it.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

you guys have it all wrong.The question is NOT if its half full or half empty.The only correct answer is it is always full of something.The Question is what it is Full OF!
03VibeOttawa

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

A weekly win happens for me every Saturday morning. That's when I just relax and enjoy some "me time". I enjoy some coffee, the view from my place, read the news and magazines, and listen to chill tunes.Heh, chill time is over - g.f. just called and needs a ride home from the gym!
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

My win today:Lunch with the usual friends got canceled, so I ended up able to lunch with a friend I rarely get to see!