IPhone Pre-Order (Verizon)

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Whelan

IPhone Pre-Order (Verizon)

Post by Whelan »

Tell me I'm not alone?I was one of the nutcases who set his alarm for 2:55am, woke up, turned on the laptop and purchased a new Iphone 4 for Verizon. I was eligible for upgrade and was going to get the 16GB, but figured if I'm going to have it till the contract renewal I might as well use it, so I upped to the 32GB for $299 promotional price. The plan stays the same for me on my Family Plan for calls and texting, and my data/internet is unlimited for $29.99 a month which is the same as my BB Storm 9530 was for the BB Network. Plus I still get my office discount of 19% on the bill and data package. Can't complain.So did anyone else jump on the bandwagon? Forget about the hype waiting for the 5 or a 4G, I wanted one so bad and soon it will be mine. Think of it as an early Bday present (2/16).
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
lovemyraffe

Re: IPhone Pre-Order (Whelan)

Post by lovemyraffe »

I'm going to wait for a bit longer before I get one for my wife. I don't think you could get me to give up Android phone.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Nope I was going to but I only have 4 months left of my Droid X contract so I will probably wait for the Iphone.
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
psiu

Post by psiu »

Nope...don't have any Apple products outside of an old G4 flatscreen Imac set aside for the baby.Rocking an OG Droid currently will eventually move up to something newer but it still measures up pretty well to the newer phones (when properly enhanced ).
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

Not I, but I'm an AT&T guy, it helps that I live where the answer to Verizon's "can you hear me now" is a resounding NO!!!! yet AT&T is full bar power.That being said I have an iPhone 3g, my wife an iPhone 4, hands down two of the most wonderful electronic apparatus' on the market!! Possibly rivaled only by our iPad.Go get one, you will NOT regret the move, it will make your android unit seem like a chunk of crap and it will make you wonder how you put up with it for so long.My 2 cents anyway....... iPhones are the cat's meow of smart phones (and I've had a few)Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Being a Sprint and Android guy (HTC Hero, Evo soon), and after reading a bit of Gizmodo, I think that if you can, just wait. You'll lock yourself into this Iphone when a 'new' one, or newer upgraded one, comes out this fall. If I were with Verizon (and wanted an Iphone) I'd wait for the next version (I predict it will be named the Iphone 4GS) to come out. Just a few more months with your current phone. I understand waiting is hard to do, but then you'll have the new Iphone, and your friends wont!Just a few pieces of zinc and copper currency thrown your way.
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

i've thought about it but i think i'm waiting for the Droid Bionic which comes out like end of march or april or later
epcIII

Re: IPhone Pre-Order (waveresponder)

Post by epcIII »

Quote, originally posted by waveresponder »i've thought about it but i think i'm waiting for the Droid Bionic which comes out like end of march or april or later Yes, that looks way awesome!
star_deceiver

Re: IPhone Pre-Order (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »you hard-headed people I couldn't agree more!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Yeah... I can't use an on-screen keyboard to save my life... so no iPhone for me (and that rules out half the android phones too).My friend (who had an iPhone) laughed and said it wasn't that bad to use the keyboard onscreen, and that it helped to have the autocorrect. I asked him to hand me his phone and he did, after which i proceeded to type something like:yeh qwuivk broem fox jiumpsd ivrr the laxy dogHe stopped questioning me after that
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
Whelan

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by Whelan »

I'm used to non-keyboard texting. My first keyboard phone was my last phone, the EnV Touch. That got me into full QWERTY texting. Previously I would use T9 on my number pad and be ridiculously fast.So going from a BB Storm with a click type touchscreen to this will be much better as I can type pretty quick with the BB. However even with the fastest sensitivty setting it still lags and will mistype even though the write key is clearly highlighted. BTW it is on the FedEx truck and I would have it today but I won't be home to sign. Maybe I'll get sick and need to go home early "cough" "cough".
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
djkeev

Re: (Whelan)

Post by djkeev »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »I'm used to non-keyboard texting. My first keyboard phone was my last phone, the EnV Touch. That got me into full QWERTY texting. Previously I would use T9 on my number pad and be ridiculously fast.So going from a BB Storm with a click type touchscreen to this will be much better as I can type pretty quick with the BB. However even with the fastest sensitivty setting it still lags and will mistype even though the write key is clearly highlighted. BTW it is on the FedEx truck and I would have it today but I won't be home to sign. Maybe I'll get sick and need to go home early "cough" "cough".You will learn to love the iPhone keyboard. Everyone I talk to about it just hasn't used it long enough to really learn the technique, yes, there IS a technique. Really no different than punching those pin head sized keys on any slide out keyboard! Actually easier for they are much bigger.Yes, go home sick, sign for your phone and you'll spend the evening playing on it. It is so intuitive and easy to grasp it's use. Sign onto your in house Wifi and search and surf to your hearts content. Just a warning, the App store, that can cost you some serious coin if you aren't careful and once you purchase, it is YOURS, no returns.The only person I've met who really hasn't grasped the virtually keyboard is my 93 year old Mother. I got her an iPad for her emails, a few games, photos and the little surfing she does. She LOVES it, or should I say she LOVES LOVES LOVES LOVES it, except for the on screen keys. I got her a blue tooth keyboard and she is doing magnificently with it. She tended to drag her finger from key to key which created all sorts of amazing letter strings! She hasn't quite gotten over the marvel of no wires attached to the device!!Good LuckDave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
Whelan

Re: (djkeev)

Post by Whelan »

Well, the update. I called FedEx and was able to drive to their locale after a delivery attempt in the afternoon. I hit the gym first to work off my anticipation, then drove over and got it. There were 4 people inside waiting for their trucks to come in and another 6 walking in for the phone when I left. It required a signature and most people work during the day so.First thoughts. I LOVE THIS PHONE! It is worlds beyond my BB Storm 9530. I am so glad that crapbox is no longer being used. The screen is amazingly clear and the quality of the calls and features is so smooth like it should be. Texting is very very easy, and fast too. I'm afraid to pull off the cover plastic cause I want to keep it clean, lol. But man I am really impressed and so glad I can have it on my network. It connected to my home WiFi with no problem and the fact that Verizon separates data and voice (AT&T is on same platform) the calling won't suffer from data usage. Some people have complained about slowness of app downloading and what not, but if they had my old phone, they would think this is light speed.Very impressed, very happy!
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
djkeev

Re: (Whelan)

Post by djkeev »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »Well, the update. I called FedEx and was able to drive to their locale after a delivery attempt in the afternoon. I hit the gym first to work off my anticipation, then drove over and got it. There were 4 people inside waiting for their trucks to come in and another 6 walking in for the phone when I left. It required a signature and most people work during the day so.First thoughts. I LOVE THIS PHONE! It is worlds beyond my BB Storm 9530. I am so glad that crapbox is no longer being used. The screen is amazingly clear and the quality of the calls and features is so smooth like it should be. Texting is very very easy, and fast too. I'm afraid to pull off the cover plastic cause I want to keep it clean, lol. But man I am really impressed and so glad I can have it on my network. It connected to my home WiFi with no problem and the fact that Verizon separates data and voice (AT&T is on same platform) the calling won't suffer from data usage. Some people have complained about slowness of app downloading and what not, but if they had my old phone, they would think this is light speed.Very impressed, very happy!Hmmmmm, seems to me that someone predicted this reaction!! The only downside to the phone is IF you use a bluetooth while driving it is a path to follow to dial a call. Press home button, press phone, press contacts, scroll down, touch to dial. It doesn't have the feature where you push a preprogrammed button to call a given phone number. If it does I haven't located it yet and would LOVE for someone to show it to me.Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Anything is better then that 9530, I was so happy when the X came available knowing that I would never have to use my storm again.
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

I made the switch. Ordered my iPhone 4 and it should be here tomorrow.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
wingman7000

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by wingman7000 »

I have a palm pre plus (vzw) and you couldn't pay me to use a droid or an iphone. Webos is handsdown the best phone os out there. Very easy to use. Can't wait for the pre3 and hp touchpad with webos... Touch-to-share, citrix support, true multitasking ... (I have 12 other cards (apps) open and running as I write this...) if you haven't tried it yet you should!