iphone 4 for verizon!!

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
steve03viber

iphone 4 for verizon!!

Post by steve03viber »

Anyone excited about this? Im going to get one. Trading my droid x in for one hopefully.
ou.grizzly

Re: iphone 4 for verizon!! (steve03viber)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by steve03viber »Anyone excited about this? Im going to get one. Trading my droid x in for one hopefully.Not available until 2.10.11 and will cost $199.99 with a 2 yr activation? There goes the speculation of the iPhone 5 Little more information http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/...rc=mvOnly 3G, not 4G. Also, no voice and data at the same time.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

I'm not ready to trade my Android phone for an iPhone.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

If you have any problems at all, be expecting a visit to the nearest Apple store. AT&T will have no doing with broken/problem iPhones. Its ALL through Apple. I'm sure it'll be the same with Verizon.
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

I was really excited when it was rumored last year, but since my Droid X is the first phone not to meet a wall I will probably stick with it until my contract is up in 14 months. I really like the X, not sure if I would like the Iphone 4 enough to become a fanboy, though I am sure I will try it sometime.
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
epcIII

Post by epcIII »

It's tempting, but I like my Droid 2 and will most likely keep it for the next 2 years. I'm sure by then they will be on iPhone30 or Droid 20.
steve03viber

Post by steve03viber »

Well im not a fanboy of apple but I could really use the front facing camera while im on duty to keep in contact with my wife and watch the progress of our pregnancy
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

i'm personally waiting to see what else comes out...i've heard verizons iphone will have 4G software upgrade capability, initially verizon turned down the iphone because of the control Apple wanted to place on the sales and also so they could focus on other ventures like google etc. which is why at&t initially carried it, i'm more interested in the what the pricing plans of the 4G network will be, probably wont be verizons fault if you cant get it repaired/exchanged at official verizon retailers because thats probably one of the many restrictions the mighty apple wants to handleif i were to choose something today i'd probably choose the Samsung Fascinate to upgrade my original Verizon Chocolate
epcIII

Re: (steve03viber)

Post by epcIII »

Quote, originally posted by steve03viber »Well im not a fanboy of apple but I could really use the front facing camera while im on duty to keep in contact with my wife and watch the progress of our pregnancy Thank you for your service! Yes, I agree the front facing cam is great feature. Quote, originally posted by waveresponder »if i were to choose something today i'd probably choose the Samsung Fascinate to upgrade my original Verizon ChocolateDon't know if I've seen that one yet.
tpollauf

Re: (epcIII)

Post by tpollauf »

Not for me ... at least NOT yet. My son on the other hand, who has the 64G I-pod 4, want's one real bad. It'll be his money so I say GO FOR IT son ! I carry one of those indestructible contractor grade regular phones, suitable for refinery & powerhouse work. Ugly & somewhat bulky by today's standards BUT it truly is just about indestructible
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
steve03viber

Post by steve03viber »

The wife has a fascinate and.loves it but its too slow.for.me.im.overclocked to 1.45 ghz and rooted lol
psiu

Re: (steve03viber)

Post by psiu »

Quote, originally posted by steve03viber »The wife has a fascinate and.loves it but its too slow.for.me.im.overclocked to 1.45 ghz and rooted lol LOL. I just saw post on another forum about the period and spacebar on the Droid X keyboard and how that person always typed like that.
steve03viber

Post by steve03viber »

Lol ya it happens all the time
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

my dad just told me that Verizons doing away with the every 2 year deal they have (new customers immediately, existing customers are eligible for one more upgrade at the discounted price) , do other carriers even have anything similiar?my guess is they will use the extra income to further upgrade their networkpredictions that AT&T will lose 25% of their iphone usersheres one articlehttp://www.computerworld.com/s...shows
lovemyraffe

Re: iphone 4 for verizon!! (waveresponder)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by waveresponder »my dad just told me that Verizons doing away with the every 2 year deal they have (new customers immediately, existing customers are eligible for one more upgrade at the discounted price) , do other carriers even have anything similiar?The way I understood what Verizon is doing with the upgrades is that on the "new every 2" plan, you can actually upgrade after 1 year for a $20 fee or something small. They are getting rid of the upgrade at year 1. After 2 years, you can still upgrade and renew your contract with a discounted phone.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

In on Verizon changes herehttp://www.wbng.com/news/local....htmlhttp://o ... tmlVerizon Site Faqshttp://support.vzw.com/faqs/Wi....html
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi