Finally.. A job..

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Sublimewind

Finally.. A job..

Post by Sublimewind »

Hi all,Yep, it's official... I have an interview... !!!!Most of you right now are saying Big Deal... Well, I'll be interviewing at INTEL...!!!!This isn't a fly-by-nighter.. lol.. My interview is the 13th... Yes, the excitement is almost too much... Only problem, leaving Mom n Dad behind.. I didn't bother pursuing this last year because my dad was going through Chemo.. I'm about to come to the end of my unemployment (99 week'er we are called) with nothing local.. This is a great opp, it's just a double edged sword because of the family issues.. So finally, something good.. cheers..
epcIII

Re: Finally.. A job.. (Sublimewind)

Post by epcIII »

I really do hope it goes well! Good luck.
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Good luck with the interview! Going to be an adjustment to that AZ weather this time of year Not going to need snow tires anymore... LOL
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Thanks everyone.. I'm excited to leave the snow behind.. lol..
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

Let me know if you want some help unloading that blue hunk of metal... if you are in need of some money Good luck with the interview
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

First off..... congrats! Hope it works out for you, I haven't been through this ordeal that so many are in but can imagine it isn't fun!! My wife and I are both fortunate and our jobs have been thus far secure.Mom and Dad are probably ready for a warmer life!Have them sell and come with you. Get a "Mother Daughter" setup and help them as needed. You will probably both be better off for it.Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Awesome! That's a huge deal! Congrats! Hope everything works out for you with work and family.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
808 Vibes

Re: Finally.. A job.. (djkeev)

Post by 808 Vibes »

We're in the same boat. Crossing fingers for you.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
lovemyraffe

Re: Finally.. A job.. (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Good luck!
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
star_deceiver

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by star_deceiver »

Good luck!!! Quote, originally posted by Sublimewind »I'm excited to leave the snow behind.You'll miss it...
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
ajb812

Post by ajb812 »

Quote, originally posted by Sublimewind »Hi all,Yep, it's official... I have an interview... !!!!Most of you right now are saying Big Deal... Well, I'll be interviewing at INTEL...!!!!This isn't a fly-by-nighter.. lol.. My interview is the 13th... Yes, the excitement is almost too much... Only problem, leaving Mom n Dad behind.. I didn't bother pursuing this last year because my dad was going through Chemo.. I'm about to come to the end of my unemployment (99 week'er we are called) with nothing local.. This is a great opp, it's just a double edged sword because of the family issues.. So finally, something good.. cheers.. I wish you the best of luck! I've been in the same boat myself since I got laid off earlier this year (April 2010). Had to move back in with the parents (thankful I at least had that option). Thankfully this has allowed me to save some money towards my payments for the Vibe. At least you have been able to collect the 99 weeks - now that the federal funding has been cut off my unemployment will come to an end in a few weeks and I won't even see half of the possible 99 weeks. I rather have a paycheck then an unemployment check any day though (I've applied to countless jobs all over the country with no success as of yet)! This year all I want for Christmas is a job! Anyway, being someone who can sympathize, I wish you the best of luck with the interview and in the future! Hopefully you'll be able to help design a new octo-core chip with hyper-threading ...

2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Jet Black Metallic
GenVibe Garage
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Congrats!
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
moonstonemike

Post by moonstonemike »

Knock em deadfyi learn facts about intel and try to bring them up at some point during the interview, this will show you took the time to investigate in the companyGOOD LUCK
808 Vibes

Re: Finally.. A job.. (ajb812)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by ajb812 »I wish you the best of luck! I've been in the same boat myself I rather have a paycheck then an unemployment check any day though This year all I want for Christmas is a job! Anyway, being someone who can sympathize, I wish you the best of luck with the interview and in the future! ^ Crossing fingers for ALL of us together in that same boat.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Thanks everyone, really.. I'm excited and scared to death.. lol.. I've only gone this far on unemployment because of the serious lack of jobs in central Mi.. (BFE)I mean, If I get it, I'm moving across the country.. So, while it's not the best option, it's my only option.. Who knows, maybe I can up-root my parents and get them out of the cold.. (doubt it)
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

It's everywhere.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Good luck!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
keithvibe

Re: (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by HawaiiPontiacLover »It's everywhere. yep... 9%unemployment in my area right now
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Sublimewind

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »yep... 9%unemployment in my area right nowRecent stats for my area... Quote »13.2 percent in April, down from March’s rate of 15.2 percent. A year ago, unemployment was at 11.8 percent.
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Congrats and good luck bro!
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Thank you Sir..!!
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Interview went well today...!!!I'm a shoe in for the position.. (there are multiple actually, 40+ people interviewed today)I'll know in 2-3 weeks (with the holidays) projected start dates are mid-Jan to mid-Feb..!!!So I went up South (Phoenix) Mountain today... SWEET MOTHER OF GOD, was that Incredible.. (hey, I'm from the east..lol)
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

*still crossing fingers!*
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Thank you..!!
06pvibe

Re: (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by HawaiiPontiacLover »*still crossing fingers!* x2!!Good Luck!
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
455SD

Post by 455SD »

Best of luck to you!
EnvyGreen03
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

Best wishes!Just had a co-worker/friend move to Phoenix about two weeks ago. He tired of Oregon rain.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).