Damn it Canucks: Keep your friggin' cold weather up there!

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Cougar Vibe

Damn it Canucks: Keep your friggin' cold weather up there!

Post by Cougar Vibe »

Alright, it's 10am and it's 5F; when I went to the gym at 6, it was -4F (according to the Vibe). What's your deal, B.C. & Alberta? First you gave us 9" of snow (which is about three weeks early) and I had to bust out the snowblower. But now it's friggin' freezing; it wouldn't surprise me to see a polar bear in my yard, like in that Nissan Leaf commercial. BTW: Snow + freezing temps + extended family = A "Shining" Thanksgiving.Oh how I hate you Canucks right now! I hope somebody spits in your poutine. Don't expect me to buy any Kokanee soon...Cougar Vibe
BlueCrush

Re: Damn it Canucks: Keep your friggin' cold weather up there! (Cougar Vibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

HAHA! We get to have a snowstorm tonight and tomorrow and then temps around Zero. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Get yourself a good bottle of brandy, curl up by the fire, eat some food, watch some tv, listen to some tunes, and relax... Oh yeah, quit your moaning!
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
Cougar Vibe

Post by Cougar Vibe »

It's too early for this garbage. I'm supposed to put the X-mas lights up this weekend, yet it's supposed to snow another 5-7" by Saturday night. Mark my words: I'm going to roll off the roof and I'm going to break something. I can only imagine the joyous, seasonally-appropriate language that will flow from my mouth as I'm laying in an arborvitae or lavender bush. Right now I'm looking at the "Storm Cracker" weather map update and there's this giant, freezing bubble...nay, arctic "polyp"...that is crossing the border illegally (IMO). Forget North Korea: I declare war upon Canada! Cougar VibePS: Just kiddin'. I love you guys and your crazy metric world. I'll probably be up at Red Mountain after the New Year...
ou.grizzly

Re: (Cougar Vibe)

Post by ou.grizzly »

If ya break something and end up in a hospital bed, get the wife to dress up as a sexy nurse or something and give you a sponge bath. Or hire a company to do the lights or better yet, don't put up any lights at all. You will save money on the electrical bill. You are from Washington, you should be all about going green! /humour and sarcasm
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
lovemyraffe

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by lovemyraffe »

The giant blizzard that came through Utah yesterday was a dud. Mostly wind. I ended up with 2" of snow at my house. I WANT MORE SNOW!!!
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
kowell

Post by kowell »

The first snow storm is expected saturday with 15-25cm of snow..... it's LATE. We usually get an early wake-up storm around halloween.
2009 Vibe 2.4L 1SC - Red Hot Metallic
2011 Sienna V6 CE - Sky Silver
03VibeOttawa

Re:

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

I'm going on a road trip to SW Ontario from Friday-Sunday, and they are calling for wet snow on and off most of that time, hovering around freezing. My 1200-1500kms of driving could go a bunch of different ways :-S
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
Cougar Vibe

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by Cougar Vibe »

Geeze...I can't freaking win. Now it's 12" more snow for the weekend. http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3591/losere.jpg Guess I'd better go get some more libations; I've got a couple of cases of cheapo "Henry Weinhard Hefeweizen" in the garage, but it might be frozen. [And yes Grizzly, I'll make sure to recycle the bottles.]
03VibeOttawa

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

Quote, originally posted by Cougar Vibe »Guess I'd better go get some more libations; I've got a couple of cases of cheapo "Henry Weinhard Hefeweizen" in the garage, but it might be frozen. [And yes Grizzly, I'll make sure to recycle the bottles.]Hehe, I get burned with an exploding beer case every couple of years by sudden, unexpected temperature changes. Outside still has more cooling space though than my fridge though!
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
psiu

Post by psiu »

Driving 600 miles Sunday and next Saturday with 10 week old. Hope it doesn't snow too much, there will be enough stops as is.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
jake75

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by jake75 »

Last year I got tennis elbow from shoveling snow in Columbus, Ohio even though I took it easy - never exerted myself to the point of a risk of a heart attack. It went away only after about 6 months. Very unusual amount of snow for here. I don't want to "invest" in a snow blower that never seems to start when I need it, so I think I am going to hire a regular snow shoveler person. I will be 68 next month and my lack of stamina is showing. I spent a couple hours getting up the last of the leaves and it took me a day to recover.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Quote, originally posted by Cougar Vibe »Don't expect me to buy any Kokanee soon...Cougar VibeHAHA! Someone drinks that stuff!?
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

I love it!! Not Kokanee cause I don't even know what it is (Bear p*ss, I imagine,) but this discussion. Currently 69*F here @ 5:30 AM, but it is and has been windy as heck the last few days (high gusty winds), and we are supposed to get rain along with a cold front later today.I don't miss winter weather at all. You can all keep your snow and ice, and 0* temps. Snow tires, road salt, shoveling when you can't even feel your fingers anymore, and then shoveling again the very next day cause you got 10 more inches overnight. Clearing ice from the car, especially the windshield every time you wan to go out. No street parking cause the snow is taking all the spaces. Bundling up every time you want to go outside for any little thing. Ah yes. I remember it all too well, and hope it STAYS that way... as a memory.Nope, 'don't miss that sloppy, slushy, slippery stuff at all.... *edit* Well now its just after 6 PM, the temp has dropped to 43* and the wind has picked up considerably. I was outside around 2:30 and within a minute the wind had changed directions and the temp had dropped 5* in just that short time. Still no rain that we were promised. I told my wife never to trust the weatherman's predictions. According to the forecast it was supposed to start last night, then early this afternoon.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM