HELP...computer won't print coupons?

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
808 Vibes

HELP...computer won't print coupons?

Post by 808 Vibes »

The last couple of days I haven't been able to print any coupons only store coupons like target's coupons print. I tried a system restore back to factory settings, I tried deleting cookies, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the coupon program, nothing gets them to print. When I tried, the message said "your coupons are printing. You may close this box", nothing happens and when I tried it again, it said "print limit exceeded", but it never printed any coupons. Oh, I take that back...it printed two "theraflu" coupons that I DIDN'T request it to print!?
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
epcIII

Re: HELP...computer won't print coupons? (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by epcIII »

Is your printer queue showing (Control Panel->Printers->(Your Printer Name Here)) that the signal is reaching the computer?
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

try using a different browser.?.?
808 Vibes

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Yeah, Lovemyraffe was helping me with it today (Thank you, J for the hands-on dissecting of my new netbook. Hawaiian Santa wants to send something to your baby girl) It still didn't print, but I'll try again first thing in the morning...
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
Whelan

Re: (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by Whelan »

Take a picture of them with your cell phone. Most retailers can simply type in the coupon code or ID code to get the discount. Works for me on my blackberry.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
psiu

Post by psiu »

Print limit exceeded? Is it some program that might want you to pay to print more coupons? Or is it an older printer (inkjets have internal page counters and will refuse to print after a certain number...you can reset them sometimes and wring out the sponge if you want to keep going).
jake75

Re: (psiu)

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by psiu »Print limit exceeded? Is it some program that might want you to pay to print more coupons? Or is it an older printer (inkjets have internal page counters and will refuse to print after a certain number...you can reset them sometimes and wring out the sponge if you want to keep going).No - the program thinks you already printed the coupons. That said, I don't know why that is. But it is likely in "your set:" as they say. Perhaps you need to reinstall the program that prints the coupons.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
lovemyraffe

Re: (jake75)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by jake75 »No - the program thinks you already printed the coupons. That said, I don't know why that is. But it is likely in "your set:" as they say. Perhaps you need to reinstall the program that prints the coupons. I tried to re-install the program that the site makes you download. I couldn't see anything wrong. My best guess is that the site tracks your IP address.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
808 Vibes

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by 808 Vibes »

I think you're right...however...there seems to be a waiting period before you can try printing them again because I just got it to work-it let me print 2 formula coupons ($6 off) and now says "print limit exceeded" again. So I'm going to assume you're allowed 2 prints every couple of weeks (?)
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
Whelan

Post by Whelan »

Once again, simple answer. Take the picture with your cell or digi-cam. Then you can either send it to your email or bring it to the store. Either way you can print it without encountering internet errors or hold-ups with allowances. Most stores can simply enter in the coupon code anyways without scanning to get it to work in their system.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
lovemyraffe

Re: (Whelan)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »Once again, simple answer. Take the picture with your cell or digi-cam. Then you can either send it to your email or bring it to the store. Either way you can print it without encountering internet errors or hold-ups with allowances. Most stores can simply enter in the coupon code anyways without scanning to get it to work in their system.The simple answer doesn't work for this site. It doesn't allow you to even view the coupon, it just prints it for you.
Whelan

Post by Whelan »

Anything that is that shady to procure to me is not worth it. It spells danger up ahead.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »Anything that is that shady to procure to me is not worth it. It spells danger up ahead.The site is clean. This is a new trend with coupon sites. They don't show you the coupon so you can't take pictures of it or do a print screen. Although once you have it printed, there is nothing stopping you from copying it.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Quote, originally posted by HawaiiPontiacLover »I think you're right...however...there seems to be a waiting period before you can try printing them again because I just got it to work-it let me print 2 formula coupons ($6 off) and now says "print limit exceeded" again. So I'm going to assume you're allowed 2 prints every couple of weeks (?) Exactly They normally reset on the 1st and 15th but it could be other dates as well.
GenVibe Global Moderator
Kari

Post by Kari »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »The site is clean. This is a new trend with coupon sites. They don't show you the coupon so you can't take pictures of it or do a print screen. Although once you have it printed, there is nothing stopping you from copying it.You can copy it but you will pay dearly later when you are blocked from the site entirely. Can't print with your current account, can't register for a new one, nothing. This happened to someone I knew through a coupon train -- she put some printables in the envelope for the train and someone copied them (don't know who). A couple of months later she got blocked. Each printable has a unique smart barcode near the top of the coupon with a number below it that should be unique. If the company gets back more than one with the same barcode, that's how they find out it was copied.
GenVibe Global Moderator
Whelan

Re: (Kari)

Post by Whelan »

I've never seen a coupon site do that, although I dont print coupons for stores I go to, I get flyers for that in the mail. I use the coupon code searches for online purchasing.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
jake75

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »I've never seen a coupon site do that, although I don't print coupons for stores I go to, I get flyers for that in the mail. I use the coupon code searches for online purchasing.The sophisticated companies using on-line coupons have unique serial numbers. Copying those coupons is fraud.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."