XBOX 306 / NETFLIX

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
KNINE

XBOX 306 / NETFLIX

Post by KNINE »

Does anybody have NETFLIX through their XBOX 360? I was wondering if it's any good?
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
waveresponder

Re: XBOX 306 / NETFLIX (K-NINE)

Post by waveresponder »

think its $9 a month or something possibly more with taxes and such thought about it but dont think ill watch more then 8 new movies a monthsooo...I've become a big fan of Redbox $1 per night plus tax so $1.06 per movie per nite return to any location
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

ya seems to work but takes more bandwidth than a pc it seems to keep the stream from rebuffering part way through the movie. Also you HAVE to have a gold membership to xbox live AND netflix account. Other solutions are, plug pc to tv, ps3, wii; offer free netflix if you do not have gold membership on live.
GMJAP

Post by GMJAP »

It's GREAT! We haven't gotten a DVD from Netlfix in months, we've been watching stuff streamed on the XBOX 360.Note that the quality depends on your bandwidth connection. A 1 Mbit DSL connection gives about VHS quality video. We upgraded to FIOS and can get HD video.Also note that most new DVD releases aren't available for a while on streaming, if at all. OTOH, some TV show episodes are available within a week or so of when they first aired.
2005 Platinum Base ManualSide & Curtain AirbagsABSPower PackageTinted Windows"Mods": 'old-style' center armrest, center +12v, wheelskins leather steering wheel, AC/Recirc blue backlight, beeps on keyless entry, dome light switch, AC insulation, PCD10 10-disc CD/MP3 changer, AAI-GM12 AUX audio input, K&N filter, "shark fin" antenna.
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

I stream netflix threw my ps3You put a streaming disk in to the Ps3 like any normal game or dvd. Load your selections that you made on your computer and stream away!Though they don't have the ability to stream blueray quality or even very new movies it's a great thing to have. My wife and I love it. Nothing on tv.. no problem stream a movie or watch a tv show you haven't seen like Weeds, nurse jackie, dexter ect.If your wondering about your internet speed. We have DSL which ends up being like a 1.5mb download speed. Sometime the show is intrupted, but it reloads right from where you got interupted. We have been streaming now for 3months and have only had 4-5 intruptions. We've watched HUNDREDS of hours of movies and TV shows already LOLWith tax it's about 9.80 a month.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »XBOX 306 / NETFLIX Hey, what's a XBOX 306? Is that new?
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
Kari

Post by Kari »

I like Redbox, but I prefer Netflix for these reasons:1) You don't have to leave the house. You can watch instantly by pushing a button and the extent of returning/getting DVDs is walking to the mailbox.2) You can keep it longer than 24 hours without being charged again. No deadlines or late fees at all.3) Every time I go to a Redbox kiosk, there is someone in front of me who has NO idea what they want. And they page through EVERY DVD in the freaking machine, pondering what they should get, while a line of 7 or 8 people stacks up behind them. That is so irritating. If you want to browse, go to the video store or the Redbox website. Know what you want when you get there.
GenVibe Global Moderator
lovemyraffe

Re: (Kari)

Post by lovemyraffe »

We stream movies from Netflix through our Wii. We still get DVD's in the mail because not all the movies are available to stream.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

I have it on the Wii in the bedroom and on the PS3 and 360 in the living room. All for like $9 a month w/ one disc out at a time. Totally worth it!
KNINE

Re: XBOX 306 / NETFLIX (VforVIBE)

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »Hey, what's a XBOX 306? Is that new? It's de-stroked, de-tuned version of the 360. It's for slow people like me.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
BlueCrush

Re: (Kari)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by Kari »I like Redbox, but I prefer Netflix for these reasons:1) You don't have to leave the house. You can watch instantly by pushing a button and the extent of returning/getting DVDs is walking to the mailbox.2) You can keep it longer than 24 hours without being charged again. No deadlines or late fees at all.3) Every time I go to a Redbox kiosk, there is someone in front of me who has NO idea what they want. And they page through EVERY DVD in the freaking machine, pondering what they should get, while a line of 7 or 8 people stacks up behind them. That is so irritating. If you want to browse, go to the video store or the Redbox website. Know what you want when you get there. I do both Netflix and Redbox because Netflix rarely has new releases that I want to see right away, you usually have to wait a while and not all new DVD released movies are on Netflix.#3) Is why I go online and reserve Redbox movies so I can get out of my car and be back in it in 60 seconds w/ my movie if no one is ahead of me.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »It's de-stroked, de-tuned version of the 360. It's for slow people like me. Slow, no... just a little behind on the times
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
Kari

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by Kari »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »I do both Netflix and Redbox because Netflix rarely has new releases that I want to see right away, you usually have to wait a while and not all new DVD released movies are on Netflix.#3) Is why I go online and reserve Redbox movies so I can get out of my car and be back in it in 60 seconds w/ my movie if no one is ahead of me.The same restrictions that keep Netflix from getting new releases apply to Redbox as well. Blockbuster kiosks are the only ones that can get around it, AFAIK.Keyword on #3 is IF no one is ahead of you....that almost never happens to me.
GenVibe Global Moderator
Water boy

Post by Water boy »

We use the Blu-Ray player since it has streaming for NetfFlix and other good stuff.One less remote control......
47,891 Added new horns
47,900 Yokohama Avid 205/55-16 $492.40 drive out w/TPMS rebuild kits
69,036 Added sound deadening
70,395 Battery
106,019 Yokohama YK580 205/55-16 $589.19 drive out
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

I subscribed to XBOX Gold for three months. I already have Netflix. I watched my first movie last night. Not bad. My bandwidth isn't so great, so I would say my video quality equals VHS. It comes in handy when my girlfriend comes over. We can both browse the movies together and pick out something "she" likes.
keithvibe

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by keithvibe »

^^HAHAHA you need to work on that "she likes" part and find a "we like" or it will never last LOL
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.