Odd Dealership

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
AdmRose

Odd Dealership

Post by AdmRose »

When I picked up my Vibe (used) three months ago I had no problems with the dealership ... except they refused to give me a free tank of gas. My only reaction was something along the lines of "Really?" I just dropped $8k on the Vibe and you can't even give me a $30 tank of gas? Am I just overreacting or would this turn others off as well?
2004 AWD Vibe - "The Indignant"- Traded in 7/9/12
2010 Honda Insight EX - Current ride
jake75

Re: Odd Dealership (AdmRose)

Post by jake75 »

I think a full tank is common with new car purchases - not sure same is true with used. But - the dealer usually makes a lot more on a used car than a new one so I am not sure why that would be.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
tpollauf

Re: Odd Dealership (AdmRose)

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by AdmRose » Am I just overreacting or would this turn others off as well?Not at all Maybe they are sitting on "good times" and feel that they don't need to cater any more than what they already did. If they were on "hard times" and barely surviving, they'd probably top off your tank AND throw in a kitchen sink or two This way you'd spread the word of how they went the extra mile to earn your business. Just my thoughts on this BUT there is likely some truth behind what I said
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
AdmRose

Re: Odd Dealership (tpollauf)

Post by AdmRose »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »Not at all Maybe they are sitting on "good times" and feel that they don't need to cater any more than what they already did. If they were on "hard times" and barely surviving, they'd probably top off your tank AND throw in a kitchen sink or two This way you'd spread the word of how they went the extra mile to earn your business. Just my thoughts on this BUT there is likely some truth behind what I said Jokes on them - I already got rid of that stupid dealer license plate frame and I'm gonna get rid of the decal this weekend. My car is not a billboard.
BlueVibe09

Post by BlueVibe09 »

When I got my '09 used I had the dealer fill the tank, give the car an oil change, wash, and rotate the tires before I came and picked it up. They had no problem with that.
2009 Base 1.8 L-Midnight Blue Metallic -35/20 Tint -SONY XS-GTX1620S 6 1/2'' Component Speakers-Boss Bass 1200 low-profile powered Sub -DIY Heavy-Duty Rubber Cargo Mat-JDM Short Antenna -Partial De-Badge-aFe Pro Dry S filter - 16" Konig "Incident" rims
lovemyraffe

Re: (BlueVibe09)

Post by lovemyraffe »

It wouldn't break the deal, but wouldn't make me excited to buy another car from them.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
beemerphile1

Post by beemerphile1 »

Everything is negotiable, but only before the purchase. If you asked for a tank after the deal was made, SOL.
NE Ohio - home to the most successful Pontiac drag racing team in history - Bill Knafel's "Tin Indian" and also home to Summit Auto Racing.
2009 Vibe base 1.8L auto towing 2009 Aliner Sport hardsided pop-up
AdmRose

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by AdmRose »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »It wouldn't break the deal, but wouldn't make me excited to buy another car from them. Exactly my sentiments.
oriden

Post by oriden »

i bought my 2005 off a GMC/ Pontiac i didnt even ask, they gave me a full tank of gas, even gave me the reciet. it happened to be raining that day when the guy went to fill it, got my driver seat a little dirty the salesman noticed and gave me a free shampooing and detailing.its because of service like this i bout the vibe there, and the truck, and the other truck, and the suvit is unfortunite but they are now closed