Help Identify This Vehicle - UPDATE: SUSPECT ARRESTED!

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
ZubenElGenubi

Help Identify This Vehicle - UPDATE: SUSPECT ARRESTED!

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

A 15-year old girl was sexually assaulted in her home in an adjacent subdivision last weekend. (Click for link to Crime Stoppers flyer on this)The suspect stole and then used the victim's credit card at a nearby WalMart, where a few images of him were captured, along with a picture of the vehicle he was driving.Can anyone here help me identify this vehicle?It looks like a hatchback, but is described as a four-door car. I have some guesses, but hope you folks here can help out.Thanks,Glenn

Attached files
ou.grizzly

Re: Help Identify This Vehicle (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by ou.grizzly »

4 door Honda Accord with aftermarket rims?
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
ZubenElGenubi

Re: Help Identify This Vehicle (ou.grizzly)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »4 door Honda Accord with aftermarket rims?You mean like this?

488809=14847-IMAGE_00183.jpg
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Looks close...
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

You know, this is a pet peeve of mine, IF you are going to go through the hassle and expense of cameras to protect the public, use a camera that can take a picture that will be of some use!!! This is ridiculous!! They should be removed as being worthless and more bother than help.Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
ZubenElGenubi

Re: Help Identify This Vehicle (djkeev)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

I totally agree, Dave. I'm seriously thinking of asking CrimeStoppers if they'll send me multiple frames of the car so I can process them in PS with some noise-reduction software I use for my astrophotos. Might very well enhance the image significantly.RE: Honda Accord guess...still not convinced. The back end is too close to the rear wheels and the taillight section looks larger than on the Accord.
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

i think it looks like either a Hundyi Sonata, or a newish Honda accord, since the newer accords trunks have shrunken a bit since the last model refresh. its def not a Kia, Ford, or Chevy Malibu. it is defiantly a near mid-size to large sedan.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
millster

Post by millster »

I'm going with late-model Honda Accord (like within the past 2 years "late model"). Looks just like a couple of them out in our parking lot here at work.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
ZubenElGenubi

Re: Help Identify This Vehicle (millster)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Don't know about the newer Accords; not enough taillight. Also, rear window is clipped at base (the original image rear window looks like it tapers to a point).
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Malibu Maxx maybe?
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Maybe a model of Saab? I don't know their different models and such, but that's what comes to mind for me with the short rear deck lid area and odd rims.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

Not sure the rims are that odd. This looks like a blow up from a much larger photo and the quality is such that you end up pixeling. Little squares making a picture, totally lacking in detail. But that is how digital works. This is going to be a tough diagnosis and further if it goes to court, tough to prove.
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
epcIII

Post by epcIII »

I was thinking it looked like a Honda Accord (or maybe a Civic) too, but it's just too grainy to tell. Hope they find her and the guy rots in hell.
DoubleBaril

Post by DoubleBaril »

From the looks of the picture, it looks like the rear end is smashed in, and therefore appears to look like a hatchback. The rear fender looks bent/damaged. So it very well could be an accord, but with the rear end damaged.
2003 Vibe AWD
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

I see a smashed up Accord that also looks a bit lowered.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Daren

Post by Daren »

Could be the new generation Maxima or Altima, they have the shortened rear deck and both are 4 door cars.
08 Silver stock with auto
ZubenElGenubi

SUSPECT ARRESTED!

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

A suspect has been arrested in the case.http://www.chron.com/disp/stor....htmlVideo Article:http://www.chron.com/disp/vide...25001Thanks for your suggestions. Am still hoping to find out what vehicle that was, out of curiosity.
bodhi_tree777

Re: SUSPECT ARRESTED! (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by ZubenElGenubi »A suspect has been arrested in the case.http://www.chron.com/disp/stor....htmlVideo Article:http://www.chron.com/disp/vide...25001Thanks for your suggestions. Am still hoping to find out what vehicle that was, out of curiosity.Outstanding. Guy looks like a scumbag.
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

I was thinking about it and it appears a little like a mazda 6