Kamikaze - I'm still around, just not as much as I use to...

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Kamikaze

Kamikaze - I'm still around, just not as much as I use to...

Post by Kamikaze »

As some of you may have known I lost my job back in September, Sold my bike (600RR) and have been looking for work ever since...Well, finally I got a job, I start next monday, I use to work IT Support and my new job will be working at a granite company mainly working with monuments and using a crane and crating up the stuff for shipping. (Yeah, just a little different than a typical office job for me)But I'm actually really excited because I really missed manual labor, staring at a computer screen all day for 6 years got a little boring for me.Um, what else, I bought a new bike (new to me) and am picking it up today, I'll try to post pics sometime this week.Other than that not much new, the vibe is offically done no more upgrades except maybe getting the body kit re-painted to 100% match, but that probably won't happen till next year.Oh, congrats BC on becoming Overlord
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
BlueCrush

Re: Kamikaze - I'm still around, just not as much as I use to... (Kamikaze)

Post by BlueCrush »

Missed seeing you on here, Kami. Sounds like things are starting to get better.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Kamikaze

Re: Kamikaze - I'm still around, just not as much as I use to... (BlueCrush)

Post by Kamikaze »

yeah, I missed my Vibe family, but I had to focus on what is most important which is my family. I've had so much time to spend with them that it's been really nice, I feel more like a family man that what I was. So even though it sucked that I lost my job, I really think it's all for the better.
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

hey dude welcome back!i've been more off than on here lately myself. like overlord, i mean BC said, though, its good that things are looking up for ya!what bike did you end up with? the 883? will be picking up my speed four when the weather gets warmer
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
Kamikaze

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by Kamikaze »

Nightster 1200I decided that I can always make it look like the Iron 883, and then the cool thing is it isn't all stock. Will post pics tonight or tomorrow of the bike.
ramenboy...

Re: (Kamikaze)

Post by ramenboy... »

nice. all black i''m sure.... was riding a 1600softail. sweet ride, but couldn't get over how narrow the front wheel was.
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

theres like 80 granite places down there too. Glad you finally got a job! how is the gf and kid?
hskater26

Re: (northvibe)

Post by hskater26 »

wb my friend
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
Kamikaze

Re: (hskater26)

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »how is the gf and kid?Wife, and kidS (plural) good, we're all doing well.Quote, originally posted by hskater26 »wb my friendThanks.Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »nice. all black i''m sure.... was riding a 1600softail. sweet ride, but couldn't get over how narrow the front wheel was.Suprising, not all black: sorry crappy photos, it was dark.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Very nice!!! So what's the first mod? I vote for dechroming and more black!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
Kamikaze

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »Very nice!!! So what's the first mod? I vote for dechroming and more black!!!HID headlight and Stainless steel brake lines... then it's onto the blinkers and cleaning up the look.Next year might be exhaust and a Air cleaner but if I do a A/C then I have to get the ECU retuned which is like $200 so I don't know...right now I'm just going to enjoy it.It already has Fwd Controls and mini apes on it so it looks and feels good. I'd like it to sound a little louder, but that will come in time.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

what a baby maker no wonder you still have the vibe So whats it like fitting a child seat to a motorcycle
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Cool! Looks good as is. Nice pick-up.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Kamikaze

Re: (northvibe)

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »what a baby maker no wonder you still have the vibe So whats it like fitting a child seat to a motorcycle You should know, isn't that how you were transported when you were younger (yeah, I know a moped isn't really a motorcycle but you know...)It would explain alot about you parnell
hskater26

Post by hskater26 »

oh no you got a harley!! haha jk thats going to be my next bike
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
lovemyraffe

Re: (hskater26)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Welcome back.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by Kamikaze »Suprising, not all black: sorry crappy photos, it was dark.aaaah suweet.... i agree with BC. looks kick a$$ as is. i'll try to dig up some pics on the softail!nice switch kami, and again, welcome back
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
Kamikaze

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by Kamikaze »

Well, I got to visit my new bike again today (it's at my friends place since he has the extra room and we didn't want our sportsters lonely)I really can't wait to be able to take some better photo's of it for you guys. (yeah, um thats all just to take photos, I don't want to ride it or anything...)This was the first nightster I got to see up close in person and pictures just don't do it justice, I thought when I saw the Iron 883 in person that there was no way I'd like the nightster any more, but I really like the spoke wheels and with the silver on the fenders and tank it has the right mix of black and silver. Plus with the vibe being silver it just all adds in together...Can't wait to take some pictures this spring with the 2 rides side by side.
kostby

Post by kostby »

I took the liberty of adjusting the brightness of the photos you uploaded...

Attached files

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
kostby

Re: (kostby)

Post by kostby »

Photo #2 I'm sure the background colors are distorted, but the motorcycle looks much better.

Attached files

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Welcome back bro!!! Congrats on the new job!!!!! The bike is awesome, I love the Nightsters. Family bonding FTW!!! Glad evreything is on the up and up for ya.Quote, originally posted by northvibe »So whats it like fitting a child seat to a motorcycle Gees Parnell even I know this oneStep 1. Install rear pilion, a two up seat, or hell just toss a towel down. dont wanna scratch the paint.Step 2. Get child seat, without baby in it preferably your own not to sure how someone would feel if you borrowed their child seat especially if their baby was still in it.Step 3. Get some Duct tape, bungee cords or some good old rope. Just try to stay away from the masking tape or scotch tape, they wont work for this application you would be jeopardizing safety real bad.step 4. Get you neighbor, mail carrier, milk man, dog to hold the child seat in a secure position so you can wrap the duct tape or rope, or what ever you were comfortable with. now be sure to wrap it tight as there is a life other then your to consider.Step 5. Get the baby once again preferably your own baby, we dont want you to go to jail for kidnapping. place baby in seat with a bottle, some applesauce, toys, tools.Step 6. This step you have options you can either use the harness from the seat to secure the child or just use more Duct tape as it would then match and honestly Duct tape is the shiznit and probably alot stronger then the harness anyway.Step 7. Get some Cling wrap, Saran wrap, or good ol' Duct tape again, and cover the top of the seat, don't want the little one to get wind burnt. after this step just be sure to vent the cover or the wife might not be to happy when she gets home.Step 8. Grow the biggest mullet you have ever seen (this should have been started 8 years prior)Step 9. Get the normal riding gear, cutoffs (each leg cut off at a different length of course), an old Lynard Skynard wife beater with some vent holes tore into the chest arm the arm pits cut to the waist, we dont even need shoes, but we will need to knock out a couple few teeth preferably in the front of the mouth but mix it up and say two on top and one on bottom. of course you need to have the MOM tattoo, hell get the lil one one as well.Step 10. Ride into the sunset
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
Kamikaze

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by Kamikaze »

^ nice Aron!Thanks Kostby for cleaning up those images MUCH better!new pics, took it out for a spin today and brought the mistress home.
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

Welcome Back buddy. i too myself haven't been as active as i would like, it doesnt help that i totaled the Vibe alittle over a month ago... Glad you got your self a good job, back on your feet and getting back to your normal routine!
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

ahaha Aron, nice one