Your Favorite Present

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Caretaker

Your Favorite Present

Post by Caretaker »

I got a picture of the 1980 Cosmos Roster. Takes me back to the great environment of "Cosmos Country" and having the opportunity to see some of the all time greatest soccer players in history.
KNINE

Re: Your Favorite Present (Caretaker)

Post by KNINE »

A Lowes gift card. I live in a 100 year old farm house that I'm renovating. That's one of the reasons I'm broke all the time.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

A new GPS..
lovemyraffe

Re: Your Favorite Present (09vGT)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Watching my daughter be thrilled with everything this morning.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

1970 Ghia similar to this one (mine needs a bit of work but this is the goal).....and a 74 Super Bug Convertible for the wifeIt's a 2fer Christmas!!Did I mention I'm an air cooled VW fan??Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
Caretaker

Re: Your Favorite Present (djkeev)

Post by Caretaker »

Great cars. We had about three of the bugs in the 60's up in NJ. We even had a manumatic version (half shift/half automatic)
bodhi_tree777

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by djkeev »1970 Ghia similar to this one (mine needs a bit of work but this is the goal).....and a 74 Super Bug Convertible for the wifeIt's a 2fer Christmas!!Did I mention I'm an air cooled VW fan??DaveBeautiful cars. I'm an air cooled fan myself, but have yet to actually scoop one up. I have my eye on a squareback, though.
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Got a nice Crafstman 6-wheel creeper / 3 ton jack / jack stands set... Now I can save us some serious coin on simple things like oil changes.Santa didn't bring me a garage though, so I'll be working out in the driveway but at least it's paved.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
star_deceiver

Re: Your Favorite Present (ColonelPanic)

Post by star_deceiver »

Starbucks and Future Shop gift cards!We're at the In-laws for christmas in Nanaimo, BC. There was one thing I really wanted but alas, it's all green here...A green christmas...it's just not the same without snow...

Attached files
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

i was gifted with the Chilton manual for the Vibe!!
lovemyraffe

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Where was this found? I've been looking and can't find one.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Babylon 5: The complete series, the complete movies (I wasn't even aware there were movies,) the complete behind-the-scenes kinda' stuff and the complete (and short-lived) spin-off series.When my wife does something, she goes all out. I would have been happy with just the series.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

2 faves: a wd 1.5 TB external HD and a Asus K60 notebook
djkeev

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by djkeev »

Quote, originally posted by zionzr2 »i was gifted with the Chilton manual for the Vibe!! I've never seen it for sale, I've seen it listed in their books though.I was gifted with the official HELM manual for my 07. Many pounds of Exciting reading! Well, it is when you need to Know something important about a repair or problem.Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

1000 watt RCA Suround sound system for the house.I need a MAGNIFING GLASS also to read/see the directions !
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
Blanco_Diablo

Re: Your Favorite Present (scherry2)

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

The ASUS is great for the price, bought the same one for somebody this Christmas! Midnight blue FTW!My favorite gift was money to put towards getting my audio stuff installed!
epcIII

Re: Your Favorite Present (lovemyraffe)

Post by epcIII »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »Watching my daughter be thrilled with everything this morning.
Tommychu

Re: Your Favorite Present (epcIII)

Post by Tommychu »

Took me by surprise, got a real nice pipe and some good tobacco. never smoked a pipe before. Very pleasant.Also a remote start, some tools and a LOT of clothing.But my girl couldn't be with me today, quite disappointing.And the presents I wrapped in boxes from http://prankpack.com had everyone confounded. well worth the money, even though they're really expensive for nothing but a cardboard box.
"I like to think GM is sort of like the USSR-In economic terms, an unprecedented catastrophe spanning multiple decades that brought misery to millions, but sometimes they made some nifty vehicles that we just love to post about on the internet."
bodhi_tree777

Re: Your Favorite Present

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

M'lady went all out and got me a Ween fanboy gift pack:andandbut that pales in comparison to the look on our daughter's face when we introduced her to our new dog! Photos to come, but she's a cutie. Kind of a border collie/spaniel mix. Her name is Sammy Davis Junior Junior
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
KNINE

Re: (06pvibe)

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »Babylon 5: The complete series I loved that series.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

I was X-mas/B-Day combo gifted, by the wife's side of the family, of a Nintento Wii(w/Wii Sports) & Wii Fit Balance Board and game. I can't wait to get it set up and start using it.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
bodhi_tree777

Re: Your Favorite Present (BlueCrush)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »I was X-mas/B-Day combo gifted, by the wife's side of the family, of a Nintento Wii(w/Wii Sports) & Wii Fit Balance Board and game. I can't wait to get it set up and start using it. Wii bowling is awesome.
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

the Vibe Chilton avail at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Toyota-M...r=8-1
06pvibe

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by 06pvibe »

So did I, but I got into it late so I caught most of them in reruns the first time around. There was so much to like and SOOOOO much better than the Star Trek (especially Next Gen, Voyager) @ the time.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
06pvibe

Re: Your Favorite Present (lovemyraffe)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »Watching my daughter be thrilled with everything this morning.I have never been a father, but I have to tell you that that is one of the nicest sentiments I have heard or read. And IMHO the best post here, including my own.
morbay

Post by morbay »

My wife got me a Squier CLASSIC VIBE Stratocaster.
Rob Pettigrew2009 Ultra White 2.4 AWDPearl White Arrowhead overlaysPainted Calipers October 2010 MOTM
msmyer

Post by msmyer »

Quote, originally posted by djkeev »and a 74 Super Bug Convertible for the wifeIt's a 2fer Christmas!!Did I mention I'm an air cooled VW fan??DaveDave-Love the car! Always wanted an old beetle!
‘03 Vibe with 317k and still going.............................

Other Mods: Sony X-Plod Headunit & Reflective White GVC decalMy Car at Cardomain.com... http://www.cardomain.com/id/msmyer
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Future Ms. OU.Grizzly got me some leather driving gloves, a set of 4 Guinness Glasses, and Detroit Red Wing Christmas Ornaments. By far, I love the Guinness Glasses (been wanting them for 4 yrs now!).
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
808 Vibes

Re: Your Favorite Present (morbay)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by morbay »My wife got me a Squier CLASSIC VIBE Stratocaster. dude...nice Fender!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
morbay

Re: Your Favorite Present (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by morbay »

Quote, originally posted by HawaiiPontiacLover » dude...nice Fender! Thanks! I thought the "VIBE" part was appropriate but it was most likely lost on her. :-)Still awesome though!
Rob Pettigrew2009 Ultra White 2.4 AWDPearl White Arrowhead overlaysPainted Calipers October 2010 MOTM
Sputnik

Re: Your Favorite Present (morbay)

Post by Sputnik »

I don't know that I have a favourite prezzie. I got a Nikkor Micro lens for my camera and a bracelet from my hubby. On boxing day I gifted myself with a new BlackBerry Bold 9700 that came with a $200 Best Buy gift card just for buying the 'berry.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
millster

Re: Your Favorite Present (Sputnik)

Post by millster »

My wife and I decided to focus on our little man this year. With my income being our only, we had somewhat limited funds and wanted to make sure he had a good Christmas and we still had money for bills and a little to set aside for our honeymoon in February. But, our parents still got us presents and I'd have to say that MY fav is the first printing "Complete Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" after my Mom accidentally sold my second printing at the yard sale. She did one better in replacing it. Shows my Mom still cares.It was hard not to buy my wife anything, but I realized as we sat watching Ethan open all of his presents that in reality, I had given her the best gift possible. A strong and loving father for her son and a loving and dedicated partner for her. She likewise gave me the same. A loving son who even though he spent his first 7 years without me now treats me as if he is my own flesh and blood... and a dedicated partner who is the absolute love of my life. So, my favorite present this Christmas? The fact that I'm still here to have shared it with my family that I adore!
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
808 Vibes

Re: Your Favorite Present (millster)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by millster »My wife and I decided to focus on our little man this year. With my income being our only, we had somewhat limited funds and wanted to make sure he had a good Christmas and we still had money for bills and a little to set aside for our honeymoon in February. But, our parents still got us presents and I'd have to say that MY fav is the first printing "Complete Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" after my Mom accidentally sold my second printing at the yard sale. She did one better in replacing it. Shows my Mom still cares.It was hard not to buy my wife anything, but I realized as we sat watching Ethan open all of his presents that in reality, I had given her the best gift possible. A strong and loving father for her son and a loving and dedicated partner for her. She likewise gave me the same. A loving son who even though he spent his first 7 years without me now treats me as if he is my own flesh and blood... and a dedicated partner who is the absolute love of my life. So, my favorite present this Christmas? The fact that I'm still here to have shared it with my family that I adore! I'm gonna cry...
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~