Getting a PS3 for Christmas!

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Kevzaz

Getting a PS3 for Christmas!

Post by Kevzaz »

Who else has one and what can you say about it?
wyatt89

Post by wyatt89 »

I've had one for about two years and it's been nothing but fantastic! I just wish the new ones were backwards compatible Blu-rays are totally awesome if you bought it for that.
'04 lava GTSRI, Progress rear sway bar, Infinity reference backs, components in the front, Infinity Kappa 124.7w sub, Alphasonik 600rms@2ohms for the sub, alpine head unit, worst paint ever!
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

I got the OG 60G the first Xmas they were out. I absolutely love it. I have never had any problems with it. If you plan on utlizing it as an actual entertainment station as well, you may want to go ahead and upgrade the hard drive prior to putting anything on it. It is something that Sony supports believe it or not as they have directions in the manual for it! You can link it to your computer and play all your music, view photos and such, but if you want to create playlists with your music, you will have to copy them to the PS3 and then create the playlists. I could go on and on with my experiences. Enjoy!!!
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

I has a 80gb 1st gen model for about 2 years? Its been awesome, I love being able to play .avi/divx files and stream them over the network bluray is good too. Sound can go over the hdmi or optical. Exclusive titles are bad ***... its a very good system.
Kevzaz

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by Kevzaz »

Quote, originally posted by Wolfman213 »I got the OG 60G the first Xmas they were out. I absolutely love it. I have never had any problems with it. If you plan on utlizing it as an actual entertainment station as well, you may want to go ahead and upgrade the hard drive prior to putting anything on it. It is something that Sony supports believe it or not as they have directions in the manual for it! You can link it to your computer and play all your music, view photos and such, but if you want to create playlists with your music, you will have to copy them to the PS3 and then create the playlists. I could go on and on with my experiences. Enjoy!!!The new ones come with 120 gb... that should be more than enough.I will be using it for bluray too. I am soooo excited!
damronjr

Re: (Kevzaz)

Post by damronjr »

I have a PS3 and a 360 and a Wii, but I think the PS3 is the better deal. Blu-ray player, wireless internet connection built in, free online service, all things the others don't have. However, if you want to play old PS2 games you will need to find a Gen1 80GB PS3, the new ones don't play PS2 games any more.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Kevzaz

Re: (damronjr)

Post by Kevzaz »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »I have a PS3 and a 360 and a Wii, but I think the PS3 is the better deal. Blu-ray player, wireless internet connection built in, free online service, all things the others don't have. However, if you want to play old PS2 games you will need to find a Gen1 80GB PS3, the new ones don't play PS2 games any more.Yea, I'm aware, but I dont see myself playing my old games... they are really old... haha
hskater26

Post by hskater26 »

i bought a replacement plan through best buy and just got the red ring of death about a month ago so in about 2 weeks i should get a gift card for 350$ and im going to get the ps3 instead
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
Kevzaz

Re: (hskater26)

Post by Kevzaz »

Quote, originally posted by hskater26 »i bought a replacement plan through best buy and just got the red ring of death about a month ago so in about 2 weeks i should get a gift card for 350$ and im going to get the ps3 insteadI read somewhere that the rate of failure on the 360 is 35%... thats just so sadddd. The ps3 is like There is no need for 35 percent...oh and I just bought that really expensive monster cable that is like 2000 times better than other cables! (not serious) I bought a 6 dollar cable that will produce the same results.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by Kevzaz »I read somewhere that the rate of failure on the 360 is 35%... thats just so sadddd. The ps3 is like There is no need for 35 percent...oh and I just bought that really expensive monster cable that is like 2000 times better than other cables! (not serious) I bought a 6 dollar cable that will produce the same results.I think that is a "was" figure, from what I understand they have fixed the overheating an death problem of the original 360s. I had mine replaced 3 times before I finally just went and bought en Elite, 0 problems with it since I bought it.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
hskater26

Post by hskater26 »

i bought the 360 about a yr and a half ago but im excited to get a ps3 instead
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

I just dont look forward to all the games I have to buy. I think I am going to buy Call of duty and chill with that for a month. =D
hskater26

Post by hskater26 »

i just got my gift card today for 367. souped. going to best buy soon haha