Anyone out there had knee surgery?

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
09vGT

Anyone out there had knee surgery?

Post by 09vGT »

Both of my knee caps have been dislocating since the 6th grade or so (now a freshman in college.) It has happened, oh, like five or six times to each knee.. So freakin annoying.. anyway.. it happened again today, first time in like 2 years.. I don't even bother going to the ER anymore because I just fix it my self.. Any one gone the surgery route for dislocations? If so how are the results. Happened again since? I'm worried about recovery time. Ill be going off to university next year, and both knee need to be done. Obviously not at the same time So I was wondering on the recovery time.. Not sure if Christmas break is enough time to be able to drive when mid January comes around.. What do you think?
ou.grizzly

Re: Anyone out there had knee surgery? (09vGT)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Are you physically active?Do you engage in high impact activities?Do you wear knee braces to provide proper alignment?
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Physically active... besides light exercise.. no.. can't be because of my knee issue.. knee braces provide no help anymore..
ou.grizzly

Re: (09vGT)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Think it is time oyou get to an Orthopedic, hit physical therapy, then have surgery on 1 knee, and evaluate the results.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

****ty to hear, i've torn my mcl once while playing football with a bunch of friends from work..hurt like hell..took about a month and abit to recover fully
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Recovery depends on the person. I had one of my knees done 8 years ago, and most of the time it feels 100% better than before the surgery. It took me almost 6 months before I had full range of motion again. It was only a week before I was able to walk on it, but everybody is different. It does sound like you need to do something.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage