Ghost stories -- lets hear them!

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
bull77

Ghost stories -- lets hear them!

Post by bull77 »

I've never seen anything but I've had feelings of being watched. My wife on the other hand has a bunch of stories of seeing/hearing/dreaming things. She freaks me out... Anyone have stories to share - maybe sightings?
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Never witnessed it in person, but in my old office weird noises were heard and random things would be moved overnight. The buildings were used as a WWI prisoner of war hospital, then converted into a school for the Native Americans. Some of the buildings were torn down, some were used for business. Some creepy stuff happened there.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

well i used to take chinese classes during the weekend in some church when i was a kid back in elementary school. during break time we will just wonder around and play. one day we found this small door and my friend opened it and we felt a gust of wind but it was just a tiny little room with no windows and stuff. we didn't think much of it but then the next weekend we hear footsteps during class but we were the only ones there. during break time we walked around and when we got to the auditorium area we saw a light on the ground and it just moved towards us so we ran out of there. again we hear footsteps and things falling and one of the other class mates that didn't come with us felt something touched her shoulder and got freaked out. eventually classes were cancelled and no more chinese school there lol
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
damronjr

Re: (lowincash)

Post by damronjr »

My in-laws all swear they have seen/heard stuff in this very house I have been living in for years now, I have never seen/heard anything.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
morbay

Re: Ghost stories -- lets hear them! (bull77)

Post by morbay »

When my daughter was about 3 years old she would talk about the little boy and man who were in the corner of the ex's room and mine. One day we were in there and I was holding her and she was staring very hard into the corner of the room when all of a sudden she whipped her head around like she was tracking something visually across the room....it was really weird.
Rob Pettigrew2009 Ultra White 2.4 AWDPearl White Arrowhead overlaysPainted Calipers October 2010 MOTM
bull77

Re: Ghost stories -- lets hear them! (morbay)

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by morbay »When my daughter was about 3 years old she would talk about the little boy and man who were in the corner of the ex's room and mine. One day we were in there and I was holding her and she was staring very hard into the corner of the room when all of a sudden she whipped her head around like she was tracking something visually across the room....it was really weird.freaky stuff --- i believe kids and animals have a 6th sense. We used to use our camcorder to film our kid sleeping (to monitor his patterns) and we'd see him looking up in the corner and listening to something/someone. We'd also hear him playing or laughing like someone was with him. Plus we'd always see these white orbs fly across the screen. my wife thinks its her grandfather thats playing with him i'll have to post the stuff that my wife has experienced --- its lonnnggg...
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

kids with 6th senses, maybe that's why a lot of them have imaginary friends...which indeed is a ghost or some kind of spirit that they're playing with o_O
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
moonstonemike

Post by moonstonemike »

At my g/f's old house they used to hear footsteps going from the basement up to the kitchen, they would open the basement door and no one would be there. One time her mother heard the steps coming from the basement, then went around to check , then heard running up the stairs to the second story.After that she had the house blessed and when they got to blessing the basement stairs there was a gust of wind that came up the stairs after that no more noises.
joholste

Re: (moonstonemike)

Post by joholste »

I lived in the basement of the house I grew up in. Shortly after moving in I was having tons of nightmares involving a strange dude and his wife. I also would wake up and be so disoriented that I couldn't find the door or light switch to my room. I swore several times that I heard a woman scream the week before christmas. We found out about 2 years after we moved in(it was my dad's church's manse BTW) that the man who had owned the house before my church bought it, had killed his wife and himself over christmas. He'd done it a few days before christmas and noone noticed because of the holidays they thought the couple had gone on vacation.
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
Houston

Post by Houston »

My baby sister (now about 54 years old) has been psychic all her life. She asks questions of spirits and gets answers from them everyday - including from our parents, both of whom have been dead for decades. Spirits are not "out there" somewhere. They're right here, but exist at a frequency or vibration that only certain people can pick up on. All of you have deceased loved ones hanging around you all the time. We are spirit, existing here for now only because we have lessons to learn on the physical plane. After death we return to the spirit world from where we came. There really is no reason to fear death.I've had experiences that have been so unbelievable that I've never told anyone but her about, 'cause someone would have me thrown into the nut house.
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
Raven

Re: Ghost stories -- lets hear them! (Houston)

Post by Raven »

My wife used to see and hear people (ghosts) in our house. Once she described a man about 55 years old, barrel chested, big moustache, spoke with a strange accent. She saw him looking into an old refridgerator which was painted green. He asked how his wife was doing, using her pet name. One of my parents friends died of a heart attach right in front of us 42 years ago, I was 8 at the time. This was his description, he was from South Africa thus the accent. We had an old green fridge we got rid of 35 years ago. The pet name he used was only known by his wife and a very few close friends including my mother. When my wife told my mother this story she said "Never speak to me about this again". Another time she told me she saw a very short woman with very long black hair sitting on our stairs looking very sad, she did not speak. My mother's friend fitting this description commited suicide by jumping in the frigid Gatineau River one November day about 30 years ago, she couldn't swim.
bull77

Re: Ghost stories -- lets hear them! (Raven)

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by Raven »My wife used to see and hear people (ghosts) in our house.did they just stop or did you move?
Raven

Post by Raven »

She just doesn't see them any more. Both of their spouses have since died so perhaps they have rejoined each other and left for a better place.
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Great topic idea!! Ghost stories freak me out but none have happened to me personally. My dad claims that a house near his childhood home was haunted. I've been there and it did look quite haunted (abandoned). He claims that the dog wouldn't go into one room and once when they were there when they were leaving they heard like the sound of a beehive and looked back and there was this glowing form in the door.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
03VibeOttawa

Re: Ghost stories -- lets hear them! (Sputnik)

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

One house I lived in from 1990-2001 growing up had to have been haunted (312 Devon St, Stratford Ontario). We heard footsteps in the bedroom hallway numerous times, and a few times I left my room with a baseball bat or something, 100% expecting to find an intruder, only to find nothing. One time my whole family was sitting in the rec room, and out of nowhere there were three loud knocks on an interior door to the room. My mom said with a straight face "That's probably just Ralph back for a visit." (Very healthy guy in his early 70s who lived there for 20 years, and died suddenly 6 days after moving out,). We were freaked out. What a lot of people find creepy about the house is that the two previous owners of the house had sons die young (1 car accident in his late teens - I had the same room as him, the other in his 20s, I can't recall how). By the the late 90s when I was in my, teens the footstep sounds were just more annoying than scary, and it takes a lot more to creep me out now.
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.