Random question, anyone know what kind of spider this is?

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
bodhi_tree777

Random question, anyone know what kind of spider this is?

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

He's living just outside my front door, has been for a while. ..
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

One that needs smashed!!! Sorry, I have arachniphobia.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
KNINE

Re: Random question, anyone know what kind of spider this is? (bodhi_tree777)

Post by KNINE »

A bikini spider?
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
bodhi_tree777

Re: Random question, anyone know what kind of spider this is? (K-NINE)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »A bikini spider? you get some interesting responses if you google "bikini spider"
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by Wolfman213 »One that needs smashed!!! Sorry, I have arachniphobia.LOL! Me too. Whenever I see a spider, I have my wife come kill it for me. Yes, I know that I am a wuss.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

def not a wuss bc if someone else is around i have them kill it too. that or i grab a shoe and smash it with extremely violent force just to ensure that it's not coming back to life.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

it's not posinious thats fer sure since i have the same kind here,i like spiders & try not to kill any.since im in the woods im always walken thru web's.here's 1 that was out my back door[IMG][/IMG]the "brown recluse" is bad thohttp://www.emedicinehealth.com...m.htm
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
bodhi_tree777

Re: Random question, anyone know what kind of spider this is? (TONY TAT2)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

I'm more than happy to have him around, not really the scared-of-spiders type (although an insect buzzing in my ear will send chills up my spine, go figure). She can eat all the l'il pesky flying things she wants. I live across the street from an old glass marble factory and the chimneys are full of bats. Between them and the spiders, we've had a pretty mosquito free summer so far
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

bats are cool. I have three of them that circle my house all summer.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Not sure what it is but if those are egg sacks then it looks like you might have a lot more in the near future! lol
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

After further research, I find that, that is a Whatchamacallit...Which is a part of the thingamabob family....
wyatt89

Re: Random question, anyone know what kind of spider this is? (TONY TAT2)

Post by wyatt89 »

Quote, originally posted by TONY TAT2 »it's not posinious thats fer sure since i have the same kind here,i like spiders & try not to kill any.since im in the woods im always walken thru web's.here's 1 that was out my back door[IMG][/IMG]the "brown recluse" is bad thohttp://www.emedicinehealth.com...m.htmAll spiders are technically poisonous. It's how they kill their prey and extract their food. They bite, it liquefies their victim's internals and they extract it.That picture is of a black and yellow argiope.
'04 lava GTSRI, Progress rear sway bar, Infinity reference backs, components in the front, Infinity Kappa 124.7w sub, Alphasonik 600rms@2ohms for the sub, alpine head unit, worst paint ever!
wyatt89

Post by wyatt89 »

Quote, originally posted by bodhi_tree777 »He's living just outside my front door, has been for a while. ..Looks like a marbled orb weaver to me, there are several spiders that look very similar to that though.
'04 lava GTSRI, Progress rear sway bar, Infinity reference backs, components in the front, Infinity Kappa 124.7w sub, Alphasonik 600rms@2ohms for the sub, alpine head unit, worst paint ever!