Fruitopia in Canada?

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
tnpartsguy

Fruitopia in Canada?

Post by tnpartsguy »

Is it true you can still get Fruitopia in Canada?
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
808 Vibes

Re: Fruitopia in Canada? (tnpartsguy)

Post by 808 Vibes »

That stuff just disappeared, didn't it? Wasn't that around mid/late 80's or so? If they do have it, road trip! Stock up, come back with the different flavors!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
Kari

Re: Fruitopia in Canada? (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by Kari »

The Minute Maid strawberry stuff you can get out of fountains sometimes is the strawberry version, apparently...but that's all that's left.
GenVibe Global Moderator
808 Vibes

Re: Fruitopia in Canada? (Kari)

Post by 808 Vibes »

They were pretty good...non-carbonated, non-caffeinated. My mom used to buy the peach flavor all the time.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
Herb

Post by Herb »

According to Wikipedia:Fruitopia juice is still available in Canada in a wide variety of flavours, and has recently been released into Australia. The ingredients in Canadian and former American Fruitopia drinks are not the same and they also taste(d) different; the United States version has preservatives added.
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
Neouka

Post by Neouka »

Yeah, Fruitopia is all over the place. McDonald's even has it on tap.
03 Abyss Base, not 5 .. 6spd!2012 Focus soon...
bull77

Re: (Neouka)

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by Neouka »Yeah, Fruitopia is all over the place. McDonald's even has it on tap.yup -- so do a bunch of other fast food places.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

yeah the US version was just sugar, ugh it was way to sugary and sweet, non juice tasting.
Kari

Re: (northvibe)

Post by Kari »

The US version was likely sweetened with High Fructose Corn Syrup....the Canadian version is probably sweetened with sugar. HFCS is much sweeter than sugar, and cheaper, which is why it's in so much of our food. However, this is the only country where the soft drink companies DON'T use sugar to sweeten their drinks. Go to Mexico and buy a Coke, and it's sweetened with sugar, and has a totally different taste. Those of us in our 20s or younger (and some in their lower 30s) have probably not had many soft drinks sweetened with sugar, because they've been using HFCS since the 70s.
GenVibe Global Moderator
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

ack well yes I mean HFCS. I dont drink any of that stuff anymore so I just call it sugar.. BUT the new throwback mountain dew and pepsi taste fantastic compared to the HFCS stuff.
Whelan

Re: (northvibe)

Post by Whelan »

Speaking of old favs, (thread jack) Clearly Canadian Cherry was my favorite when I lived in Ohio (near Cleveland). I have not seen or had it in years!
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
Herb

Re: (Whelan)

Post by Herb »

No more glass bottles anymore

Attached files
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

I found a place in TX that bottles Dr Pepper with Imperial Cane Sugar!!! I loved the Throwback Mountain Dew, but I'd love to find some passover Coke (also with real sugar, not HFCS, YUCK) and get my paws on this Dr Pepper with sugar!!btw,Clearly Canadian in plastic probably SUCKS..... the Glass bottles made it taste so good... and it looks like they no longer have Boysenberry.... dang!
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
Kari

Re: (Herb)

Post by Kari »

I was buying Clearly Canadian in glass bottles (and the diet version) at Miami University from 2005-2007...is the plastic a new development?Mountain Blackberry is my favorite.
GenVibe Global Moderator
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

That's odd how Frutopia just kinda disappeared, totally under the radar. I didn't even realize it was gone. Slick one, Coke!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Herb

Re: (tnpartsguy)

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by tnpartsguy »btw,Clearly Canadian in plastic probably SUCKS..... the Glass bottles made it taste so good... and it looks like they no longer have Boysenberry.... dang!I only took a quick look at their website earlier, but a more detailed look including a press release shows that they still are bottling in glass. I think the plastic bottles may be a different product line they offer as wellhttp://www.integratir.com/news...ng=EN

Attached files