follow E3 through northp!

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
northvibe

follow E3 through northp!

Post by northvibe »

I will be going to E3 next week in LA and the iGames expo. I have some video game nerd friends that were super excited and so I made a twitter account so I could update people on new stuff and things I do/see. If you want to follow my virgin visit to E3 and iGames join my twitter account, parnelllutzIll post pics and video during or when I get back.
damronjr

Re: follow E3 through northp! (northvibe)

Post by damronjr »

Cool! Swing down here to SD and go for a ride in the SS!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

haha I heard we may get tickets to the nba finals game 1 with the lakers vs magic. Maybe if Coy's friend gets wild, vegas on Saturday.MS is giving their press conference Monday at 10am So I'll miss that as its a day BEFORE E3 starts :/Sony and nintendo plus many game companies give their press conference on Tuesday!! I'll see those. If you join the twitter, I'll post vid game news as it hits!
Mavrik

Re: (northvibe)

Post by Mavrik »

Man I'm jealous. Have always wanted to go.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Theres no more info than you saw in the new trailer for MW2, theres no demo or anything I've seen so far I'll be getting in depth tomorrow with specific games but MW2 is pretty much most wanted and thats the news :/From today:Wii - wiifit plus has 15 new games and balance things, they say its like brainage for your back. - red steal 2 - uses motion plus, I'll test this tomorrow or thurs - mario galaxy 2!!! I recorded gameplay of this it looked sweet! - New mario with coop, can jump on eachother and throw eachother, not sure if this is the galaxy title though will check into. - new mario/sonic olympic winter games, bobsledding, speed skating, looked fun.x360 - halo odst - like cod but halo. looks sweet, theres a demo, i recorded footage and will test tomorrow. - new video camera for x360 for motion stuff, sounds just like ps2's eye toy though. - crackdown 2, battlefield 1943, overlord 2, ghostbusters, batman, section 8, nsf shift, forza 3, dirt 2Dirt 2 - I played for a couple min. plays awsome, graphics are great, got lots of video, I was driving the 2009 sti. forza 3 - from what I saw it looked like forza 2, Ill test soon....NSF:shift - this game looks @#$#@$ tits, its new into the "real sim" genre so I'll test it and let you know but from the video I saw...mmmm looks sweeeeeet.ghostbusters - game has great graphics, looks fun. I got pics of me with a GB team holding the trap hahha We met tony hawk while eating a early lunch. We also met the two guys who made fieldrunners for iphone.ps3 - god of war 3, i didnt see a demo though - new psp go, 16gb internal memory, slide screen, no umd all download games. - had all those games for x360 listed playing, batman, GB, overlord 2 and more but forgot at the moment. - they released a new video thing with drawing, we didnt stay to see the whole conference but it looked cool, he painted some things. - ps3 home was getting pushed pretty hard, looks hella fun to make a person and place to live then walk around and pick things to dotritton head sets - one of BGR's sponsors, they sponsor our COD4 team and we only use their headsets. I just got a pro set and modded the led's in them to flash to the subwoofer, they are very excited to see them!!
KNINE

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »Man I'm jealous. Have always wanted to go.+1
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Mavrik

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by Mavrik »

I watched the G4 coverage of the first day... holy crap Assassin's Creed 2 looks AWESOME. Also looks like the show is three times as big compared to last year.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

last year was tiny cuz they blocked a TON of people out....update - well I did a lot of **** today so here is a "I think this is all" updatewii - new - mario galaxy, zelda (not shown at E3, but is a teenage link), metroid. - I played the new tiger woods 2010, its awesome with the wiimotion plus. good translation of wii mote to club, down to turning the wrist is moving the club face. MUCH better than current golf games. - NEW mario bros game with 4 player coop. but you are slighty against eachother. You can jump on eachother, get propeller hats, throw eachother. Its a side scrolling game. E3 only had 10 levels, I hope theres more or the game will be short and kinda boring. Its fun but very chaotic and gets confusing to see who is who. - wii resort - looks good, has bow/arrow, basketball shooting, fencing, jet ski etc. very fun. - theres a EA tennis slam/smash? I dont remember but I played it. Its a very decent game (wiimote plus) but no buttons needed just movement which is nice. doesnt use mii's but real people in char form. I got sweaty playing it a couple matches, against some old lady that swung and hit ppl and some hip guy I wasted - red steal 2 - havent played it yet but I watched. The sword fighting is MUCH better now that wiimotion is used. cant wait for it. graphics are slightly cel shaded looking.sony gran turismo psp!!!! @#$#@$@# ABOUT FING TIME!!! comes out as a psp go launch title (works on both). has 800 cars, 35 tracks. GREAT graphics for a psp. Handles great, I played a GTR and it felt slow....but was good gameplay. Finally the reason I got the psp to begin with, I can finally play the fing GT game mobile..... - god of war 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! demo is here but playing it tomorrow - uncharted 2 demo - playing it tomorrow - ghost busters demo - tomorrow as well. graphics look great, has original cast. looks hella fun - batman - HOLY BALLS this game is @#$@#$# AWESOME. This imo is the most underrated game. Easy to play, great fighting system, great graphics. Its fun to grapple up high then fly down and drop on someone or hang upside down and nab ppl. Its just like metal gear solid but slightly less stealth. Its best to take people on 1 on 1 or they just machine gun you up. But you can hide all over sneak around and use tricks to distract baddies. OH Man its a must buy.xbox - forza 3, halo odst, NSF shift, blur and that other racing game ill try to play tomorrow. There were huge lines for them. Lego harry potter video - looked hella fun thoughOH theres this new DS game called wireway!! its soooo fun, easy, simple game. You hang from wires and sling shot yourself around to complete side scroll like levels.deca 2 for wii was weak I would not recommend itspore hero for wii is comingDiRT 2 - um...better graphics, play is much harder, some handling felt better but some felt sloppy. Its a game you really need to play a lot to get used to and get better. I talked to the MW2 guys, they wouldnt tell me **** nothing. I asked sneaky questions and nothing. THey didnt have anything about it in the booth but the trailer, which they have a slightly diff trailer than the ones youve seen.left 4 dead 2 - looks GREAT. Its essentially the same, but new levels (5 chapters), 3 new baddies (one is called a charger), all new weapons, new health things, and new bomb things. You can get melee weapons, like a bat, frying pan, fire ax.NO info on a new RS6 but assasins creed 2 looks awesome, demo was blocked to only vip's. New splinter cell is WAY more arcady, ie. more faster pace, easier to shoot people.New ratchet and clank for ps3 looks SWEET! awesome platformer, fun, excellent gameplay.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

well i just got back and dont remember everything I played now.... but:Halo: ODST - has a campaign and mutliplayer both 1-4 player coop. Demo was only multiplayer. Multi player is now in wave format like horde in gears. It was crazy fun, each wave have new skulls pop up so different game play. and you really need to work together to complete it. Graphics are the same as halo3 but theres a nigh vision that shows baddies and better ability to see when dark. L4D 2 - plays just like the first one, same graphics but the all new weapons, melee weapons are fun.Ghostbusters - this game is @#$#$ sweet. 1-4 player coop, same cast as original GB movie. Game takes place just after the 2nd movie. Graphics are great, good controls of the laser blaster thing (crap forgot whats its called). It burns surroundings and makes cool effects. It can be used to move objects or break them, with great physics. In the demo I played, I chased slimer around and put him in a trap. I would deff consider this game as a purchaseBatman - yeah played this again cuz I thought this was the best game there. Just awesome graphics, controls and things to do. Hang upside down and nab baddies. Glide kick to take out people. Its like MGS but more fighting. Theres a batvision to see where baddies are on the area and so you can plot your take outs. You really cant fight many at once, so sneaking and taking them out silently is a must. Which really makes you find new routes and hiding spots to do so. Like a floor board opens and batman jumped in and I snuck under the floor and jacked up someone.Forza 3 - wow I havent played 2 in a bit but this game felt WAY more arcady. So it may disappoint the hardcore racers. Great graphics though. handling was ok, so was braking.NFS: shift - eh not sure on this game. From what I played I did not like it. The handling felt really weird, braking was WAY to slow and not realistic for the GTR I was driving. Graphics were good though and AI didnt seem bad. I would need to play again, to get a better feel for it. This is a rent before buying for sure.The Conduit for wii - The best graphic wii fps, with a in house made game engine. Game has multiplayer over net and single player campaign (not sure on coop, forgot to ask). Game has great graphics in single player, slightly less in multi so it can network play better. Every button or motion can be remapped (good for grenades). Controls were pretty decent, may need to tweak the move speed on the wiimote looking but otherwise I really liked the game. I demo'd the multi player and was fighting other people at E3. Took me about 5 min to get used to moving and looking then I was doing crazy killing . Levels are well made for multiplayer mayhem. New MGS for ps3 looks insane! Is now using Raiden as the main character. Game is called Metal Gear Solid: Rising stars RaidenUmmm I played tons more but cant remember! OhTiger woods 2010 wii - used wiimotion and was THE BEST GOLF GAME! The wii motion really makes golfing almost real. Now putting doesnt suck, swings are realistic, graphics are better, twisting the remote moves the club face. If you like TW this is the console to get it on.EA's tennis game, smash or something - uses tennis stars but in cartoony looks. Gameplay was good though. Plays like wii sports tennis, no needing to move just swing. Now with wiimotion slices and other effects are really pronounced and actually work. I played some old asian lady that almost took my out with her flying arm a couple times but I won Wiisports resort - this game was fun as hell. The basketball shooting actually works well! archery wasnt bad, the sword fighting was kinda hard at first but good time. Theres a bunch of mini games in there, but that wiimotion really makes playing a lot more realistic. If you got a wii this is a must have, specially to get the wiimotion for other games. New socom on psp - looks and plays the same as the last ones but new missions etc. The new psp is @#$@# awesome. Sliding feels really good. I thought the controls would be cramped but they actually work better than the current psp. The screen is just a tad smaller but has the same resolution so it looks MUCH crisper. If you have questions on games ask, cuz I played a ton I just cant remember now. I drank a lot and took a red eye flight home so I'm pretty out of it.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

oh yeah, so we met tony hawk the first day, Vern aka mini mi ran into my boss man the 3rd day. He is freaking tiny as hell. I saw all those head nintendo, sony, konami and sega asain guys..its like I recognized them but didnt remember their names so I just starred at them...they saw me smiled and walked off hahah star struck. Leaving LA we saw lisa lobes from the wnba team.
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

this thread has become worthless without pics.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

lol alright I'll pull the pics off my phone, not much. but we got mostly video of everything. So I'm going to try and have my friend edit it per game etc.
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Anything on the new Red Dead or Assassin's Creed 2?
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »Anything on the new Red Dead or Assassin's Creed 2?red dead revolver game? isnt that almost out? no didnt see anything newAssassins creed 2 - yes... but the demo was behind closed doors, theres a new trailer though. Game looks awesome. The main complaint I hear was the game was too repetitive so I hope they do some things to change up the game play. Here for now since I didnt get a chance to take the pics off my phone I'll find trailers for the games.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Mass effect 2http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...eddedGOW3 gameplayhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v...eddedDC Universe - this game was actually pretty funhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v...eddedGT5http: ... eddedForza 3http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...eddedWii compilation of new super mario bros, galaxy 2 and new metroidhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B49ILMDC3DcGhos ... gameBatman - this is gameplay video of the starting of the gamehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bebf6I89sJQhalo odsthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHk6znWyHPwhalo odst firefight mode with ign - this is what I played at E3.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-A_toRN294
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Yeah they were saying in the interview I watched on G4 that they learned a lot from the first Assassin's Creed. They made a lot of changes. You don't need to do anything to proceed with your objectives. You don't need to check in with anyone or go perform any tasks for hints. Obviously its in your best interest to learn all you can but its not required. Flags are in but they have done a lot to make it less repetative.The new Red Dead is not close to being out as far as I know. Still in development by Rock Star.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »Yeah they were saying in the interview I watched on G4 that they learned a lot from the first Assassin's Creed. They made a lot of changes. You don't need to do anything to proceed with your objectives. You don't need to check in with anyone or go perform any tasks for hints. Obviously its in your best interest to learn all you can but its not required. Flags are in but they have done a lot to make it less repetative.The new Red Dead is not close to being out as far as I know. Still in development by Rock Star.oh I may of thought that the red dead was the call of juarez. NVM yes new red dead was not at E3 :/ man I loved red dead I actually beat the game and i never beat games.
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Its one of the few games I have and never finished, along with Assassin's Creed. I got to the part in Red Dead as you play as the general through some battle with cannons. frustrated me to no end so I quit the game. The new one seems like its going to play out in true GTA fashion, only a western.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Alrighty its almost that time again. I'll be flying out to LA next friday for E3 2010! I'll be using twitter again I suppose and trying to update as much as I can.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

well I am pushing to go to E3 2011, specially since the wii 2 should be announced/shown there.