Speed 3 is out of commission :(

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
northvibe

Speed 3 is out of commission :(

Post by northvibe »

Some old lady didnt want to yield.uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh here we go....I had green light, she was turning left going across my lanes. I was coming to the intersection, she hesitated a few times then right when I got close she went for it. I saw her go into the left lane, slammed my brakes, slide and she was in my lane looking at me. I was like OH SH**, BAM. Coolant leaked everywhere, at least 1 front tire is fully flat, passenger door wouldnt open, front end was pushed in about 6 inches.
morbay

Re: Speed 3 is out of commission :( (northvibe)

Post by morbay »

Oh man, that sucks.
Rob Pettigrew2009 Ultra White 2.4 AWDPearl White Arrowhead overlaysPainted Calipers October 2010 MOTM
808 Vibes

Re: Speed 3 is out of commission :( (morbay)

Post by 808 Vibes »

I'm sorry I hope it gets settled soon.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Ouch, that sux!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
BlueCrush

Re: (damronjr)

Post by BlueCrush »

Parnell, what have you done???? I hope you are alright...? That sucks!!!! Are you going to get it repaired or buy another Vibe?
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

That really sucks, Parnell.. So you're OK though, right? The car took a beating for you...Say, what the heck kind of car was it that hit you hard enough to rip your license plate in half? Glad you're OK and keep us posted on how you and the car are doing.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

yeah pretty sure I'm ok. I kinda had some back muscle pain and a headache but its going away (no near as bad as the vibe accident). The car she was driving was a 96 plymouth breeze (same on a dodge neon).So if this car gets totaled I'll be picking up a new turbo cobalt SS. I dont see any new 2010 ms3's :/
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hope you're ok parnell. hope it gets fixed soon. or maybe this is an omen. maybe the RS is on its way. as far as the 2010 3s. don't like the front end at all.take it easy
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
schroeder

Post by schroeder »

Parnell:Hope you are OK!Looks like a nasty hit.Keep us posted
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

PLEASE tell me she got cited!!!I'm so SICK AND TIRED of people like that...Very similar situation to how my 6 got t-boned a year ago...On a side note, gas is $2.39 there?DAMN! That's high!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

wow. i'm sorry to hear it. if she failed to yield, she should have been cited. just hope she has insurance!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
808 Vibes

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »On a side note, gas is $2.39 there? DAMN! That's high! No it's not
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
bodhi_tree777

Re: (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by HawaiiPontiacLover » No it's not was thinking the same thing, i'm up to 2.71 for premium here. Really hope you're okay, man. Sorry to see the car beat up, but that's not all that important in the grand scheme.
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

thanks everyone! Yes the officer said she was ticketed for failing to yield. She looked like 80+yrs old. Almost wish I had my gopro camera going. It was like...(removed) seriously you are going?!I hope the car is totaled for the fact that I dont want a ruined car if the frame was bent etc. Pretty sure either way I'll be selling it or if its totaled and getting a Turbo Cobalt. Ive never had a 2 door and its american the motor is also very solid and with the stage 2 coming out soon it should be at 300hp which will be putting out the power my ms3 was. I did like having a ton of space though..... I was taking my ms3 to the cities for a last dealer visit too and my friend said I could test drive his TC cobalt...ugh!! ruined the weekend :/
wyatt89

Post by wyatt89 »

Wow, that did some damage...let us know what insurance says...
'04 lava GTSRI, Progress rear sway bar, Infinity reference backs, components in the front, Infinity Kappa 124.7w sub, Alphasonik 600rms@2ohms for the sub, alpine head unit, worst paint ever!
AKLGT

Re: (bodhi_tree777)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by bodhi_tree777 »was thinking the same thing, i'm up to 2.71 for premium here. Really hope you're okay, man. Sorry to see the car beat up, but that's not all that important in the grand scheme.yep, about the same here too.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
808 Vibes

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by 808 Vibes »

when I last went on 5/20, 92 was $2.79 but our gas tax going up again another 9 cents a gallon again soon
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

oh yeah gas is 2.29 for 87 but I get 91 and it was about 2.50.man this sucks not having a car! I couldnt go grocery shopping or get myself to the disc golf course I've been calling all my friends, hate asking for stuff but...at least they help me in need.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

shouldn't her insurance co put you in a loaner or rental car??
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ou.grizzly

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »shouldn't her insurance co put you in a loaner or rental car??For one to get a Rental Vehicle, one would need to have rental coverage on their insurance policy. It is not work the other way around. Now, some collision shops do give out loaner vehicles, but that depends on the shop; that agreement is usually between the policy holder of the car being fixed.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Wow!! Glad to read that you are ok. Sorry this had to happen to you.I owned an 05 SC/SS Cobalt and it was awesome!!! If you get the new Turbo one you are going to have a blast in it too. Aside from the obvious horsepower gains, I'm sure they had a lot more refinements to it over the years.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

My policy does not cover rental car. But the accident was her fault so her insurance will cover the car, but the claim has to go through. My boss and owner at BGR let me borrow his 300c today so I can get to work tomorrow. Tuesday I will call enterprise again and see if her claim came through and get my rental car, paid for by her. wolfman - yeah I like the instant torq on the SC SS's, my bff has one with stage 2. sucker pulls. The TC SS has all the same stuff but no heated seats . Stage 2 for TC should be out this summer putting it at about what my modded ms3 was at power wise. But the upgraded axels and suspension will be awesome (TC was tuned more on the "ring")
damronjr

Re: (northvibe)

Post by damronjr »

Stage 2 is for the CSS only or the whole LNF line? As far as I knew the Stage 1 wasn't even good for the Cobalt, only the HHR, Sky, and Solstice.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

That sucks. I'm glad you are ok though. Good luck!
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »Stage 2 is for the CSS only or the whole LNF line? As far as I knew the Stage 1 wasn't even good for the Cobalt, only the HHR, Sky, and Solstice.Its the CSS only I think. The cobalt ss stage 2 is said to be more aggressive than the other cars and they are having issues with the stock airbox not allowing enough air in. It was then rumored to be coming with a air intake. But it keeps getting delayed and at the cobalt meet at CED the GM engineer wouldnt talk much haha. I thought they said 300hp and torq so it would be at around my modded ms3 which would be amazingly cool. the stage kit is like 600-700+ though.
bull77

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »That sucks. I'm glad you are ok though. Good luck!+1 -- Hope everything works out..bum rides from friends until the ford hits the states
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

haha I'd love to have a RS heck id buy a total beater, until then if it was confirmed to be coming. But the more I think about it the more I feel it wont come...I hope I get proven wrong but... I'd get a RS no matter what if it did!My boss at the gaming store let me borrow his 300c, full tint (dark) and 22"'s haha Gangsta riding duluth!! I got a pic..

Attached files
bull77

Post by bull77 »

Nice --- gangsta stylei've driven the 300c --- love the power of the Hemi
Tubaryan12

Re: (bull77)

Post by Tubaryan12 »

About the Chrysler 300:If that car didn't suck down so much fuel (and the fact that it is a Chrysler) I would have purchased one when I replaced the Vibe. For a quick moment, I actually considered buying a Dodge Magnum. Then I came to my senses. Very nice rides! Other consideration is that I wanted a new car and new 300's / Magnums are out of my price range.
ex Vibe: 2005 Abyss 2 tone base, auto, power package (33.24 mpg combined)2008 Kia Rondo EX V6 7 passenger Volcanic Red w/ tan cloth interior (26.7 mpg combined) Finally got 30 mpg combined on the Rondo V-6 (10.24.09) Smith Driving
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Yeah its got the 5.7l hemi. I sit in the car turn the key and the seat and steering wheel move, freaks me out. Its a nice drive, but the big rims make you feel all the bumps (like a lowered car). I dislike chysler products but its actually a nice car. some of the rubber trim on the outside is pealing but I think its parked outside all the time and its from florida. tomorrow I go to enterprise and get a rental paid for by the other ladies insurance, prolly be a altima though :/
Mrizzle05

Post by Mrizzle05 »

hey man just saw this... im glad your ok and sucks bout the speed 3. the TC CSS are pretty nice... but the body looks just like every other base cobalt. which makes em look kinda plain and boring.
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »Its the CSS only I think. The cobalt ss stage 2 is said to be more aggressive than the other cars and they are having issues with the stock airbox not allowing enough air in. It was then rumored to be coming with a air intake. But it keeps getting delayed and at the cobalt meet at CED the GM engineer wouldnt talk much haha. I thought they said 300hp and torq so it would be at around my modded ms3 which would be amazingly cool. the stage kit is like 600-700+ though.Te kit for the HHR, Sky, and Solstice was originally $650, but I got mine through Crate Engine Depot for $562 shipped. I thought I heard the CSS kit had been hitting delays, and with the way things are going I wonder if they will even finish it, especially with the CSS being the first SS to go from the SS line they are shutting down!
Whelan

Post by Whelan »

Glad your ok, sucks about the MS3. FYI Gas in CT is $2.50 a gallon for 87. But that was before the Mem weekend. I racked up 200 miles in going camping.But for the car, it took the beating for you. The soreness will fade after a day or so. It is caused because your muscles did a quick tense before the crach happened and in doing so made them go into shock a bit. Kinda like doing a full body workout after not touching a weight for 5 years. For the money you should check into getting coverage on your own policy for rental. As long as it's not your fault you pay nothing. I have Progressive and when I get crashed, I go to the Progressive Concierge Center, pull up, sign a paper, walk to the other side and get into my rental and drive off. Car is fixed within one to two weeks and I bring my rental back to Progressive and trade off. Very easy and after over 8 years with them, still love the service.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »prolly be a altima though :/Sure it's not going to be another Caliber? I know how much you liked that car. Wish I still had the picture of it... oh, and BTW glad you are ok.
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
BlueCrush

Re: (Kamikaze)

Post by BlueCrush »

Caliber(in your favorite color)...FTW...hahahaha

Attached files
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »Te kit for the HHR, Sky, and Solstice was originally $650, but I got mine through Crate Engine Depot for $562 shipped. I thought I heard the CSS kit had been hitting delays, and with the way things are going I wonder if they will even finish it, especially with the CSS being the first SS to go from the SS line they are shutting down!Yeah CED ftw! tom has the best prices. You know the SS sedan and HHR were the first cut. The coupe CSS was not cut.If I get the SS the stage kit is a must of course I just wish they had a GMPP exhaust and intake :/Quote, originally posted by Whelan »Glad your ok, sucks about the MS3. FYI Gas in CT is $2.50 a gallon for 87. But that was before the Mem weekend. I racked up 200 miles in going camping.But for the car, it took the beating for you. The soreness will fade after a day or so. It is caused because your muscles did a quick tense before the crach happened and in doing so made them go into shock a bit. Kinda like doing a full body workout after not touching a weight for 5 years. For the money you should check into getting coverage on your own policy for rental. As long as it's not your fault you pay nothing. I have Progressive and when I get crashed, I go to the Progressive Concierge Center, pull up, sign a paper, walk to the other side and get into my rental and drive off. Car is fixed within one to two weeks and I bring my rental back to Progressive and trade off. Very easy and after over 8 years with them, still love the service.Yeah the headache went away sunday and the backache by saturday night. I worked out friday and saturday still. I think being in shape helps a ton so you have stronger muscles to cope with such harsh force being put on them. I will look into how much rental is on my insurance, but hers will cover it once the claim is done which should be today. Gangsta riding the 300c isnt to bad I just hate borrowing friends cars Quote, originally posted by Kamikaze »Sure it's not going to be another Caliber? I know how much you liked that car. Wish I still had the picture of it... oh, and BTW glad you are ok. How could you even joke about a caliber haha I wouldnt touch a srt4 if even you bought it for me they are going cheap though.... but I need a real track car
northvibe

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Caliber(in your favorite color)...FTW...hahahahahahah brian your so mean!! you guys totally dug that car. I know some of you thought about trading up to a caliber after that meet
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

I recall a hood latch incident... you know where you pop the hood and then slide the latch to open the hood... Took you like 2 days before you figured it out....my suggestion to you on whatever car you get as your loaner check to see if there's a how to... for openning the hood before attempting to open it!
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Well I found the 300c one in about 30 seconds :s hahah you know brian had practice before hand....cheater
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »Yeah CED ftw! tom has the best prices. You know the SS sedan and HHR were the first cut. The coupe CSS was not cut.If I get the SS the stage kit is a must of course I just wish they had a GMPP exhaust and intake :/Hmm, that's not what I read. I read the CCS Sedan was going first, and the HHR Panel, then the coupe, but the HHR SS sedan was going to run through it's full course until the end of 2010. Either way, GET ONE! The new wheels on the CSS' are nice! I was trying to trade for a set, but couldn't get anyone to jump on it.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »Hmm, that's not what I read. I read the CCS Sedan was going first, and the HHR Panel, then the coupe, but the HHR SS sedan was going to run through it's full course until the end of 2010. Either way, GET ONE! The new wheels on the CSS' are nice! I was trying to trade for a set, but couldn't get anyone to jump on it.Ah I think your right. But idk if any SS's for 2010 will be out. Prolly just 2009's may be the last ones. I hope the stage kit didnt get axed
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe » I hope the stage kit didnt get axed That would def. suck!
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

ohhh freaking lame. the one shop called said without removing the bumper and headlights its only 5k worth of damage.... that sounds hella low.
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

hmm... if there isn't anything wrong with the motor then maybe.. but I think the radiator needed to be replaced, and if there's a intercooler there... probably that too, and an AC condenser...hmm... Fenders, bumper, headlights, hood, tires/ wheel..I'd say the cosmetics alone would be $3000-$3500, then the radiator ect probably another $1500 - $2k... I'd say $5k at a minimum.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

well they said they'd call yesterday and didnt....I got my rental ford focus today (new 4 door sedan w/ 2.0L auto) man I love this car. I drove to ely today (235 miles round trip) and as I hit the outskirts of Ely I had 40.1mpg. When I get back to Duluth I will fill it up and calculate the mpg but it should be right around there. it should be no lower than 35hwy though. Great for a auto even has a aux for my books on ipod.
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »...I got my rental ford focus today (new 4 door sedan w/ 2.0L auto) man I love this car... yeah i do pray we get the rs though... that is suweet.in fact, when i saw this article, i thought damn! parnell got one!!!!! http://jalopnik.com/5239197/20...-soil
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
northvibe

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »yeah i do pray we get the rs though... that is suweet.in fact, when i saw this article, i thought damn! parnell got one!!!!! http://jalopnik.com/5239197/20...-soilhahha, well ford confirmed the US will NOT get the current RS. But they did mention a bit back that the new global focus platform RS could see the US. Soo in the meantime I shall pay off my car like crazy
Kamikaze

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by Kamikaze »

HOLY CRAP FORD DOES still make good looking cars!275HP! HOLY CRAP FORD DOES still make high HP little cars!here's what I don't get... WHY?????????WHY???????????????????does an AMERICAN company NOT give their AMERICAN'S the car they want? They'll glady send it out to Europe, but (removed)? why not us? Look at the Japenese market, they produced quite a few cars that we could only drool over... and finally we are getting some of them.
northvibe

Re: (Kamikaze)

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Kamikaze »HOLY CRAP FORD DOES still make good looking cars!275HP! HOLY CRAP FORD DOES still make high HP little cars!here's what I don't get... WHY?????????WHY???????????????????does an AMERICAN company NOT give their AMERICAN'S the car they want? They'll glady send it out to Europe, but (removed)? why not us? Look at the Japenese market, they produced quite a few cars that we could only drool over... and finally we are getting some of them.actually 305hp and 325torq car is wicked. They arent bringing that RS over, its been confirmed. They said it would be too hard to convert it to US standards. They did say the new global focus platform will/may have a RS and it could then be made in the US.So the estimate is like 9.5K in damage. everything from the engine forward , side skirt, apillar and bpv need to be fixed.
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

Damn dude. Are they going to total it out?someone could have an awesome go-kart motor.