RagingPHOTOS Upgrades Today

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
ragingfish

RagingPHOTOS Upgrades Today

Post by ragingfish »

As we all know, I am a pic (removed), and because of that, I am posting this announcement.I am upgrading my gallery software installation on my photo server today. During this period, there may be missing images in any thread I have posted pictures in. Kindly do not bombard me with PMs letting me know that I have redX-itis in any threads. I am aware of it already. I realize any image outages may impact a sizable number of threads on here, but it's a small price to pay for me to finally have my gallery install operating properly again.I do not anticipate this to last more than a couple of hours.Thanks in advance for your cooperation!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
NascarXprt

Re: RagingPHOTOS Upgrades Today (ragingfish)

Post by NascarXprt »

hey raging, some of your pics have red x's on them well its good to know that your pics are here to stay and are not lost in the internet.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

story of my life, hitting a lot of glitches with my upgrade, photos will be out for another 24-48 hours.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
keithvibe

Re: RagingPHOTOS Upgrades Today (NascarXprt)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by NascarXprt »hey raging, some of your pics have red x's on them well its good to know that your pics are here to stay and are not lost in the internet.HAHA you beat me to that reply
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

[update]massive chaos has ensued, and my servers are *still* down. at this point i have no estimated time of recovery from this blowup. i will have it back up. when is the question, though.[/update]

2009 PONTIAC G8
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

It's been almost a month since my server went down for upgrades. To this date, I've STILL not managed to get it up and running again.I've thrown in the towel on Gallery - the software I use to manage my photos, and am currently awaiting some feedback from a computer "expert" over on G6Performance.com as to what software I can switch over to so that I can get my friggen servers back up and running. I'm *hoping* to have new software up and running, and my photos back online, by the end of this week. Stay tuned!

2009 PONTIAC G8
psiu

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by psiu »

Is this a server at home, or do you have a hosting account?Either way....shouldn't you be able to wipe clean and start a fresh clean install? Or are you trying to keep the data (pics) intact and not have to reload them all?Just wondering.