brake ? (non vibe) need some help

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Raivis

brake ? (non vibe) need some help

Post by Raivis »

my sis-in-law has an 84 dodge mini ram caravan. she said she needs a "brake distribution box". what could she be talking about. i have searched the internet and i can't find that for any car. i thought she might be talking about the booster but her friend says thats what it is called.i know someone will give me some info. thats y i love genvibe!!!
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
keithvibe

Re: brake ? (non vibe) need some help (Raivis)

Post by keithvibe »

does the van have a tow hitch, and do they tow? I know with larger trailers, the tow car/truck needs a brake distribution box so it applys the brakes evenly when your towing.ordid they say Block.. and you though they said box?On most cars the break distribution block it's simply a place where all the brake lines come together.Something like this:or like this
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Raivis

Re: brake ? (keithvibe)

Post by Raivis »

ok she first told me box but now is saying block. problem is i can't find one for her van. anyone help me??? 84 dodge mini ram (caravan) 2.2L
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
keithvibe

Re: brake ? (Raivis)

Post by keithvibe »

what model basele sewhat engine2.2 or 2.6what is her symptoms? does she have brakes but as she sits at a stop sign or stop light does the peddal go to the floor as she sits there if so it's the master cylinder.The person who did the inspection and found the faulty part should have pointed it out to her so she could have told you were it is and what it is... I would bet that she miss heard him or he is not the best person when telling someone what's wrong with their car and called it by the wrong name.Can you find out what symptoms she has and report back?
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.