Best Buy rocks! :)

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
808 Vibes

Best Buy rocks! :)

Post by 808 Vibes »

I bought an external disk drive (reader/burner) for my Aspire One, installed the software, played a disk, and it sounded like it wasn't reading the disk (?) it paused while playing and just froze. So I packed everything back in the box and planned to take it back to Best Buy after work, since today was the only day I could exchange it, when I noticed I forgot the receipt at home (stress=insomnia.) I did have my Best Buy card in my wallet, so figured MAYBE they could exchange it with that? They were able to verify that I bought it on Friday oh happy happy joy joy. I'm definetely going to buy my new flatpanel TV from them and maybe vacuum and dishwasher from them too!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
djkeev

Re: Best Buy rocks! :) (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by djkeev »

Well, this big box chain store must have a whole different attitude in your laid back land than they do here on the Eastern Seaboard of the USA!I try not to purchase from Best Buy because IF I do need to return something, they seem to take joy in making your life a living hell, even with the original receipt in hand! This statement is based on more than just one return. I once brought back an unopened, factory sealed item back to them, as original as original can be, and they ripped off shrink warp wrapping, broke the factory tape seal and tore it open just because!! I guess they figured that I'd somehow magically removed the device inside?!?!? They went from having a 100% resalable item to marked down used unit instantly!! I was a little baffled to say the least!Anyway, they've outlasted Circuit City!!Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

I've always had a good experience with BestBuy. Now with their credit card, that's another story. I loathe HSBC card services and Home Mortgages, but that's another topic.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
Whelan

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by Whelan »

They are not so bad in CT, although if you do try to return something, they will give you looks like the receipt you gave them was just printed at your house.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

Glad you had great service. I cannot complain about the service I've received at my local Best Buy as well. Never had a problem with a purchase.Future Shop (which Best Buy owns) on the other hand is for me!
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

Baltovibe

Post by Baltovibe »

Horror stories abound for BestBuy. Check out this.And, did you hear about Dominos Pizza?
That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse.(Romans 1:19-20)&nbspWhat do you want most in life?
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

LOL. I know most of the managers in our BB. it's also located next door to my store in the mall as well... so we all get bored and like to chit chat. I'm in there a lot (trying not to be the past few months). I've purchased almost all my computers, peripherals (5 monitors), 2 HDTV's in the past 18 mos, surround sound systems, HDTV projector, etc not to mention all my store items there. I get some great deals, honorary employee pricing. So, if you go in and look at buying a TV or what not, make sure you talk to someone about a package deal, what kind of price can they give you. the mark up on those is crazy!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
808 Vibes

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by 808 Vibes »

They didn't give me a hard time when I returned the Epson printer because it wouldn't print pics and my business cards, so I spent almost double it's price and got my HP that does all that plus prints on disks Wolfman, I don't have their credit card (I haven't used my credit cards after my ReFi, and even shredded my Macy's store card because they charged me $25 fee for paying a bill ONE day late the last time I did) I have the Best Buy rewardzone card. My co-worker swears by their credit card though (he buys $2,000 lenses for his camera and likes their 'no-interest for a year' option LOL)
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
KNINE

Re: (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by KNINE »

Dishwasher? That's what those two things on the end of your arms are for.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

i've never had any issues with best buy. done lots of returns too. not sure what stores in NJ the OP is having issues with...on a related note, a LOT of the nationwide chains offer credit card lookup for returns...i know for a fact BB, Target, and Lowe's all do. It's handy, and certainly makes it easier for me to pay with a card rather than cash, just in case i do lose the receipt.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Blueridge9

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by Blueridge9 »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »Dishwasher? That's what those two things on the end of your arms are for. Dishwasher? Delegate dishes..........that's what a BF or kids are for.
Blueridge9 2004 Base, 1.8L "The Vibe is a melding of muscular looks, ..utility & economy, sportiness & road-hugging tractability." -Road & Track Magazine Sept. 2008 Pictures: http://s278.photobucket.com/user/blueridge9/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AKLGT

Re: (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by HawaiiPontiacLover »They didn't give me a hard time when I returned the Epson printer because it wouldn't print pics and my business cards, so I spent almost double it's price and got my HP that does all that plus prints on disks Wolfman, I don't have their credit card (I haven't used my credit cards after my ReFi, and even shredded my Macy's store card because they charged me $25 fee for paying a bill ONE day late the last time I did) I have the Best Buy rewardzone card. My co-worker swears by their credit card though (he buys $2,000 lenses for his camera and likes their 'no-interest for a year' option LOL)LOL. Best buy LOVES me. Seriously, they do. And I have a BB card, but don't really use it much. I hate using cc, just my check cards only/preferably.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
808 Vibes

Re: (Blueridge9)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »Dishwasher? That's what those two things on the end of your arms are for. Be my guest. I work 2 jobs, have a business and adding a second. Don't need to be scrubbing no stinking dishes. Quote, originally posted by Blueridge9 »Dishwasher? Delegate dishes..........that's what a BF or kids are for. Oh I did not know that. And here I was thinking that those only knew how to stay home and take naps, watch TV and search for crap on the internet while I was out working 12 hour days and surviving traffic to do it.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~