Weirdest thing no GenViber knew about you (until now)

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Caretaker

Weirdest thing no GenViber knew about you (until now)

Post by Caretaker »

I teach a "Leadership Lessons from Star Trek" course for my organization. Could you tell from my pen name?
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

I had an identical twin brother that was stillborn.... I still wonder quite often which geans I got
NascarXprt

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by NascarXprt »

huge transformers, Simpsons Nut, and if no one can guess a HUGE NASCAR Fan! hince the screen name with the occasional Godzilla or Gamera thrown in as well as an on/off Hot Wheels collector.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
ramenboy...

Re: Weirdest thing no GenViber knew about you (Caretaker)

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by Caretaker »I teach a "Leadership Lessons from Star Trek" course for my organization. Could you tell from my pen name?cool. do you use this as your text book?http://www.thinkgeek.com/books/humor/aa88/?cpg=ab
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
Caretaker

Re: Weirdest thing no GenViber knew about you (ramenboy...)

Post by Caretaker »

He, he....no, but Shatner did appear in one of the greatest episodes illustrating 'leadership styles and behavior': Galileo SevenCome on people: only 3 Vibe-sters will confess their inner personalities???
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

I'm 27 and still love to watch Nickelodeon and Disney channel. Plus the all time greats of Simpsons and Family Guy.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
Sputnik

Re:

Post by Sputnik »

I know how to fire large artillery.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
bodhi_tree777

Re: Re: (Sputnik)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

well as long as we're talking Shatner..weird fact about me, I thought his "Has Been" album was one of the best records I've heard in years. Seriously.
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

Hmm. I'll give a few1) I am 172) I like to sing... very loudly... when I'm driving, regardless of who is in the car3) I trick my mind to make me think my car is fast4) I am going to Antonelli School of Art and Photography next year for graphic design.
GoodVibErations2004

Post by GoodVibErations2004 »

I am a part time stalker.... full time weirdo........ j/k. or am I?
GoodVibErations2004 2004 Neptune AWD ^^^^^^^^^^^My Genvibe Garage^^^^^^^^^^^
tribalman

Re: (GoodVibErations2004)

Post by tribalman »

i have waaaaaaaaayyyyyy to many expensive hobbies. paintball, video gaming on many platforms, photography(35mm is the stuff!!), warhammer 40k. i love sci fi (or should i say syfy haha) such as BSG, stargate, star wars, various animes, and i'm a huge pokemon fan. i am totally looking forward to march 22nd when the new game comes out. oh yeah, i like to cosplay a pokemon trainer at the anime cons i go to.
None. Vibe is gone.
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

Well... I am 22 years old, I am a singer/songwriter/guitarist, I love Star Trek the Next Generation, and I have every Alien and Predator figure McFarelane Toys has produced. Oh yeah, and both my girlfriend and I are both extra-super sexy.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

My newest passion is guns. The concentration to take out a target at 30yards with a hand gun is simply fantastic. Every problem in the world you might be thinking about will melt away.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
bodhi_tree777

Re: Weirdest thing no GenViber knew about you (keithvibe)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

interesting fact about me..when I was 13, I was very nearly prosecuted for international telecommunications fraud. Wanna-be hacker days of my youth, what can I say? My dad took my modem away . I learned an expensive lesson and my dad still reminds me to this day that it is the only blip on his otherwise stellar credit report .
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
bull77

Post by bull77 »

I've watched every season on (removed) in the City...and the movie
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

I'm allergic to dogs. Ironic, huh?
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Kamikaze

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by Kamikaze »

I'm obsessed with Ferrari, so much that I named my son after Enzo Ferrari (the man, not the car)I collect model trains, and have for 25 years. Mainly HO trains, currently Duluth Missabe & Iron Range, with DCC and sound.I also have American Flyer which is better than Lionel (IMO).
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
PHXLavaVibe

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

Well now, let me think a moment...1. I am a special effects make up artist2. I am a huge fan of blood and guts type movies3. I have a very nice collection of (fake) skulls and grim reaper figurines.4. My home is pretty much decorated for halloween year round.5. I have an overwhelming desire to fly, whether it's in a private plane, fighter jet, hang glider, sky diving, or like super man.6. I am the black sheep of my entire family7. I am also an unpublished Fiction writer...the ideas and stories in my head could quite possibly make Stephen King cringe8. My wife and I witnessed a man die from a horrible bicycle accident right in front of our eyes...very tramatic...there was nothing emergency crews could do...Thus we are huge supporters of bicycle helmets!!! Oh, yeah...this also just happened to occur on my wifes birthday.9. I feel very little pain in my forearms which has been tested by several people with needles, knives, magnifying glasses, and fire.10. I despise stupid people who cannot think for themselves and use religion as a crutch for everything.
2006 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER Overall...an amazing vehicle for my family and lifestyle!!! Thanks everyone for allowing me to stay on GENVIBE SPECIAL THANKS TO KAMIKAZE FOR THE NEW SIGNATURE
Sublimewind

Re: Weirdest thing no GenViber knew about you (PHXLavaVibe)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by PHXLavaVibe »Well now, let me think a moment...1. I am a special effects make up artist2. I am a huge fan of blood and guts type movies3. I have a very nice collection of (fake) skulls and grim reaper figurines.4. My home is pretty much decorated for halloween year round.5. I have an overwhelming desire to fly, whether it's in a private plane, fighter jet, hang glider, sky diving, or like super man.6. I am the black sheep of my entire family7. I am also an unpublished Fiction writer...the ideas and stories in my head could quite possibly make Stephen King cringe8. My wife and I witnessed a man die from a horrible bicycle accident right in front of our eyes...very tramatic...there was nothing emergency crews could do...Thus we are huge supporters of bicycle helmets!!! Oh, yeah...this also just happened to occur on my wifes birthday.9. I feel very little pain in my forearms which has been tested by several people with needles, knives, magnifying glasses, and fire.10. I despise stupid people who cannot think for themselves and use religion as a crutch for everything.And you can't spell vinyl in your sig... lol... but seriously, i'd like to see your house... sounds like my kinda place.. !
ClunkClunk

Post by ClunkClunk »

My office is filled with Star Wars and Indiana Jones LEGO sets. I think there's 25 sets or so.
2008 Frosty two tone (and 3 other Vibes)
808 Vibes

Re: (ClunkClunk)

Post by 808 Vibes »

I was the runt of the litter. I was almost premature, and breech. The Army hospital made my mom deliver that way...no c-section, no drugs.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
Kari

Post by Kari »

I am the mad crazy coupon lady...I save more than I spend when I go to the grocery store. I am one of those people who has the huge stacks of coupons when she comes to the checkout and takes full advantage of that free money. We eat well and our pantry is stuffed full and overflowing because I stockpile when things are on sale and I have a coupon. We have 12 boxes of name-brand cereal at the moment and none cost more than $1.50 a box. Most were $1 or $1.25.I also currently have 26 cans of Del Monte diced tomatoes that I got for FREE with coupons.
GenVibe Global Moderator
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Here we go, I'm 29, watch cartoons daily with my kid, or without, play video games on my 360 and PS3, mostly racing and RPG, love dragons and everything medieval, especially Renaissance Faires, lightly collect comics and comic cards still today, love art, but mainly new stuff from people like Luis Royo, Joseph Michael Linsner, Adam Hughes, listen to everything but country, from classic rock, 80s, 90s, techno, spa/easy listening music, stuff like Enya, Moulin Rouge soundtracks (probably 1 of my favorites, and I do try to sing with it, and think I sound good! lol), Evanescence, Moby, Coldplay, dirty south and west coast rap, some light metal and alternative, and to top it all off, my favorite movies include:Moulin RougeLabyrinthNeverending StoryPete's Dragonjust about anything with Jet Liany movie mainly about cars (yes, F&F, I will be getting the Blu-Ray 3 pack next week, and watching 4 when it comes out)
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Caretaker

Re: Weirdest thing no GenViber knew about you (PHXLavaVibe)

Post by Caretaker »

---- I am a special effects make up artist ------Now I know where to go if I ever want to teach my Star Trek Leadership class in a Borg outfit. ----- our pantry is stuffed full and overflowing because I stockpile when things are on sale ----Now I know where to go when the civil defense sirens go off and we need to shelter in place!! Thanks Kari and PHXLavaVibe!
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by Caretaker »---- I am a special effects make up artist ------Now I know where to go if I ever want to teach my Star Trek Leadership class in a Borg outfit. ----- our pantry is stuffed full and overflowing because I stockpile when things are on sale ----Now I know where to go when the civil defense sirens go off and we need to shelter in place!! Thanks Kari and PHXLavaVibe!Me thinks they will make salsa. You might have to bring the tortilla chips though.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
esjones

Re: (bull77)

Post by esjones »

Quote, originally posted by bull77 »I've watched every season on (removed) in the City...and the movie Dear God! Have you started having periods?
- Earl Earl Jones, Sales and MarketingHorizon Systems LLChttp://www.horizonsystems.com/ Skype ID: esjonesMy Vibe: '03 Base, 5-speed, ABS, Alum. Wheels, Power Pkg, DVD Nav., Security, Neptune/Graphite
NascarXprt

Re: (esjones)

Post by NascarXprt »

also some that have meet me have seen me listening to rock or hard rock, but i grew up on country and still listen to it today!
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
808 Vibes

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by NascarXprt »also some that have meet me have seen me listening to rock or hard rock, but i grew up on country and still listen to it today!That's not weird enough for us LOL.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
hskater26

Post by hskater26 »

i like a few taylor swift songs :/and my gf beats me at every video game we playincluding formula 1 go kart racing
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
silver_vibe

Re: (hskater26)

Post by silver_vibe »

I think I am OCD. I think I am OCD. I think I am OCD. I think I am OCD...
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

I can snap my toes; like how people snap their fingers.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
star_deceiver

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by star_deceiver »

I'm a huge Black/Death metal fan, have made many a road trip and it would not be uncommon for me to drive over 8 hours to see a show!!! ....but I've also been to two Backstreet boys concerts....for the Wife.
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
808 Vibes

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »I can snap my toes; like how people snap their fingers. Freak. LOLQuote, originally posted by star_deceiver »I've also been to two Backstreet boys concerts....for the Wife.Liar. j/k
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

WOW! Last post of 2009, 03/21.First post of 2010, 03/07.Now that's kinda' weird, dontcha'think?Bringing back the dead-threads.1) Bugs Bunny is my all-time favorite cartoon hero.2) I moved to Austin to find the ghost of Stevie Ray Vaughan... still looking, and its getting harder.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
Herb

Post by Herb »

I occasionally "act out", (ie: facial expresseions), to radio commercials while I'm driving to entertain myself...I still collect G1 and G1 inspired Transformers

Attached files
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
lovemyraffe

Re: (Herb)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Where to begin...I am a huge Star Wars geek. I have almost every Star Wars Lego set (and my wife still loves me). Although I feel like I have a decent knowledge of cars, I have only had experience working on them and understanding them for about 3 years now.Maybe more later.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
Wolfman213

Re: (Herb)

Post by Wolfman213 »

G! insprired Transformers such as the knock-offs like Go-Bots or what?
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
Herb

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by Wolfman213 »G! insprired Transformers such as the knock-offs like Go-Bots or what?Well G1 inspired such as the Classics, BinalTech/Alternators, DeviceLabel, MusicLabel, and Masterpiece lines as well as the reissues. Also 3rd party accessoriesNot really crazy about the knockoffs due to quality, but I do have a few
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

...I actually wrote and submitted a "StarTrek" suggestion to Desilu studios which was good enough for them to send me back a "StarTrek Writers' Guidebook" instead of simply brushing me off!...No, I don't have it anymore--I gave it as a gift to a friend of mine who was also an avid StarTrek "trekkie."
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

I'm almost 20 years old and still watch Disney Channel... Its the truth..
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

I am the biggest John Mayer fan you will find. Although people may disagree with some of his "antics", no one can deny his incredible skills as a guitarist. He is definitely on of the greats.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
ramenboy...

Re: (ajflan)

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by ajflan »I am the biggest John Mayer fan you will find. Although people may disagree with some of his "antics", no one can deny his incredible skills as a guitarist. He is definitely on of the greats. dude do you have the track of him doing 'wind cries mary?' rocks.
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
hskater26

Re: (09vGT)

Post by hskater26 »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »I'm almost 20 years old and still watch Disney Channel... Its the truth.. who doesnt. wizards of waverly place and the suite life FTW
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
tribalman

Re: (hskater26)

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by hskater26 »who doesnt. wizards of waverly place and the suite life FTWpfft. Phineas and Ferb is where it's at. they are the only ones who actually DO things. they promote engineering, creativity, mechanics. all the things i enjoy doing!oh, there you are perry.and plus, with songs like "Squirrels in my Pants" and this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEB981us7z4 it's the perfect show!
None. Vibe is gone.
ponta2147

Re: (tribalman)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »pfft. Phineas and Ferb is where it's at. they are the only ones who actually DO things. they promote engineering, creativity, mechanics. all the things i enjoy doing!oh, there you are perry.and plus, with songs like "Squirrels in my Pants" and this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEB981us7z4 it's the perfect show!I love "Squirrels in my Pants."
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
Wolfman213

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by Wolfman213 »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »I love "Squirrels in my Pants." +100Oh, she really did have a squirrel in her pants.
Kari

Post by Kari »

When I was in elementary school, I used to take construction paper "covers," fill them with typing paper and staple them together, and write and illustrate books. My first grade teacher (loved her, still do...she lives down the street from my grandparents and remembers me) noticed me doing this and nominated me to go to a Young Author's conference. That was so much fun! I got to meet the author of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever and get my copy autographed, plus I got a blank hardcover book to write my own book in. I wrote and illustrated a story in it about our English Setter pointing a fly. LOL
GenVibe Global Moderator
DeClerq

Re: (Kari)

Post by DeClerq »

This was my daily driver for 4 years. Has slightly more horsepower than the Vibe.
'09 Mazda5 Grand Touring'04 Vibe - M&T, Power Package, Protection Package
Whelan

Re: (DeClerq)

Post by Whelan »

I will be the first Matrix with LED taillights.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
Caretaker

Re: (DeClerq)

Post by Caretaker »

[QUOTE=DeClerq]This was my daily driver for 4 years. Has slightly more horsepower than the Vibe. [img]Yep, and just like the Vibe, it has excellent sudden acceleration