Give the gift of life

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
KNINE

Give the gift of life

Post by KNINE »

This weekend I gave blood at our church's blood drive, and I'm feeling pretty good about myself. I enjoy giving blood more than any monetary donation that I could ever give to our missions or a charity, because it's something very personal. It literally comes directly from my heart. I encourage everybody who is medically able to donate at your local Red Cross blood drive. I want you to feel as good as I do right now. It's a special, life saving gift. And don't let a fear of needles stop you. Thing about what the recipient is going through. Take care everybody.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

I would love to give Blood and Plasma.I am one of those people who are not allowed to donate. Quote, originally posted by Red Cross Website »You Are Not Eligible to Donate IF:You were a member of the of the U.S. military, a civilian military employee, or a dependent of a member of the U.S. military who spent a total time of 6 months on or associated with a military base in any of the following areas during the specified time frames * From 1980 through 1990 - Belgium, the Netherlands (Holland), or Germany * From 1980 through 1996 - Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Italy or Greece.For more on Eligibility guidelines:http://www.redcross.org/portal...fault
bodhi_tree777

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by zionzr2 »I would love to give Blood and Plasma.I am one of those people who are not allowed to donate. For more on Eligibility guidelines:http://www.redcross.org/portal...faultThe Germany restriction puts me out of the running as well. I lived in Germany for a year from 1980-81, with my parents, on a military base. I was an infant, but still..my tattoos put me out of the running too. They frown on that, generally. Sucks, too, because this is something I would love to do. Plus, you get a cookie.
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
KNINE

Re: (bodhi_tree777)

Post by KNINE »

I forgot to mention the cookies.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
BlueCrush

Re: Give the gift of life (K-NINE)

Post by BlueCrush »

"LIFE" is good. Our company has a blood drive a couple times a year.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

I gave plasma in college to pay for things.... but I'm having a hard time with needles... :/
Herb

Post by Herb »

After my valve replacement surgery last year, I now have to take Warfarin (rat poison) for the rest of my life, so now I can't give blood either anymore.
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
joholste

Re: (Herb)

Post by joholste »

yeah due to my recent deployment to iraq i am disqualified
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
nygiantzz1

Post by nygiantzz1 »

I lived in Germany in the 80's, so I'm disqualified too. I wonder when the red cross started that. I gave blood every 3-4 months while living in Germany. It was strongly encouraged by Army brass that everyone give blood as often as they could.
isaaclud

Post by isaaclud »

Thats funny, I've been a regular blood donor for a couple years now...I think I'm on the 2 gallon wall.The needles are something you just have to live with.It's better if you watch IMO, although if they dontfind a vein right away....you start getting frustrated...like..."Girl, gimme the DAMN NEEDLE...I'll find it myself!!"haha
PEACEISAAC
KNINE

Re: (isaaclud)

Post by KNINE »

I have big fat viens in my arm. Easy to hit. I fill that bag in no time.
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

I need to get back into it. My dad has been giving blood since he was in his teens I believe. He always gives within on week of when he can give again. He's received pins for the amount he has given as far as milestones go.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
GoodVibErations2004

Post by GoodVibErations2004 »

I like to do the double red donation. they take out a pint, filter it through a machine tha seperates the plasma out, give the plasma back to you, and repeat a second time. tice the amount of red blood cells. and it makes you less woozy becaus you get your plasma back
GoodVibErations2004 2004 Neptune AWD ^^^^^^^^^^^My Genvibe Garage^^^^^^^^^^^
vibebob

Re: (northvibe)

Post by vibebob »

I am on the can't donate list too, stationed in England from 78-80 and again from 84-88. mad cow worries, you'd think that after 21 years I'd either be a raving looney or dead but I am in perfect health. I guess I could lie about it, but that isn't me
no longer a vibe owner"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." Albert Einstein.