TMOBILE to offer unlimited voice for $49/month

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
gr8vibe

TMOBILE to offer unlimited voice for $49/month

Post by gr8vibe »

Yep! It's true! I live here in the SF Bay Area in CA and they are launching a test promo in our market for the aforementioned deal!I jumped on it like me on Angelina Jolie!If it sells/goes well, the national roll-out is slated for March 1st, 2009So all yall TMO subscribers better jump on this, coupled with a grandfathered text msg plan and data, eat your heart out SPRINT, VZW and ATT.
2009 Honda CR-V EX Alabaster Silver------------------------------------------AIM- iRichard360------------------------------------------myspace- myspace.com/richard05
BlueCrush

Re: TMOBILE to offer unlimited voice for $49/month (gr8vibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

Boost Mobile is offering a better deal: http://www.boostmobile.com/$50/mo for Unlimited nationwide Voice, texting, Web & Walkie-Talkie.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

But Brian did you read their contract for boostmobile?WOW they really can f you over..."Text to 3rd parties to participate in promotions or other may result in add’l charges." not sure what to participate in promotions means.. though"Prices, rates, taxes and fees are subject to change. Boost reserves the right to modify, extend or cancel offers at any time. Other restrictions apply. Visit boostmobile.com for details.""UNLIMITED USE DOES NOT MEAN UNREASONABLE USE.""In addition, Boost Mobile services may not be used to send or receive unusually high numbers of messages or engage in atypical web usage behaviors. We will presume you are engaging in a Prohibited Use, in violation of these terms and conditions, if you are placing an abnormally high numbers of calls, or repeatedly placing calls of unusually long duration (as compared to other customers on the same service plans), or if your usage is harmful or disruptive to Boost Mobile’s systems or services. If we determine, at our sole discretion, that you are using an unlimited service in violation of the Boost Mobile General Terms and Conditions of Service, the Monthly Unlimited Terms of Service, or in any other manner that we deem to be unreasonable or excessive, then we may terminate individual calls, or, after providing notice to you, terminate your service, decline to renew your services, or offer you a different service plan with no unlimited usage components."so if they think you are over using your phone they can just cut you off. The issue I have is they dont give you a "too high of use" number just what they think is too high. Not saying its a bad deal, its a great deal. But they could change the price at any time which every plan from any carrier probably says, but the whole, unlimited isnt unlimited bugs me. If I used data every day all day they'd prolly ban me
BlueCrush

Re: (northvibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

Unlimited use should mean UNLIMITED USE...Period! However, for the normal user there shouldn't be any issues. If your that teenage girl who texts 25,000 times a month, then you might get your service terminated...lol.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Yes I agree i think most average users should be fine on it. I think if you were a business user they may question your use. They are lucky iphones dont work on their network Do you have this plan Brian? For anyone that wants a 1st phone or pays more than 50, this should be a awesome plan unless they change the price. great find!!! Now I need to see if that tmobile one works with family plans then my mom can stop yelling at me lolEDIT: AAHHHH see boostmobile does not offer smart phones or windows ce phones...so their data usage is very low. Best feature though is the walkie talkie. So yeah...still great service but no real "interenet" use phones.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

too bad T mobile has horrible coverage aroun dhere.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
BlueCrush

Re: (northvibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

No plan, just saw an ad for it yesterday. It would probably be good for older people who do not use all the fancy wing ding features...lol.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
breezd

Post by breezd »

wow, thats awesome. I'm payin about 100/mo. for my tmobile plan with only 700 min ($35/mo of that is for my G1 service). Granted I do have 2 lines.Looks like I'll be cancelling one of my lines and changing to this plan! Thats CHEAP!In regards to Boost Mobile, I had their service back when they first came out. All that boost is, is practically Nextel without a contract. They run off the same towers. And you can use the walkie-talkie between boost and nextel customers. $49 bucks for their plan is a killer deal (for those who don't want a contract)
THEN: 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT * Lowered * CAI * Sound SystemNOW: 2005 Infiniti FX35 RWD * Stock
breezd

Re: (13Vibe03)

Post by breezd »

Quote, originally posted by 13Vibe03 »What? I have 1000 minutes and only pay $38-39 a month after my a measly discount for having a government job.Plus I only paid $50 for a T-mobile Dash (HTC S620) smart phone back when they were $150 after rebates. Unsecured Wi-Fi is so easy to find these days!Well, I pay $59.99 for the Family Plan 700, Plus $34.99 for the G1 service (unlimited texts & 3G web), which totals out to be $94.98 (plus tax). So really when this does come to the Chicago area, I'll only be saving about $10, but I'll have unlimited minutes. Not that big of a deal since I don't go over the 700 ever, but 10 bucks is 10 bucks and it will be nice to have that piece of mind that I don't have to worry about going over minutes.
THEN: 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT * Lowered * CAI * Sound SystemNOW: 2005 Infiniti FX35 RWD * Stock