TV Commercials

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
zionzr2

TV Commercials

Post by zionzr2 »

What in sam hill do giraffes have to do with selling Throat medicine?How does a relationship between an Elephant and a Centepeid work?I'll have more later I'm sure...Or maybe....I just watch to much TV.
ColonelPanic

Re: TV Commercials (zionzr2)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Basically, the answer to all of these questions is "tv is the devil." And marketing firms spend millions on stupid commercials because they think we're all stupid.That was an odd pairing with the elephant and the centipede. I have to suspect that the mechanics of it are not possible. And all of the commercials for medication - sheesh, they ramble on for 2/3 of the commercial about side effects that are wose than the condition you're taking them for. And sometimes they tend to glorify things - look at the guy who needs Valtrex. He's out whitewater rafting with a hot lady friend, life is so happy and he even has a cool Jeep and adorable dog! It's like they're trying to say "catch this, take our medicne and your life will be so much better!"
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

In the Verizon commercial. Why are they discussing bad cell service in a car rental location?
ClunkClunk

Post by ClunkClunk »

I love my TiVo. I have no clue what any current commercials are.
2008 Frosty two tone (and 3 other Vibes)
vibebob

Re: (ClunkClunk)

Post by vibebob »

any commercial with Billy Mays in it, the guy is too loud even for commericals.Jack-n-the-box and McDonalds commericals, really stupidI agree with the medication commericals, the cure seems worse than the disease
no longer a vibe owner"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." Albert Einstein.
RDG25

Re: TV Commercials

Post by RDG25 »

Loved this commercial when I first got the 2003 Vibe, still have it. Actually for a GT. Really cool commercial that stuck with me all these years, with James Brown advertising a fast power cool car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxVBj-LeCjQ

Full James Brown song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqBFSAlB_ls
joatmon

Re: TV Commercials

Post by joatmon »

There's a commercial for GMC trucks and SUVs with The Who's "Eminence Front" as music. Seems odd trying to sell the luxury aspects of their vehicles to a song about phony people pretending to be more well off than they really are.