Awesome Christmas, but...

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Amtron

Awesome Christmas, but...

Post by Amtron »

I feel like venting right now about stupid people again...Such as my girlfriends mom! Here's a note to everyone.When you give your daughters boyfriend a verbal confirmation that you are NOT buying your daughter a hair straightener for christmas, and then he tells you "okay that's perfect, I'm going to go buy it for her RIGHT NOW", DON'T BUY IT FOR HER.I don't know about other people, but if someone said this to me, I wouldn't buy the damn gift, would you? Especially when the boyfriend gets stuck with store credit of $155.00 at a FREAKING NAIL SALON!!! FRIG!My girlfriend hasn't opened the gift yet, but she told me what she got and I didn't say anything. I'll just let her choose which one she wants (which will hopefulyl be mine since it's one of the best on the market...I o got it on sale, but it's normally $245), and give her mom a dirty look. I honestly didn't know some people were this blatently dumb....
18stars

Post by 18stars »

That's a shame....I wouldn't bother discussing presents with her mother again! But next year I suggest you go with presents of jewelry and lingerie .....leave the hair care products for her mom. Good luck and Merry Christmas!
__________________________________Current Vibe: 2007 Stealth
Amtron

Post by Amtron »

Haha she took care of buying the lingerie And I onyl got her the hair straightener as proof that I listen to her when she talks...I remember her talking about this back in September, and I even remembered what kind she wanted...That and I didn't know what else to get her since she doesn't wear jewelry and I already had bought some clothes for her.You know what I just realized? I think this was done intentionally because:1. Possibly her sister told her I wasn't getting her this. I told her sister that I was and her sister hates everyone and wishes misery on everything she comes into contact with. She told her mom something lately about my girlfriend and I that her mom did not need to know, and her telling her mom lies about xmas gifts could be another form of her trying to get rid of her jealousy.2. Her mom was mad at me about what her sister told her, and bought this to (removed) me off.As my drunken friend once told me about someone "There's salmon and crap that swim around, and then there's the halibut that eat off the ground: bottom feeders. And that's what this person is."
GenuineVibe

Post by GenuineVibe »

ahhh isn't family just wonderful.... Give her the straightener first before she gets her moms gift, that way she will most likely take yours moms gift back. Personaly if my boyfriend bought me something and my parents bought me the same thing i would keep what my boyfriend bought me. My mother in-law is even worse, if you tell her you are getting so and so "this" gift, she will go right up to so and so and tell them what we got them. Yet she doesn't seem to realize she does it. It drives us nuts, we can't tell her anything at all!!
Mrizzle05

Re: (Amtron)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

well my brother younger then me.... he wanted to be an Ahole this xmas. he got all pissy cuz i wasnt feeling good two weeks ago and went off on him cuz he was complainin no one lets him play xbox and some other bs... and he kept naggin me like i did something wrong.... well i went off. he got all but hurt.so i see him 4 days later and he gets all pissy and starts talkin ish and im like... you really cant let go of me being sick and frustrated?we shared choice words and he tried steppin up to me? im like... im not gonna fight you lame.welllll xmas day... (today) he 1. doesnt get me anything.... which i dont really care. 2. didnt accept my gift (like (removed)?) and 3. starts making stupid comments.Sooo i get to take his present back and save money now.. i hate when people cant let stupid stuff go and move on. ugh!
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

oh yes... family drama. thankfully, both mine and phil don't live here. we get to enjoy calling them all and wishing them well, while not dealing with it at the same time. It's AWESOME!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
kunkstyle

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by kunkstyle »

Ahhh. Present fun with the inlaws. I had a similar incident this year. Fortunately it was dealt with before christmas this year. Good luck! Hope you don't get stuck with the nail salon credit.
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
keithvibe

Re: (kunkstyle)

Post by keithvibe »

I guess I am a lucky guy. Not only did my mother in law buy the gift for my wife but discounted the price she had me pay her for the item. I didn't even need to go to the store and buy it. she did that for me too LOL
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
ou.grizzly

Re: Awesome Christmas, but... (Amtron)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Is the mom hot?
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

I'm thankful everyday that I don't have in laws (anymore)...though I used to get better presents from them than I did from the pathetic ex...
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
Amtron

Re: Awesome Christmas, but... (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by Amtron »

Quote, originally posted by HawaiiPontiacLover »I'm thankful everyday that I don't have in laws (anymore)...though I used to get better presents from them than I did from the pathetic ex... Rofl @ pathetic ex!! Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »Is the mom hot? Unfortunately no...Here's the rundown of what happened when I went over today:1. I give her the straightener.2. She says "another straightener!"3. I inform my girlfriend (Shannon) that I told her mom I was buying it. She tells me her dad bought it.4. Her mom walks in and says oh another one. In my head I'm like (removed)? She apparently thought I said "curling iron"... 5. Shannon seems hesitent as to which one to keep. she tells me she can use mine when she has time and she isn't in a rush, and the one her dad bought her in the morning if she's in a rush because "it heats up quickly"...I guess she missed the price tags. The one her dad bought her was $39.99 and the one I bought, with taxes (and marked down from $215.00) was $169.49. So I'm pretty sure the straightener I bought heats up MUCH faster than any Wal-Mart BS...6. Since she CLEARLY doesn't understand that this is a high quality professional straightener with a 2 year warranty, and the other will break in 5 months, I decide I will return it on her behalf and get my money back to buy something else. I don't want to say straight up to her face how much I spent on it because I was too offended by her taking the other one over mine and therefore she can have exactly what she wants: a piece of crap.7. I told her I hope it's not store credit. She said we can just get make-up or something. I said "yeah, A LOT of make-up."...she didn't catch on to that clue...8. I come home after calming down (and I will mention I didn't make a fuss or a scene in front of her, just made sure I gave a look of disappointment when she said "sorry"). I look at my receipt. On it it is written in pen that NO CASH BACK, and EXCHANGE ONLY. #6 is now useless. I get all this money at Trade Secrets, the cosmetics specialty store...9. (Tomorrow) We are going to return it together. I can't wait to see the look on Shannon's face when I MAKE SURE that she sees how much I forked out for her and which straightener she chose.10. Does anyone want some store credit?
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Here are some facts or advice for you Amtron, it is totally up to you what you do with the information.1. Price of the gift means nothing, the idea and thought of it is what matters usually.2. You are only dating this woman. As of right now she is your girlfriend. If there is any slim chance you are going to marry this woman, play nice with the parents. And if you think this situation is a big issue now, just wait if you ever get married. If the mother is bad now, just wait. 3. Hope your girlfriend's mom did not look like her daughter at her age, otherwise you know what they say.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
kunkstyle

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by kunkstyle »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »And if you think this situation is a big issue now, just wait if you ever get married. If the mother is bad now, just wait.ROTFL!
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by Amtron »Rofl @ pathetic ex!! And even that is an understatement. If you look up "pathetic" in the dictionary, his picture is there.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
ou.grizzly

Re: Awesome Christmas, but... (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by HawaiiPontiacLover »And even that is an understatement. If you look up "pathetic" in the dictionary, his picture is there. Was he the from the island?
AKLGT

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »Here are some facts or advice for you Amtron, it is totally up to you what you do with the information.1. Price of the gift means nothing, the idea and thought of it is what matters usually.2. You are only dating this woman. As of right now she is your girlfriend. If there is any slim chance you are going to marry this woman, play nice with the parents. And if you think this situation is a big issue now, just wait if you ever get married. If the mother is bad now, just wait. 3. Hope your girlfriend's mom did not look like her daughter at her age, otherwise you know what they say. +1and remember, you are DATING her, so her father's gift means more regadless of $$$$ spent on the same type item. She will always have her father, but not always you. if it's a serious relationship, then you need to understand that now, especially if she's a daddy's girl. you will always compete with him for her love and affection (not to mention comparison). good luck! LOL
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Amtron

Post by Amtron »

lol thanks for listening guys1I was just disappointed in her decision in the end.And yeah, I know it's nt my wife, which is something I realized after I took a look at how much I spent on her. It kept running through my mind "what if we're done in a week", you know?And you're right, it is the thought that counts, and she seemed to show she knew it was thoughtfull.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

ya, just remember: sometimes it's the little things that count more than the gift or $$$ on the gift itself.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
GenuineVibe

Post by GenuineVibe »

Take her with you when you return it and let her pick out some other things that she would like... If your upset then just be honest with her, but say if you want me to take it back i can, but why dont you come pick out some other things from the store that you would like since it is exhange only. Comprimise abit and everyone will be happy. My boyfriend bought me a ring for valentines, but i didn't really like the way it fit. So i told him that i wasn't to sure about this ring and we went back to the place he bought it from and exchanged it for one that i really really loved. In the end everyone was happy, I felt abit guilty for exchanging it but my b/f was happy that i found one i really liked. Its all about being honest.