tattoos..who's got 'em, let's see 'em

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
bodhi_tree777

tattoos..who's got 'em, let's see 'em

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

alright, definitely a field of interest for me, and I'm sure some of you have some work done. I've got a bunch, but no pics at the moment, so I'll get the ball rolling with a piece that I just did recently on a friend of mine.. let's see yours..
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
KNINE

Re: tattoos..who's got 'em, let's see 'em (bodhi_tree777)

Post by KNINE »

Nice work.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
808 Vibes

Re: tattoos..who's got 'em, let's see 'em (K-NINE)

Post by 808 Vibes »

I'm waiting on my aunt in Japan to send our mon (family crest) I will get that FIRST, probably for my birthday. I can't wait, though I know once I start, I'll become a tat addict
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
kunkstyle

Re: tattoos..who's got 'em, let's see 'em (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by kunkstyle »

I got one about 2-3 years ago. I'll post up some pics on the weekend. Been fighting off temptation to get a second... or third.
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
Amtron

Post by Amtron »

Hey that's great! I'm assuming you're a tattoo artist if you did that on a friend?
bodhi_tree777

Re: tattoos..who's got 'em, let's see 'em (Amtron)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

yup, I've been tattooing professionally for just over five years now, on and off. My wife and I just opened a private, appointment only studio (licensed, inspected, sterile, all of that good stuff) here in WV. Before this I worked in shops in PA and Ohio. And thank you, btw (and you too, k-nine).
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
Amtron

Post by Amtron »

That's great that you opened something up by yourself, lots of work, but way better than workin for the man.I've always wanted a tattoo, but I've never really thought of something I'd want to have for the rest of my life...one day I'll figure it out.
hskater26

Post by hskater26 »

heres my first and 2nd its my last name im 25% japanese
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
jwalcik

Post by jwalcik »

Here ya go: All of my work was done by an artist named Noska at Southside Tattoo in Austin, TX.
2005 vibe gt
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Terrible pic, I should get a new one... Heads Tattoo, Niagara Falls, Ontario, July 4th 1999IF I had a good pic, it would show that not a single detail is missing... and when it was fresh, the only difference between it and the album cover was the album was white and i'm flesh colored..
GoodVibErations2004

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by GoodVibErations2004 »

Drawn, designed, and created by me. Tattoo done by a friend of mine.Its a memorial tattoo for one of the most influential people in my life. My grandfather. RIP gramps
GoodVibErations2004 2004 Neptune AWD ^^^^^^^^^^^My Genvibe Garage^^^^^^^^^^^
bodhi_tree777

Re:

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

this is not a good photo, but I can't seem to find any clear photos of the work I wear..better pics to come.. this is me in upstate NY tattooing a good friend of mine. You can kind of see what I've got going on my left arm, which is the beginnings of this big underwater scene with my daughter wrestling with a giant octopus, shooting at him with a laser gun . On my upper arm is a big angler fish. most of my work is by a friend of mine, tony max, who works at No Regrets in memphis, tenn.
bodhi_tree777

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by Amtron »That's great that you opened something up by yourself, lots of work, but way better than workin for the man.I've always wanted a tattoo, but I've never really thought of something I'd want to have for the rest of my life...one day I'll figure it out.the first one is hard, because after that you just have the one, and whenever tattoos come up in conversation that is your point of reference. You want it to really mean something..after that, it becomes easier to get more frivolous things (like the carrot I've got on my left wrist, or the umbrella i've got on my right). i look at my tattoos more like little bookmarks in my life. I remember exactly where I was, who I was with, who did the tattoo, what was going on in my life at the time, even what kind of music was on and what the weather was like. They become nostalgic that way, and thinking of it like that really eliminates the whole regret factor.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

My first, came from a T-shirt:My second, came from a fortune cookie wrapper that I kept in my wallet for years before I got it done, done in Mazatlan, MX:My third, drawn by myself, also done in Mazatlan, MX, but on another visit:My last, and most stupid:
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
bodhi_tree777

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

the underside of my right forearm, courtesy of Tony Max.
bodhi_tree777

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

not so good photo of my left wrist (and the spoils of our garden )
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

i got a four leaf clover on my back No photos really of it.It's to show my Irish side lol
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Amtron

Re: Re: (bodhi_tree777)

Post by Amtron »

Quote, originally posted by bodhi_tree777 »You can kind of see what I've got going on my left arm, which is the beginnings of this big underwater scene with my daughter wrestling with a giant octopus, shooting at him with a laser gun . Not going to lie, that has to be the coolest tattoo I have ever heard of! And that is really cool what you are talking about with it being like a bookmark. I mean when most people get tats they have a meaning in only the tat itself, but to remember all of that stuff, i think, is really cool.
bodhi_tree777

Re: (damronjr)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »My last, and most stupid:Easy to cover up though, with a skilled artist. I've covered my share of names. trust me, this one's not so bad (imagine getting it on your neck). I can even recommend a good shop in San Diego, Ace Tattoo. 5058 1/2 Newport Ave, San Diego, CA 92107, (619) 222-5097. A good friend of mine who did a big phoenix/easter egg piece on my forearm worked there for a long time, though he's back in PA now. The rest of the artists there are top notch from what I recall.
bodhi_tree777

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

again, not mine but I worked on this piece for several hours last night and I'm pretty happy with it. Feedback is much appreciated!This is a cover-up, actually. Believe it or not there used to be a really bad superman "S" logo under the roots of that tree. If anyone's interested to see the progression of the cover-up I can post up a few earlier stages.
Amtron

Post by Amtron »

Quote, originally posted by bodhi_tree777 »again, not mine but I worked on this piece for several hours last night and I'm pretty happy with it. Feedback is much appreciated!That looks awesome! It's pretty creative, I like it
damronjr

Re: (bodhi_tree777)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by bodhi_tree777 »Easy to cover up though, with a skilled artist. I've covered my share of names. trust me, this one's not so bad (imagine getting it on your neck). I can even recommend a good shop in San Diego, Ace Tattoo. 5058 1/2 Newport Ave, San Diego, CA 92107, (619) 222-5097. A good friend of mine who did a big phoenix/easter egg piece on my forearm worked there for a long time, though he's back in PA now. The rest of the artists there are top notch from what I recall. LOL, yeah, that's what I figured, but we are still married, so it's fine for now, but if something happens, I know it won't be too big a deal to get covered.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
DarkSpork

Post by DarkSpork »

Not the smartest thing I've done. Skulls are pretty cliche.

Attached files
2003 Pontiac Vibe GT
bodhi_tree777

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

I know I posted one of these pics already, but I just threw these links together for a web site update and thought I'd share 'em. Kind of fun to watch the progression..cover-up in process..before and after..the original, done up special by one of the local "professional" shops..josh gave me carte blanche to do whatever I needed to do to make it go away.. first session:second sitting, all basic shading:third session, got most of the color done, still needs one more session I think:
bodhi_tree777

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

and I know some more of you have to have tattoos.. out with 'em
gr8vibe

Post by gr8vibe »

got in december 07' to honor my mother and father who both are passed on. its kind of comical because after i got this tattoo, my family told me it looks like the one in the movie "eastern promises" that's on Viggo Mortenson. I checked out some pics, and sure enough, it looks strikingly similar. was totally weird. havent seen the movie yet, but this makes me wanna.
2009 Honda CR-V EX Alabaster Silver------------------------------------------AIM- iRichard360------------------------------------------myspace- myspace.com/richard05
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

You do good work...do you have a portfolio on-line? No tats here, but plan to get 'em someday once I figure out what I really want... and have the time to work some design magic
bodhi_tree777

Re: tattoos..who's got 'em, let's see 'em (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by Blanco_Diablo »You do good work...do you have a portfolio on-line? No tats here, but plan to get 'em someday once I figure out what I really want... and have the time to work some design magic thanks! more at http://www.bodhitreestudio.com, which just redirects to our myspace page at the moment..need to find someone who knows their way around html i know you have an eye for design, and keep that in mind when you get yours. not many people put much thought into the way a tattoo will actually fit the part of the body its going on to.you said you went to SCAD, right? still in savannah? there are some fantastic shops in your town. Bri and I visited a few that were more along the lines of art galleries, and we're sort of modeling our studio after that.
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Thanks for the link...went to SCAD but live in Oregon now...have seen some decent places out here but none that really stand out yet.
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by bodhi_tree777 »and I know some more of you have to have tattoos.. out with 'em ha ha ha.. you're right...here you go:Left arm:Right arm:I've got a ways to go, but not sure what I want / should do next.
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
Amtron

Post by Amtron »

Oh boy...just watched my buddy get a massive piece on his back. It was done in a Cadillac style font, with a grey shadow to fill it, and it says:Those who we hold inour arms for a little while, we will hold inour hearts forever.It looks awesome. Just hearing the buzzing and seeing how awesome it looks makes me want to get one...however when I asked my dad if I could he freaked out and yelled at me and said he never wanted to hear me ask him again :S
ou.grizzly

Re: (Amtron)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by Amtron »It looks awesome. Just hearing the buzzing and seeing how awesome it looks makes me want to get one...however when I asked my dad if I could he freaked out and yelled at me and said he never wanted to hear me ask him again :SProfile says your 18.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
Amtron

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by Amtron »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »Profile says your 18. Yeah that's what everyone says...but profile doesn't say I live at home and he will kick me out.
bodhi_tree777

Re: (Amtron)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by Amtron »Yeah that's what everyone says...but profile doesn't say I live at home and he will kick me out.hide it .. I lived at home for a spell after I graduated, and had three tattoos before my parents ever realized I had one. They weren't into them until they realized that I could make a career out of it, now they just sort of raise eyebrows when I show up with more work
bodhi_tree777

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

figured I would post this here rather than starting a new thread, but I just wrapped this up and I'm pretty happy with the end result (although some of the red needs to be touched up for sure). Thought I'd share it. Posted it in-progress, earlier, here's the finished version if anyone's curious how it turned out:
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Is the Bonsai representing the Aortic Arch or the Pulmonary Arteries?
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
bodhi_tree777

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

I'm afraid I had to take some anatomical liberties in favor of aesthetic appeal .
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Very nice.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Whelan

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by Whelan »

Here is my first tatto, got it in Vegas last month on my birthday. It's an Aquarius symbol done tribal style with a fadeout. And yes I am Aquarius. #2 is gonna be my family shield on my back.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
hskater26

Re: (Whelan)

Post by hskater26 »

ive had my last name in japanese for a while and i decided to get the rising sun tattooed around it. here it is (and yes my grandmother is 100% japanese and wrote it for me so i know its my last name lol)
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
bodhi_tree777

Re: (hskater26)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

nice, man, really cool placement
TONY TAT2

Re: tattoos..who's got 'em, let's see 'em (hskater26)

Post by TONY TAT2 »

FAR OUT !!! KILLER CLOWN'S FROM OUTER SPACE !!!
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
drunkenmaxx

Re: tattoos..who's got 'em, let's see 'em (TONY TAT2)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

here's my latest addition from late last year. was hoping to get more soon, but i recently got laid off, so all my birthday/christmas money is getting socked away.

Attached files
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
DressedInBlack

Re: tattoos..who's got 'em, let's see 'em (drunkenmaxx)

Post by DressedInBlack »

get some leds installed in the eyes for the "deadlights"!
http://
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Sorry. No tats, no piercings and no clothes/fashion horses here. I may not be completely happy with the body I was given, but it is what it is.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

It's taken me too long to post these.Right shoulder:Left shoulder:Left side of my chest:These are my two kids' initials with their birth dates - pieces of me.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage