September has been crazy

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
lovemyraffe

September has been crazy

Post by lovemyraffe »

I know I've been neglecting everyone here and I apologize for that. I don't like excuses, so I will just tell you the story of the past 2 weeks. Back in June, I had interviewed with a Optometrist here in town for a job. He said he would love to bring me on but couldn't afford me at the time but would stay in touch with me. I moved on and got an outside sales job that was pretty decent. After returning home from a vacation over Labor Day weekend, I had an e-mail from this Optometrist asking if I was still interested in a position. We set up a time to sit down and talk. I told him I had a good job and since the money was the same between the two, I didn't want to switch. He looked like I had just punched him in the stomach, and decided to offer me $7,000 more a year. After talking with my wife and others close to me, I decided to change jobs and will be starting on Monday. I gave my employer notice on September 8th and today is my last day (if you can't tell already, I've already mentally checked out and am just putting in time today).Loki has been digging under the fence in my backyard and getting out. Yesterday I came home and one of my neighbors had chained her to the fence. They left a note saying they found her but the gate was locked and couldn't put her in. The gave her a bowl of water and I am so glad they were watching out for her.Last week we had the greatest surprise. We found out my wife is pregnant and are just ecstatic about it. We have been trying for 2 1/2 years. Now it gets really crazy. Monday morning I was going to get my newspaper, but stopped because my front door was wide open. I immediately called 911 and grabbed my gun. The police came over and looked around, nobody was in my house and nothing was missing from my house. I went to look at my work truck and opened the tool box in the back. Whomever it was, took every tool that was in the truck. They didn't break into the cab, just my tool box. Approximately $3,000 was stolen. Something spooked the guy off, since he took the time to pick the deadbolt and the lock on my front door but did not come in or take anything. Both my wife and I were a little freaked out about that, but were able to get past that, cuz it will happen. There is no way to prevent anyone trying to break into your house.Wednesday morning about 2 a.m. my wife got up to take the dog outside to go potty. She turned on the light on the patio and opened the back door. There was some guy hiding in my backyard. Loki took a few steps out the back door, saw the guy, and ran back in the house. Didn't bark, just ran back. My wife locked the door and came and woke me up. I grabbed my gun and my phone and called 911 as I headed outside. I didn't have my gate locked that night, but the guy still wasn't smart enough to open in, instead he broke the latch and forced his way out. He had been out there for quite a while. He took apart my grill, and used some of the charcoal to draw pictures and write something on my patio. He also, drew some pictures with grass. He pulled some grass from my yard and did some grass-stain artwork on the concrete. The cops looked around and we found some drug paraphernalia in my back yard where this guy was. There also was a 8 inch knife that he had left stuck in the ground. The cops said they had responded to other calls of somebody hiding in window-wells in the area.After having 2 incidents in 3 days, we have decided to move this weekend. I feel very very lucky that nothing serious happened. After someone broke into my house and my wife went outside where there was an armed s.o.b. and there was only $3000 of tools and a broken latch on the gate to my fence, we are very lucky. Sorry for the novel.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
NibCrom

Re: September has been crazy (lovemyraffe)

Post by NibCrom »

This one is gonna be hard to top. Also, time to get a new dog.
lovemyraffe

Re: September has been crazy (NibCrom)

Post by lovemyraffe »

My dog is a little special. We were camping for Labor Day and she chased off a coyote in the middle of the night, but she won't go after the freak in the back yard.
bull77

Post by bull77 »

crazy stuff --- wth was he drawing with grass?probably best to move since pregnant women don't like to get spooked
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

at least they didn't steal the gun... that would have been worse or used your own gun on your family.Yes, i too agree it's time to move
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »at least they didn't steal the gun... that would have been worse or used your own gun on your family.Stealing the gun would be difficult. It is very close to me when I sleep. Quote, originally posted by bull77 »crazy stuff --- wth was he drawing with grass?He was drawing some crazy graffiti type pictures and words, but was probably so high on something he couldn't make it right. Everything he wrote or drew was only partially done.
Nelson

Post by Nelson »

HOLY CRAP! That's outrageous. I'm glad you got a good offer from the optometrist.Also happy to hear you're pregnant!Congrats on both accounts.Then with the break ins....how awful! good luck with the insurance, and the move.Congrats again on the pregancy!
"Draco" 09 Steel Blue Base Vibe 1.8, auto, moonroofR.I.P. "FROST" 06 Frosty White Base Vibe, auto, Moonroof and Monsoontotalled when a bus t-boned us.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

whoa! that's really FREAKING NUTS! I'm glad you are ok and everything is fine, but definitely move! yikes!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Mavrik

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by Mavrik »

Did you get a pic of his artwork, maybe try and sell it?sounds like a rough couple weeks.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Blueridge9

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by Blueridge9 »

(removed) that's so bizarre and for him to target your house multiple times is frightening.I think your dog Loki did a smart thing by waking up your wife and then running away from the nut job. I wonder if that is why the dog was digging under the fence...to get away from this guy at other times when you weren't there. He might not bark cause he recognized the guy? Maybe have a vet check Loki over in case he hurt your dog.I hope they got some fingerprints or DNA on this guy. Maybe you could get a surveillance camera so the cops know who to look for. Hire pirates to patrol your yard.Move! I'm glad you got the new job you wanted. This too will pass.You are lucky.
Blueridge9 2004 Base, 1.8L "The Vibe is a melding of muscular looks, ..utility & economy, sportiness & road-hugging tractability." -Road & Track Magazine Sept. 2008 Pictures: http://s278.photobucket.com/user/blueridge9/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
altimar

Post by altimar »

Wow, that has been some crazy stuff. Congrats on the good things, new job, baby on the way, and nothing serious in regard to a scary situation. I hope you guys found a nice place to move to. Don't worry too much about it, I've seen so many times that disappointments like that are just to steer you on to bigger and better things. Good luck!
2007 Vibe: Wave monotone, Auto, sun & sound
808 Vibes

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »Did you get a pic of his artwork, maybe try and sell it?sounds like a rough couple weeks.Yes, you know if you write in the eBay listing that it is a picture of Jesus (you know-like the grilled cheese sandwich, tortillas or whatever they were) somebody will buy it!Sounds like the guy was really disturbed. Glad you're all OK!And I think Blueridge9 has a point-maybe this guy has been traumatizing/harassing Loki before.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Loki spends most of her time inside. We never leave her outside at night. I think this was 2 random incidences that happened to us. Thank you all for your good thoughts.
coldmm803

Post by coldmm803 »

congrats on the new job and more $$ and also on the wife being pregnant.sorry to hear about the destruction of property.
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

That is quite a story!!I'm With you I'd have a moving truck there the next day. Scarry stuff with the break-in and the creapy freak!Congrats on the New job and new addition to your family.