Apple - Switch

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
kunkstyle

Apple - Switch

Post by kunkstyle »

If the stupid apple ads with the kid from Die Hard weren't enough to get people to buy a mac, the Microsoft ones certainly are. Has anybody seen these? I've never wanted to throw my copy of XP out the window more than after just watching it. http://www.microsoft.com/windo...rch=1
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
NibCrom

Re: Apple - Switch (kunkstyle)

Post by NibCrom »

millster

Post by millster »

What on EARTH? That is the dumbest thing I think I've EVER seen!
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
kunkstyle

Re: Apple - Switch (millster)

Post by kunkstyle »

Quote, originally posted by NibCrom »http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/9/15/The very place I got the link from
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

I want my 5 minutes back
coldmm803

Post by coldmm803 »

yea, i hate the M$ vids, they make no sense and don't seem to relate to trying to sell a product (vista). i've tried vista twice, once when it was beta and again shortly after release (i downloaded it) and both times it sucked and was very slow on my computer which is a dual core AMD and 2gb of ram. it would freeze trying to load a new tab in my internet browser!! vista is so disfunctional too imo, the way they re-arranged the location of stuff.once i get some money for a new motherboard i plan on going to an Intel quad core and will try vista again cause some newer pc games require vista
bull77

Post by bull77 »

strange way to advertise your product -- but I found some parts amusingI've been running vista since it came out and had similiar issues (ie freezing, flash not loading, etc). I've stuck with it --- just used Firefox --- and currently run it on both my dell e521 (AMD 5000 4gb) and d620 (Intel 1.66 2gb) with no issues. I really like the new interface/features. SP1 fixed alot of the issues the first release had.that being said, I'd buy an apple if they were a little cheaper -- I don't bleed MS
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

yeah the ads are so dumb, its like they are trying to be funny like napoleon dynomite. huh reminds me, this xp install is broken...mmm time for osx-ness. Gotta love owning both :D
damronjr

Re: (northvibe)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »yeah the ads are so dumb, its like they are trying to be funny like napoleon dynomite. huh reminds me, this xp install is broken...mmm time for osx-ness. Gotta love owning both :DSame here, 2 pc's and a mac!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

gah!. makes me wish it was 1950 and personal computers weren't around.makes me glad i don't use my XP pc except for games. linux for the everyday stuff along with homework and stuff.
None. Vibe is gone.
NibCrom

Post by NibCrom »

Quote, originally posted by kunkstyle »The very place I got the link from
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

altimar

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by altimar »

I love it, so true.
2007 Vibe: Wave monotone, Auto, sun & sound
Whelan

Re: (altimar)

Post by Whelan »

I'm just tired of all the ads for both. I use PCs cause I know them better. Macs never made sense to me. I am sure they are easier now, but only having one button on a mouse and having to hit the combination of keys to turn it on instead of a power button. They have a special Apple key which I never knew what it did and then you have that little box with cirlces on the corners that looks like some kind of race track, couldnt even tell you what it stood for. Time for me to google around.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
bodhi_tree777

Re: (Whelan)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »I'm just tired of all the ads for both. I use PCs cause I know them better. Macs never made sense to me. I am sure they are easier now, but only having one button on a mouse and having to hit the combination of keys to turn it on instead of a power button. They have a special Apple key which I never knew what it did and then you have that little box with cirlces on the corners that looks like some kind of race track, couldnt even tell you what it stood for. Time for me to google around. things have changed, I guess, since you last tried one. I have a Mac and my mouse is just like a PC's. Also have a power button. I grew up on PC's (all the way back to the IBM PC jr.), and just switched to Mac about 5 years ago. I would never go back, the interface is just easier for what i use it for (music, graphics, web browsing).
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
NibCrom

Re: (bodhi_tree777)

Post by NibCrom »

I can tell you that things have improved considerably since OS 9. I used to hate Macs, but now that they stopped being so weird and made the operating system fast, I never go back to PCs.
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

The Gates/Seinfeld commercials are SO freaky weird......I'm waiting to hear that they got married in CA anytime now!
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
kunkstyle

Re: (tnpartsguy)

Post by kunkstyle »

Just read today that they're pulling the ads and replacing them with the 'real ones' during the series premiere of the Office. Apparently they were just to get people to pay more attention when the 'real commercials' came on. Seems like some serious knee jerk reaction BS to me.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

MS can advertise however much and in any way they want, but the quality and performance - or lack of both - will be the ultimate cause of their downfall. I haven't been all that satisfied with a MS OS since windows 2000. XP is buggy, and microsoft's constant bullcrap with security holes, patches, service packs, etc. is getting aggrevating. if i dare reload my system from scratch, i have to sit like 2 weeks straight of 24-hour updating just to get back where i was. it's infuriating. and i've worked with vista before, and hate it with a passion. it truly is a beast of an operating system - and not a good beast. microsoft's crappy products are what will likely be the reason that my next computer will more than likely be a mac.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
ColonelPanic

Re:

Post by ColonelPanic »

Heh, it's been discovered that M$ was using Macs to do some of the work on their new "I'm a PC" campaign...http://www.pcworld.com/article....htmlOops!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
NibCrom

Re: Re: (ColonelPanic)

Post by NibCrom »

Haha. That's like when Toyota used Silverados to tow some of their vehicles.
bull77

Re: Re: (NibCrom)

Post by bull77 »

i laugh when I see dealers around town using other brands as shuttle buses...