Family Vaca next summer!

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Whelan

Family Vaca next summer!

Post by Whelan »

Every so often we get the whole fam together for a big vacation on the beach. Typically in NC or VA on the water, we tend to go all out. Between cousins, aunts, uncles, immediate family we usually pack about 20-25 of us give or take. Here is the house we reserved for next June, WHOOP!10 Bedrooms, 10 Bathrooms, 10x18 heated pool, here is the writeup.Oceanfront beauty! Brand new for the 2008 season! Family and friends will never forget a stay in this Whalehead beach castle. Enjoy the spectacular 180-degree ocean view of the Atlantic from the beautifully appointed great room of this wonderful home. A private pool, bi-level decks and two eight-person hot tubs will add to your oceanfront vacation enjoyment. Or, relax watching a movie in your private theater room. A backyard playground oasis awaits you at the poolside cabana. A private walkway with dune-top deck puts you steps away from a large uncrowded beach. The Breakers’ will live up to its name with first-class oceanfront opulence!Outside: Enjoy the private pool with plenty of quality lounge chairs and deck furniture. Relax with surround sound stereo or in the hammock. In the covered cabana with poolside bar seating, there's a TV, refrigerator, outdoor sink and 2 large hot tubs complete with foot and back massage (one located above the cabana area) 2 outside showers, outside bathroom, propane grill and children’s play area. The Atlantic Ocean is just steps away on your own private walkway to the beach.Ground Level: King MBR with a poolside view, a spacious bedroom with 2 queen beds, large kids room with 2 pyramid bunks, all bedrooms with private bath. Professionally designed theater room with 110" screen and powerful surround sound for the ultimate viewing experience. Seating for nine and four elevated bar seats in the back of the room with a drink rail. There's a well-stocked video library that's always being updated. Rec room with custom sports bar and 2 flat screen TVs, pool table and separately controlled stereo systems for pool area & bar room area. Mid Level: Walk into foyer into den and capture gorgeous ocean views. Comfortable seating area with 32” HDTV/DVD. Five MBR with private baths. Three of the bedrooms overlook the pool and have gorgeous ocean views. All bedrooms are built for comfort, with plenty of room to relax and unwind. Guests will be impressed with custom tilework in the bathrooms and several large custom showers. Top Level: Great room with soaring ceilings and breathtaking panoramic ocean and beach views. There's a gas fireplace and 42" wide screen HDTV/DVD, with a home theater and stereo surround system, living room sofa and love seat, and two dining areas with seating for eight, and seating for ten in "the tower" with gorgeous views. Gourmet kitchen outfitted with everything you should possibly need and seating for twelve in this area. Small covered deck off of kitchen to enjoy beautiful sunsets. Granite countertops, wine cooler, 2 refrigerators, 2 sinks, 2 dishwashers, half bath, 2 King MBR w/whirlpool tub, custom tiled showers and flat screen LCD TV, private oceanside deck.Special Features: PRIVATE POOL, 2 large HOT TUBs, ELEVATOR, 14 TVs, 4 DVD/VCR combo, digital cable w/premium channels, 3 stereo systems, wireless high speed Internet, 2 washer/dryer rooms (1st & 2nd level), portacrib, high chair, 2 baby gates, pool table, gas fireplace, basketball hoop. Public water. Parking for 10 vehicles. Pool may be heated in off-season weeks. No Smoking. No Pets. Saturday
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
Toasted7

Re: Family Vaca next summer! (Whelan)

Post by Toasted7 »

Wow! Looks like a lot of fun... can I go?
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

That's sweet, our family never does anyhting like that... Heck, I can't remeber a time that i've been on an actual vacation, except I guess when I went to NJ to get the Subaru.. everything happened so fast, there wasn't any time to relax. Congratz.. looks like a killer place..
hskater26

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by hskater26 »

well i know where well be meeting next june for a meet
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Sounds like fun. I'll be there!
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
02csnow

Post by 02csnow »

Hey, I have seen that house before. I believe it is in Corolla. I did some audio/video installs down in that area and I remember that house. Beautiful property rental.Oh yeah, enjoy the Home Theater room.
Bye Bye Vibe.............
Whelan

Re: Family Vaca next summer! (02csnow)

Post by Whelan »

Wow your good. It is in Corolla, this house has a home theatre inside.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
02csnow

Post by 02csnow »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »Wow your good. It is in Corolla, this house has a home theatre inside.Sure does. Most of the homes down there have them. I use to work for a company that did custom audio and video and we did a bunch of homes in Corolla, Duck, and Kill Devil Hills and I belive that is one that we did. It is about an hour and half from me.
Bye Bye Vibe.............
808 Vibes

Re: Family Vaca next summer! (02csnow)

Post by 808 Vibes »

I'm speechless. Don't know what to say other than oh (beep!) LOLLooks like fun though.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Corolla is very nice. It's been a few years since I was there. You'll have a good time. Alot of people from Virginia vacation there. If I drive my Vibe down there, will you detail it for me? j/k
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.