First Real Snow!!!

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Whelan

First Real Snow!!!

Post by Whelan »

WooHoo AWD Donuts here I come again!!!!!! Can't wait to get home and really give these Kumho Ecsta ASX tires a try. They have an 8 rating over the 4 given to the stock Gooyears so we shall see. It may not look covered, but it is and still coming down, a lot more than they predicted thats for sure.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
Sublimewind

Re: First Real Snow!!! (Whelan)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »WooHoo AWD Donuts here I come again!!!!!! Can't wait to get home and really give these Kumho Ecsta ASX tires a try. They have an 8 rating over the 4 given to the stock Gooyears so we shall see. It may not look covered, but it is and still coming down, a lot more than they predicted thats for sure.Just remember AWD isn't about stopping, just GOing.... please be carefull...
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »WooHoo AWD Donuts Drift-nuts, BTW, with AWD they are Driftnuts.... lol
drunkenmaxx

Re: First Real Snow!!! (Sublimewind)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

driftnuts? is that what happens when nuts are windblown?
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Whelan

Re: First Real Snow!!! (drunkenmaxx)

Post by Whelan »

Yes I am very very careful when driving regardless of what I own. I had to teach my fiance how to use her 4WD in her Jeep and that with all wheels turning you need to push the gas a little to get around a turn so all the wheels help pull the car, its a little different than driving with a FWD where you slow down and kinda coast around a corner so no power to allow sliding or skipping.I drive my AWD like you should, keeping distance, if someone is on my (removed) I usually get over a lane cause I really do not need to have a stranger in my backseat. One of these days I am going to get my brother to take a vid of me with the Trix in the snow. It's nice to know I can still go places and up hills that others cannot or have a hard time doing.Oh btw, for all the AWDrivers out there, be careful on hills when behind someone, they can easily slip and lose traction and be stalled out or slide backwards, typical rule for me was to wait at the bottom for them to get up first, then go.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
Raven

Post by Raven »

You call that snow. Bah!We got 24 inches plus Monday and Tuesday. The snow Monday morning was up to the windows on the Vibe. I almost got stuck going downhill out of my driveway in my 4x4 truck.
Whelan

Re: First Real Snow!!! (Raven)

Post by Whelan »

I wish I could get that much! Me and my fiance would take her Liberty out in 4 and play around a bit.It was icy as hell out though too. I took back roads instead of the main highway and it still took me 1:45 minutes to get home. But still saved time. The highway was dead stopped. I would not have been able to take the hills and turns if it wasn't for the AWD. CT has tons of slopes, sharp inclines, and turns on the backways.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
lovemyraffe

Re: First Real Snow!!! (Raven)

Post by lovemyraffe »

I wish we got 24". We will get that much in the mountains, but in the valley where I live we just got a little dusting. Nothing to get excited over.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

we got alot of snow last week sometime..but since then nothing spectacular..i hate the snow to be honest..well driving in it atleast
Sublimewind

Re: (WaveAction)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by WaveAction »we got alot of snow last week sometime..but since then nothing spectacular..i hate the snow to be honest..well driving in it atleastget you some snow tires and it won't be that bad, trust me...
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »Yes I am very very careful when driving regardless of what I own. I had to teach my fiance how to use her 4WD in her Jeep and that with all wheels turning you need to push the gas a little to get around a turn so all the wheels help pull the car, its a little different than driving with a FWD where you slow down and kinda coast around a corner so no power to allow sliding or skipping.I drive my AWD like you should, keeping distance, if someone is on my (removed) I usually get over a lane cause I really do not need to have a stranger in my backseat. One of these days I am going to get my brother to take a vid of me with the Trix in the snow. It's nice to know I can still go places and up hills that others cannot or have a hard time doing.Oh btw, for all the AWDrivers out there, be careful on hills when behind someone, they can easily slip and lose traction and be stalled out or slide backwards, typical rule for me was to wait at the bottom for them to get up first, then go.yes, i don't miss those days in the VGT! spin spin spin! people honking their horns angrily while the wheels kept spinning and i didn't move forward.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
WaveAction

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by WaveAction »

Quote, originally posted by Sublimewind »get you some snow tires and it won't be that bad, trust me... ya i was gonna get a set, bridgestone blizzaks but right now i dont got the money..so for now my brand new tires of only 7500km r gonna do for this winter..but next winter will be a different story
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

woot! i'm drunk and we have about 6 inches now and it's still snowing! there are some years where we don't get any at all! i am taking pictures soon! (jaeger bombs, wine and beer)
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

we're supposed to be slammed over night here, over 30 cm of snow, cant wait
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

well we got hammered over night as expected..alot of snow..dont know how much but here's a few pics from my kitchen window, spent 30 minutes outside and only got to the end of my vibe..and the worst is..it's still coming down and wont let up til this evening
Raven

Post by Raven »

We got about 18-20 inches (45-50cm) today and it's still coming down.A weird thing happened too. I was snowblowing my driveway and I found a black Vibe. We've got well over 3 FT of snow on the ground now. Last year at this time it was 45°F and not a flake of snow.
ITcar

Post by ITcar »

we got ten inches...i hate snowfirst snow for me living at an apartment, and it STUNK, the snow was piled up to my knees between each car and i didnt have a shovel, so i literally jumped over a snow bank and into the back of my car to find my scraper. I had to brush the ground too so i could get to my door...i musta looked like an idiot. Then, i have NO traction cause my tires suck and the car sucks in this weather. To top it off, i got stuck at the entrance of my parents neighborhood and all the shoveling in the world couldnt get it unstuck, so we had to drive down the 4wd mobile and tow it out of there. grr... now i cant leave to go home till they clear it up a little better, i was doing to much slippin and sliding on the way here, so im not comfortable doing it again :/i think im gonna die this winter in that car...
02csnow

Post by 02csnow »

Quote, originally posted by WaveAction »well we got hammered over night as expected..alot of snow..dont know how much but here's a few pics from my kitchen window, spent 30 minutes outside and only got to the end of my vibe..and the worst is..it's still coming down and wont let up til this eveningOk, I have decided. the wife does not want to move back up to Alaska due to being so far from family. So I am moving to Canada the next chance I get. I love snow.
Bye Bye Vibe.............