My Computer Ate my TW07 Guy???

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Whelan

My Computer Ate my TW07 Guy???

Post by Whelan »

I just finished a round of one of the Masters tournies on my laptop and my comptuer gave me the blue screen. So I reset it and my golfer has disappeared from the game!!!!! ********???!?!?!?!###$$$@@@@@I had like over 30 million cash and was so highly rated, crap!Anyways, I go to make a new profile guy, and when I put my name is as it was before, it tells me that this player already exists? But I can't see him or select him. The game is CD based too. Any ideas how I can find him!
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
burkeyro

Re: My Computer Ate my TW07 Guy??? (Whelan)

Post by burkeyro »

Windows XP SP2? you could try a System Restore if it's turned on. Try restoring from a couple of days ago. That might recover your "Guy"
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

its a EA game so check, My documents for a EA folder, there is probably a save profile in there of your character.
Whelan

Re: (northvibe)

Post by Whelan »

Aaah I gotta check the files out. A system restore may help, but wont that delete a lot fo my stuff and put the computer back to its original settings?
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

sys restore doesnt delete personal files, just application and system file changes.
Whelan

Post by Whelan »

So like my itunes ares p2p and stuff would have to be redownloaded.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

depends what type of "system restore" you are talking about. the one built INTO windows you get to pick what day, ie. before installing X application or before this X update. and if you had installed itunes on Nov. 1st but only restored back to the 5th you wouldnt lose itunes.The system restore included in factory recovery CD's ie. gateway, toshiba, HP etc. can reformat and reinstall your pc back to how you purchased it brand new, so all your data would be gone, OR some have the option to recover only the system files in XP so that all personal data is still there, but applications would need to be reinstalled as the registry would be replaced and wouldnt know the applications you had prior, although some would still work.i think the people in this thread are talking about the in windows xp recovery which, talking about this game save, i wouldnt expect it to work. What you can do is find your save file, copy it, delete the old one, boot the game, it shouldnt find any old data, then exit game, copy the backup save back into the EA TW save directory and restart the game seeing if it see's your old character save...worth a shot i suppose.
burkeyro

Post by burkeyro »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »depends what type of "system restore" you are talking about. the one built INTO windows you get to pick what day, ie. before installing X application or before this X update. and if you had installed itunes on Nov. 1st but only restored back to the 5th you wouldnt lose itunes.The system restore included in factory recovery CD's ie. gateway, toshiba, HP etc. can reformat and reinstall your pc back to how you purchased it brand new, so all your data would be gone, OR some have the option to recover only the system files in XP so that all personal data is still there, but applications would need to be reinstalled as the registry would be replaced and wouldnt know the applications you had prior, although some would still work.i think the people in this thread are talking about the in windows xp recovery which, talking about this game save, i wouldnt expect it to work. What you can do is find your save file, copy it, delete the old one, boot the game, it shouldnt find any old data, then exit game, copy the backup save back into the EA TW save directory and restart the game seeing if it see's your old character save...worth a shot i suppose.Thanks North, yeah I was speaking of the one in Start --> Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> Restore.It's the one within windows and will not delete personal files, just System files and programs depending on how far you go back, normally for a problem like this where one day it's working and the next you get a blue Screen or some other Wierd system error. you go back a couple of days in Windows System restore and you are working again
northvibe

Re: (burkeyro)

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by burkeyro »Thanks North, yeah I was speaking of the one in Start --> Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> Restore.It's the one within windows and will not delete personal files, just System files and programs depending on how far you go back, normally for a problem like this where one day it's working and the next you get a blue Screen or some other Wierd system error. you go back a couple of days in Windows System restore and you are working againbsod :s yucky, yeah those are bad mmmkay, those are usually cause by windows system file corruption, bad ram or bad hdd (most common) although TONS of other things cause them...its electronics..anything can happen
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

that sucks..it did the same thing to me aswell sometime..cept the blue screen..but one day the game just didnt wanna load and when it did..my golfer was gone..but luckily i didnt get to far into the game unlike yourself