Wow, Can't get a head unit.

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

haha joat!that is really bad advice, some parents aren't so easy, and some teens actually have to do what they are told and can't just get away with crap. pull that stuff, they may just take your car and tell you to use the leather express.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Merzbow

Re: (drunkenmaxx)

Post by Merzbow »

(removed)...sorry Joat I just couldn't resist. I was in the moment. No hard feelings.They are right, it's not the greatest idea but that's why you test them and see, then go from there. Like I said, most modern day suburban parents wont make such a drastic move. I know this because I have a lot of friends, all of different cultures/ethnicities and financial status. The car is the best way to control you so if they take it away and you buy your own car, that's one thing they lose to control you. My mom still does that to me but I have two motorcycles and I'm in the process of finding another car for work and school so it's almost useless for her to ban use of the Vibe now, also considering I took over the insurance payments, and also still paying her money per month for the car payment even though she put it under the home equity line so I have NO IDEA how much I still owe her and neither does she lol....oh well she deserves the money from me.So do as you like my friend but you can't live in fear basing your actions solely on the POSSIBLE outcomes that MIGHT ensue or you will have lived no life worth living...just my point of view.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

they can still take away your driving privileges, even if you have your own car.i think it's wrong to say, "F them, i'll do what i want!"who do you turn to when you need help? who puts the roof over your head? anyone who complains about their parents rules; try supporting yourself by moving out and providing everything out of your pocket. i guarantee you, those stupid rules won't seem so bad.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Merzbow

Re: (drunkenmaxx)

Post by Merzbow »

They aren't that bad but the way I look at it is this: They brought you into this world so they should support you until it's possible to support yourself....that means until you are at least 18 years old.You have a roof over your head but it's impossible for a kid to support themselves in society especially with how ridiculous the economy is now, it's hard to find a job. So moving out isn't really an option. I would have moved in with my dad, where I would be supporting myself pretty much if it weren't for the Vibe. Even though it may seem people have it good and their arguments for disliking their parents seem weak, there sometimes is more going on behind the scenes than just a stereo in a car that most would probably not share with members of a car enthusiast forum. I come from a broken home that has altered me emotionally so I do know what I'm talking about to an extent ANYWAYS, sorry for thread jacking I apologize.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

anything is possible, my buddy moved out at 17 and lived on his own while still going to high school. i lived in a very questionable neighborhood when i was on my own, as did he. one that many of you would avoid at all costs.you could afford it, you just wouldn't like the lack of the comforts you're used to.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

My guess is that Dad doesn't want the newbie driver to kill himself by being distracted by loud music and having a bad accident. The mature thing for Kevin to do would be to go back to Dad and talk about it. Dad will respect you more if you go to him and negotiate something, such as "a year of driving with no tickets or accidents" as a condition to upgrade the stereo much more than he would if you instead go to him and say"you told me not to, but I did it anyway and I don't care what you say about it" To me, it's not about whether they take away the car, it's more a choice of what kind of person do you want to be? Do things like honesty, integrity, respect have any value? Is being treated like a mature adult important enough to actually act like one, even when inconvenient? It's not about a life worth living, it's about being a person worth being.
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

dr. joat.
Merzbow

Re: (joatmon)

Post by Merzbow »

See that's where I disagree Joat. I think if you don't live life to the fullest and take chances to experience everything you can do, you haven't really lived. You die, that could be it!I do agree with talking to him first, that's a good idea. If he is anything like my mom though, talking to him wont change anything and you wont be able to negotiate with him...that's when I realized the only thing to do is to build her up anyways buttercup.
ITcar

Post by ITcar »

im having similar problems with my mom right now, i debadged and did overlays and she told me not to do anything else. i guess those springs i just bought have to be put on hold...? my situation was more of a misunderstanding though, i was under the impression that the car was mine...and i guess she was under the impression that its her car and shes just letting me drive it? who knows, parents can be crazy and illogical sometimes
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

Thanks Merzbow, I like your suggestions, I feel like I'm joining the dark side. Lol, I think your car is gorgeous too. But, I am getting the head unit for christmas and I cannot wait. I am really happy, but it is the only thing I am getting. =[ Oh well
vinny.mca

Re: (Merzbow)

Post by vinny.mca »

Quote, originally posted by Merzbow »See that's where I disagree Joat. I think if you don't live life to the fullest and take chances to experience everything you can do, you haven't really lived. You die, that could be it!.That is such a misleading quote imo...At any rate, 99% of the time parents are ONLY looking out for their children. I'm sure there is some sort of logical explanation for your father to deny this particular project. It may sound rediculous to us, but you may have to do some heavy explaining to your parents about this mod, as they might not be electrically or car modding inclined. My word of advice, respect your parents a little more, its amazing how much a little maturity can prove and show.
ITcar

Re: (vinny.mca)

Post by ITcar »

Quote, originally posted by vinny.mca »At any rate, 99% of the time parents are ONLY looking out for their children. My word of advice, respect your parents a little more, its amazing how much a little maturity can prove and show. is that why your parents hate me with such a passion??? cause im the devils spawn or something?
Merzbow

Re: (Kevzaz)

Post by Merzbow »

I wouldn't say "That's ALL" you're getting for Christmas though Kev because I know for sure that head units are expensive. You should feel proud that he is letting you get it +1 point for you! Now get your dad a nice gift card to Sears for some new tools to help you install it Even though my stereo system is worth almost $2000 (estimating the cost of the fiberglass box made by Freestyle) I still have the factory head unit because it works fine and looks great (even though I'm on my THIRD factory head unit LOL). Most after market head units I've seen don't last much longer than a couple years anyways:
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

That is a very very nice system. This is the headunit I am getting. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-R...=5684Ya, Headunits are expensive, but that is a cheap one. Don't you agree? See, I would keep my head unit stock, but I need to hook up my mp3 player to it, and I refuse to use a fm transmitter, And I know about the adapters for the back of the headunits, but it looks hard.
Merzbow

Re: (Kevzaz)

Post by Merzbow »

Yeah that's nota bad price at alll and it's a good one. I use an FM transmitter sometimes and you're right, the quiality isn't that great...especially with my stereo.