cops bust in hometown for racing

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
vibegtcouple

cops bust in hometown for racing

Post by vibegtcouple »

the one week end my wife and i do not go down were ever on hangs out in york the cops bust 200 people for watch and racing in the parking lot.here is what they said This story was sent to you by: jason--------------------Hundreds Arrested In York --------------------October 21, 2007YORK -- Police in York arrested about 200 people in connection with drag racing.It happened around 11 o'clock on Saturday night in the parking lot of a shopping center.Police officers in York put the brakes on a night of drag racing through a parking lot along Route 30.Everyone there was placed under arrest and charged, whether they were behind the wheel, in the passenger's seat, or just watching the race."At the time we rolled in here, the only place that was still open for business was an adult video store. So if you weren't here for videos you were up here to drag race," said Lt. Russell Tschopp of the York City Police Department.Police made the bust after running surveillance in the area."They said there were over 100 cars in the parking lot and close to 200 people, we basically sealed the parking lot off so nobody could get out," said Lt. Tschopp.Among those who couldn't leave was Maryln Trout, of North Codorus Township. He's a huge car buff and said he and his daughter stopped by last night, just to look at the cars."It's all different races, everybody shares a common joy of cars, everybody likes a way to share them and cars are a lot of people's expressions," said Trout.Trout thought the officers went overboard and said he and his daughter never should have been taken into custody."It's a very eerie feeling because they were not even telling you what was really going to happen, they were just herding you up," added Trout."They wouldn't drive you back, you had to walk back to get your car and chances are you walked the whole way back to your car, and it's already towed and it's gone," said Trout's daughter, Jordan."It's a significant public safety issue, that's why we addressed it. People not only endanger themselves, they endanger the public at large," added Lt. Tschopp.Police said most of the people arrested were young adults.They were all given a summary non-traffic citation for trespassing.Police said that there are more than 30 signs in that lot that states it is illegal to trespass on the property. Copyright (c) 2007, WPMT --------------------This article originally appeared at:http://fox43.trb.com/news/wpmt...ome-2 Visit FOX 43 online at http://www.wpmt.com
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

ive heard of this same sort of thing happening in MN, st paul. even people just watching get tickets and such. lame but it is trespassing :/ so i dont go down there any more...but because theres no safe place to race, people use more streets and just change things up...if the city officials would ever learn...we need a place to go :/
vibegtcouple

Re: (northvibe)

Post by vibegtcouple »

i hope shadow vibe was not there he lives here to
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

That is bs to give onlookers tickets.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

they give onlookers tickets because they also add to the whole "illegal racing" scene. if there weren't any onlookers to cheer on the racers, there wouldn't be as many people illegally racing. ya, it does suck, but unless it's legally sanctioned by a club, it's your own risk. here, if you are caught speeding with another driver, they can deem that illegal racing, even if you weren't actually racing. just about every other night there's some young punk pulling up next to me trying to race, a honda, nissan z or whatever else. i don't bite because i have nothing to prove to them. i know what my car is fully capable of and i have the proof to back it up. unless they want to go to the track and really prove their driving skills, they can get the ticket, not me. what really sucks imo, is that now it makes it difficult for people who are not racing to meet up, like many of us who have "meets" in public parking lots without the hassle of cops thinking you're trying to race every car there.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS