Wii FTW!

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Whelan

Wii FTW!

Post by Whelan »

In continuation of the XBox thread.Yes the games are limited but are starting to come out, def. coming out faster than those for PS3 at least. Not to mention it is outselling PS3 6 to 1 and you still can't get them readily off the shelves like the other systems. I had to wait in line at 9am on a Sunday in front of Circuit City to get one of about 12 they had that morning.Right now I only have Wii Sports and I love just playing that. It's def. not a hardcore gaming system, but it's fun for everyone to play, especially when you have a party and people are all tipsy. Did that this past Saturday at a friends house, ended up winning some 9 hole golf.As far as online play is concerned, I could give two ***** about that. Not my cup of tea as I don't really feel like playing people online and what not. Never got into it and don't plan on it anytime soon.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Ok wii time.I have had over 15 games...most I liked for a fun quick time, but sold a bunch because they give no lasting appeal. the titles I do own areRed SteelFar CryGT Pro SeriesExcite TruckZeldacrap I forgot if I own more...any who paper mario is sweet, metroid I need to try its sitting there waiting for me though. Mario part 8 was meh, would only play it with 4 people. I think Id like brawl over party...The wii is outselling the ps3 yes..but not in every country. The ps3 is outselling everying in AUS and some other places. Lets not knock other systems though I think this should be a pro wii thread So OHHHHH mario strikers socccer! that game is fun oh thats a blast to play. So if anyone has that lets play! we should also post wii id's so we can play new games online and msg each other. Strikers is online and brawl will be when its out..theres others but they arent really close to being out.I had plans to hack my wii with a network activity led..but I need to look at the logic board more...which requires time...and time is hard to find these days Brunswick bowling just came out too! Havent tried it yet to see if its better than wii bowling though...
Whelan

Re: (northvibe)

Post by Whelan »

I think I could be interested in online if some of you people were doin it. But how the heck does it work, since I have a cable modem and wireless in the house?
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

yup the wii has built in wireless, just connect it to your home wireless network. Then you can start adding friends to your friends list.... Mario strikers the only way to play online is to play with people from your friends list. Ill post up my friend code soon...
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

this is what im talking aboutgh3 for wii and its awesome!http://wii.ign.com/articles/816/816619p1.html
slvrvibes

Re: Wii FTW! (Whelan)

Post by slvrvibes »

I've started playing Resident Evil 4 on my Wii, and it is very cool! I don't have much free time since I work full time and go to school part time, but I'll be playing this on the weekends.
genvibe garage
Kamikaze

Re: Wii FTW! (slvrvibes)

Post by Kamikaze »

If Resident Evil 5 wasn't coming out for the 360 I probably would buy a Wii. between that Metroid and Zelda, that would probably be the only reason I would buy a wii, I'd still be disappointed in the graphics, but I would have fun with those games.
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

theres also another RE game coming for the wii...more of a rail based shooter. And I cant wait for ghost squad it think its called. Like a arcade shooter with the gun :D
slvrvibes

Re: Wii FTW! (Kamikaze)

Post by slvrvibes »

Quote, originally posted by Kamikaze »If Resident Evil 5 wasn't coming out for the 360 I probably would buy a Wii. between that Metroid and Zelda, that would probably be the only reason I would buy a wii, I'd still be disappointed in the graphics, but I would have fun with those games.Graphics definitely aren't up there with the 360 or PS3, but the games are fun to play. I've played Resident evil on the PS2 and although I enjoyed it, I enjoy making some of the moves myself on the Wii.Luckily for me, if I want to see great graphics, I can just go visit my brother and play his PS3.
genvibe garage
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

metroid has some good fps controls, which is about time they made a good fps on the wii, its perfect for it. I still cant wait for another zelda!! That game was SWEEEET. OH OH excite bike (called something else) is coming out too and that game should be awesome , if its anything like excite truck :D
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

Northvibe, stop it. You're getting me all excited. It's making me want to go out an buy a Wii... must resist temptation.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

LOL the wii is fun, i play it when im not feeling like a hardcore vid game session. its more for a casual gamer, but like ps3 there arent many games out BUT smash bro's is confirmed to have online play!!!! cant wait for that and mario galaxy!!!!! ohhhh wii baby....wii it.
Whelan

Post by Whelan »

I really need to go find a good game to play for it. I'm still sittin on Wii sports. I brought it up to the lake house this weekend, people raved about how fun it was.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

awesome games:excite truckwii play...ONLY if you need another remote otherwise it isnt worth itzelda if you like good game play and story linered steele I thought was goodWarioware is awesomeMetroidmadden 08 i hear is goodthe biggs if you like baseballpaper mario - just like the classic but more story!mario strikers! - online and crazy soccer? awesometheres lots of games out..but most get boring WAY to fast or have no replay what so ever.
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

Northvibe: put a big plasma in your trunk, and bring the wii down to the meet on Oct 13th. We'll have a competition! (I'll loose)
slvrvibes

Post by slvrvibes »

I didn't care at all for WarioWare, but I'm wanting to try mario strikers and paper mario. For the time being, I'm enjoying RE 4.I bought a cool base for the Wii yesterday. it has a fan on the bottom to keep it cool while it's on and has blue neon lighting around the bottom. The fan runs by a USB connector that connects to the back of the Wii. Holds the Wii, 2 controllers and 2 nunchucks.
genvibe garage
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

I have a 5" lcd i can bring with the wii... Unless someone else attending can bring a bigger lcd?
HoosierMan619

Re: (Kamikaze)

Post by HoosierMan619 »

Don't fight the temptation. Let it take over your mind and soul. Better to be a slave to Nintendo than Microsoft.
Some things in life are badThey can really make you madOther things just make you swear and curse.When you're chewing on life's gristleDon't grumble, give a whistleAnd this'll help things turn out for the best...And...always look on the bright side of life...
2ruSpeed

Post by 2ruSpeed »

I was one of the crazy ones that lined up for one of these things back in December, waited from 1-8am with another friend of mine haha. So far only Wii Sports, Zelda, Mario Strikers.Can't wait for GH3, played it on the 360 and was hooked.
northvibe

Re: (2ruSpeed)

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by 2ruSpeed »I was one of the crazy ones that lined up for one of these things back in December, waited from 1-8am with another friend of mine haha. So far only Wii Sports, Zelda, Mario Strikers.Can't wait for GH3, played it on the 360 and was hooked.WHAT? only 1-8am? ohhh dang I was in line for 24 hours in duluth! cold and windy...that sucked ahhaha oh it was fun but...i would never...ever wait another 24 hours for anything outside...again...ever.
2ruSpeed

Post by 2ruSpeed »

And I thought I had it bad haha. Couldn't feel my feet at all after it.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

hahha at least we got wii's, i cant believe they are still hard to find.