Bad Robot Productions (Trailer before Transformers)

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Whelan

Bad Robot Productions (Trailer before Transformers)

Post by Whelan »

Who else saw this. I've been poking around the web, it comes out in January or something. It had some guy at a going away party and out of nowhere a huge weird Godzilla type noise and a quake, then fireballs and random stuff. It looked insane! It was from a personal cam style. Apparently what I have found out is that the whole movie is being shot as a personal digi-cam style, some people say its Vultron, Hulk 2, another Godzilla. I think different and that its something bigger. Anyways, share your thoughts cause I'm stumped!P.S. - the movie is called Cloverfield
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
engineertwin2

Post by engineertwin2 »

I didn't think it was a movie trailer at first, but rather like a product commercial (Coke). However, it wasn't too intrigueing to me and I had even less desire to look it up since it didn't provide anymore than "Bad Robot Productions" at the bottom.They'll have to do more to pique my interest given my overhype of the Blair Witch fiasco...what a waste of my time...
2004 Vibe GT Lava Monotone, Moon & Tunes PackageMods:Homelink17" TenzoR Mach 10s, Black w/ Red grooveTintFormer Cars: '87 Subaru DL, '99 Chevy Malibu (hated it)'99 VW Passat (like it), '99 Volvo S80 T6 (wet dreams are made of it)
GrayFox

Re: (engineertwin2)

Post by GrayFox »

I thought it was cool looking... pretty freaky seeing the statue of liberty's head come crashing down beside you hahaI read somewhere that it's probly not Godzilla (it didn't sound like the classic godzilla "roar" either) I wonder if the "action movie shot with a hand-cam" would really work and not get boring....
Whelan

Re: (ANO_Vibe)

Post by Whelan »

What grabbed me was the flying statue of liberty head and the sound that whatever it was made. it sent a chill down my back for sure.Some people think its a war of gods brought down to Earth yet others claim it to be some monster called the Cthulhu. Some octopus headed scaly long clawed winged thing made by a guy named Lovecraft.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
Whelan

Re: Bad Robot Productions (Whelan)

Post by Whelan »

Here is the link to the trailerhttp://projectcloverfield.com/trailer/
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
scherry2

Re: (Whelan)

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »others claim it to be some monster called the Cthulhu. Some octopus headed scaly long clawed winged thing made by a guy named Lovecraft.LOL. that would be H.P. Lovecraft and the book is called:The Call of Cthulhu. looks like a good monster movie to me.
tribalman

Re:

Post by tribalman »

when i had seen it at first i thought it was just some comercial, then stuff started going wierd so i thought it was the intro to the movie cause i made sure i knew NOTHING about this transformers movie going into it. i wish they had a name also, i would have been more interested in it if they gave the name of it. infact i forgot all about it until i found this thread, looks like it could be good. if it is Cthulhu, sssswwwwweeeettttt. from a friend of mine, "why vote for the lesser of two evils, choose the greatest evil. Cthulhu for president '08"
None. Vibe is gone.
Toasted7

Re: Re: (tribalman)

Post by Toasted7 »

Whatever the movie is, it's by the same guy that does LOST (J.J. Abrams)... so it's gonna be weird. When I first saw it in the theather (al la... before Transformers) I immediately thought of Godzilla. The sound is not exactly like the classic... but what is anymore these days. At the party they talk about Rob and how he is going to Japan and how they are all going to miss him because he is their "main man"... who is the "main man" in Japan and breathes fire (seen in the preview) and makes a very loud screaming/growling noise like that and comes from the water (ie. near the Statue of Liberty)??? That's why I went with Godzilla. Also in the preview, some guy says, "I saw it, it's a lion... it's huge!" (removed)? After looking around on the web a bit I did find that it is going to be about some kind of giant monster... maybe call "The Parasite". Also in cahoots with Abrams is the films writer Drew Goddard (who writes for Buffy). Looks as though most, if not all of the film, will be shot with handheld cameras for more of an individuals point of view. None the less... if this helped or not... who knows, I think it has a lot of peoples attention and I'll probably check it out no matter what.I did find this link as well... first started out as only one picture... and now there are two. Will see where it goes from here. edit - just found out you can move the pics around on the page as well.http://www.1-18-08.com/
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
Whelan

Re: Re: (Toasted7)

Post by Whelan »

I think the Godzilla thing is pretty much shot, after reading around I found that Godzilla rights are owned by Sony and not Paramount who is doing this film, not to mention Godzilla is not scheduled for a new remake or release until 2013. I kind of have a feeling its the Cthulhu thing, that would be nuts. Whatever it is, it has the craziest sound to it, seriously made my hair stand up it was eerie.Could you tell me more about that book you just mentioned about this thing from lovecraft.I also watched it again and I think he says "I saw it, it's alive, its huge!"The other reasoning for this Cthulhu thing is the puzzles on the website http://www.ethanhaaswasright.com are Lovecraftian based. I dunno but I do know I wanna see it real bad!
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
tribalman

Re: Re: (Whelan)

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »I think the Godzilla thing is pretty much shot, after reading around I found that Godzilla rights are owned by Sony and not Paramount who is doing this film, not to mention Godzilla is not scheduled for a new remake or release until 2013. I kind of have a feeling its the Cthulhu thing, that would be nuts. Whatever it is, it has the craziest sound to it, seriously made my hair stand up it was eerie.Could you tell me more about that book you just mentioned about this thing from lovecraft.I also watched it again and I think he says "I saw it, it's alive, its huge!"The other reasoning for this Cthulhu thing is the puzzles on the website http://www.ethanhaaswasright.com are Lovecraftian based. I dunno but I do know I wanna see it real bad!ok in searches about the movie IMDB does state that the monster in this movie is called "the parasite". in reading wikipedia there is nothing stated about disease with Cthulhu. Cthulhu is supposed to be able to take form only when the starts and earth are right. Cthulhu is when revived would "..teach them new ways to shout and kill and revel and enjoy themselves, and all the earth would flame with a holocaust of ecstasy and freedom". while it would be sweet to see a Cthulhu movie, there just was one promo-ed last month in seattle and from the google search that leads to the film's page it stats debuting this fall. so 2 Cthulhu movies with 6 months of each other i don't think so. http://www.cthulhuthemovie.com/haha, more from imdb.com about project:cloverfield asking if there is a website for this movie. "Only this: http://www.1-18-08.com/. The site is owned by Paramount Pictures (although the DNS registration data suggests that it is owned by the Freemasons and administered by an "Albert Pike"). The site consists of two photos - one of Rob and some friends enjoying some drinks, and the other of two women looking up, frightened. The photos are made to look like photos from a personal digital camera, complete with date stamp (01-18-08). There is no other information on the web site at this time." the Freemasons! lol! and a search on Albert Pike turns up an interesting search. now if you combine what you find about Pike and mix it with "the parasite", devil. crap, we go from chtulu to the devil. now i hope we don't over hype this movie with our discussions.
None. Vibe is gone.
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

first off. i love bees all over again. i should be asleep but no, i'm now searching about this movie. http://ethanhaaswaswrong.blogs....htmlhttp://youtube.com/watch?v=im7wWMVzIygand that game? how does it work? i hasn't done anything for me, then again the games like this online i was never good at.edit again. ahhh! after reading some of the imdb stuff a dude called "my name is van" i came across some people talking about slusho, there is a dude wearing a shusho shirt in the trailer, is there a connection? darn people and creative marketing!
None. Vibe is gone.
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »Could you tell me more about that book you just mentioned about this thing from lovecraft. http://www.dagonbytes.com/thel...u.htm
Whelan

Re: Re: (scherry2)

Post by Whelan »

Thanks Scherry!The Devil is also a promising factor for this movie as well. Who knows, lol. But It's given me something to do at work and I love to read speculation.For the puzzles, if you hover your mouse over the white star on the right it gives you an alphabet, it corresponds to our letters, I have Snag It on my work computer so its easy to capture it. Then just go to Google and type in "ethan haas was right puzzles" There is tons of stuff on them and how to beat them. Each time you solve one a grainy dark video comes on with some guy talking about how many people died and how things need to change and what not. I am kinda moving towards the devil rising up because that is one massive fireball in the trailer. That and Ethan Haas may be some kind of prophet or something. Strange but I'm gonna do more searching today at work.P.S.- got bored finished the puzzles, you get to enter your email and go back to the site August 1st for more info. Ill keep you posted!
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

i dunno. don't see any stars, just a circle with some blue orbs around it. i did a search on the puzzles and they all have a picture of some city and a desert in front of it with some wierd device. i don't see that either.

Attached files
None. Vibe is gone.
Whelan

Post by Whelan »

weird you should see the city with the crater and the orange ball that opens. Here are the tips.Ethan Haas Was Right Complete Walkthrough:Puzzle 1:As the hint email says, this is a memory game.When you click on any button, the game pops out each button in a sequence.The sequence is invariant.There's a reason for that.Ever play the game “Simon”?This is similar. You have to push all the same buttons in the same order. If you press some other button, or get one out of sequence, it shows you the correct sequence again.Puzzle 2:Incidentally, you can right-click to zoom in and out, which is really handy for being able to make out the letters in this puzzle.You need to enter some text.The game has its own alphabet; roll over one of the stars to make an alphabet key appear. (Or use my easier-to-use version.)You need to enter a specific word.The word you need to enter is four letters long.Get your mind out of the gutter. This is a kid-safe game!See any four-letter words in plain sight?The word you need to enter is “HAAS”.Obvious problem: That's four letters, and you seem to only have two characters to work with.What's two plus two?Rotate the two inner rings such that they spell “HA”, then find “AS” on the outer ring.Puzzle 3:This one's a classic game.It's a simple capture game.See those two lights at the bottom that aren't lit?Specifically, this is the game of Pegged.You need to capture all of the pegs except one.You capture a peg (= light) by dragging another peg over it to an empty space. This removes the captured peg from the board (extinguishes the light). You can't move a peg without capturing another peg. If you have more than one peg still on the board and no possible moves (e.g., two pegs separated by an empty space), the puzzle resets.Puzzle 4:First, I'll point out that this game is controlled with the arrow keys. You may not need any more hints to figure this puzzle out, now that you know how to operate it.This is a programming game. (Don't worry, you don't need to learn a programming language.)How many gear-shaped things are there (counting the one that the blue circle is sitting on top of)?How many green circles are there?You need to program in a course that results in all three green circles (which I think of as vacuum-cleaner robots) ending up on the three gear-shaped platforms.Ah, but the robots don't seem to go the same direction you tell them to. They go every which way.More precisely, the blue one goes in the direction you tell it to, but the green ones go in different directions. Also, if the blue robot is blocked, your move is rejected out-of-hand, but if it isn't, the move is allowed, even if one or more of the green robots is blocked. And as you may imagine, robots can block other robots.Also, the squares above the top two platforms are blocks; the robots can't pass through them.WARNING: The next hint gives one solution. Thanks, Labyrinth.⇡⇠⇣⇣⇠⇢⇡⇢⇡⇠⇠Clue in the video before Puzzle 5: This flashes for just a fraction of a second during the cutscene video. Just in case you missed it (maybe you weren't looking at the screen during the movie), here it is:54312Puzzle 5:Zooming helps with this one, too.This is not a crypto puzzle.At least, not in the sense of having to decrypt something that's encrypted. You do have to work out a password, though.Have you figured out the significance of that one screen with no letters on it?It's a separator.It's a separator in the telegraphic sense. You know, like the word “stop”: “Hello stop we are doing well stop the weather here is good stop unfortunately there is no punctuation stop …”You need to figure out the message.Start by counting letters everywhere they appear.This means the rotating messages as well as the letter-board underneath.There are 20 spaces on the letter-board (hopefully, you didn't need me to tell you that part). The number of letters in each message varies on the first line but is always four on the second line.The messages are not random.Have you written them all down yet? (Not that you need to; they're in the next hint.)1. FIVE (new line) BNSN2. FOUR (new line) EITD3. THREE (new line) ENIE4. ONE (new line) HIGE5. TWO (new line) TGNHNote that the order is important.No, it's not 12345. That would be too easy.Remember the clue from the most recent cutscene?No? That's OK, it was only on the screen for a brief flash. It said 54312.The messages appear in that order: “FIVE BNSN”, then “FOUR EITD”, then “THREE ENIE”, then “ONE HIGE”, then “TWO TGNH”.The significance of this is that the numbers aren't part of the message. They're just sequence information.It's also important that every message's second line is four letters.What do you get when you multiply 4, the length of every clue, by various numbers?Like, say, the number of clues?You have five clues, and they're four letters each; 4 × 5 = 20, which is the length of the letter-board.Except that the letter-board isn't a single line; it's a rectangle, 10 × 2.What if it were a 4 × 5 rectangle instead?It'd look something like this:* BNSN* EITD* ENIE* HIGE* TGNHUnfortunately, that arrangement doesn't help you much.Try playing with the order. (Next hint shows the correct order.)* TGNH* HIGE* ENIE* BNSN* EITDColumns are rows and rows are columns.* THEBE* GINNI* NGIST* HEENDStill haven't figured it out? The next hint gives it away.“THE BEGINNING IS THE END”.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

wow... you guys have a lot of spare time.either way, it was a cool commercial and I wanna find out what its about. Looked halfway decent.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
tribalman

re

Post by tribalman »

thankfully i didn't remove IE completly like i thought i did. i went to the site using IE, and it now works. stuck on the peg game. never very good at those.
None. Vibe is gone.
cieglo

Post by cieglo »

http://projectcloverfield.com/debunked/ ... nkedPosted on July 9th, 2007 in News With using the internet as a marketing device, you’re subject to getting information that’s true, false, and questionable. With J.J. Abrams Untitled Project there have been various websites that have popped up that claim to be related, as well as various other theories about what the movie could be about.ethanhaas.org is not an official website related to ethanhaaswasright.com.parasitemovie.com is not an official website. It’s fake The movie is not Godzilla. Tôhô Co. Ltd. owns the rights to Godzilla The movie is not about Voltron. Currently being produced by Mark Costa and Mark Gordon.The movie is not “The Host.” Magnolia Pictures has been distributing the film since 2006.The movie is not Gears of Wars. New Line currently owns the rights to the upcoming movie.The movie is not Jurassic Park related. This movie has been doomed for over 5 years now.The movie is not Ghostbusters III. Written by Dan Arkroyd.
Vibe GT '03, Lava Red 2-tone, 16" wheels, Moon'n'Tunes, Injen CAI, ACT clutch, vented rotors, Tein coil- overs, Grafxwerks decals, lead foot on the gas and white-knuckled fist on the stick & Hankook RS-3 for AutoX http://noraracing.net/
Whelan

Re: Bad Robot Productions (cieglo)

Post by Whelan »

According to new people the site. http://www.slusho.jp. At a point in the trailer one of the guys is wearing a Slusho! shirt. So going to this site is apparently a clue to the monster. Click on History and it shows people underwater and when you hover over them you see little thought bubbles and a story. I really think this is more of a clue to the fact that the monster comes from the ocean like the Cthulhu. Of course they won't call it this as there is an independent film named that. But that movie has nothing to do with a monster as much as Tori Spelling getting screwed literally (youtube). Anyways, yes I have become determined to stay on top of this one. lol.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »According to new people the site. http://www.slusho.jp. At a point in the trailer one of the guys is wearing a Slusho! shirt. So going to this site is apparently a clue to the monster. Click on History and it shows people underwater and when you hover over them you see little thought bubbles and a story. i really don't know about that site yet, i was mearly point it out. but seeing as how 3/4 of that site is "under construction" it is possible.Quote, originally posted by Whelan »But that movie has nothing to do with a monster as much as Tori Spelling getting screwed literally (youtube). Anyways, yes I have become determined to stay on top of this one. lol.that movie has everything to do about Cthulhu! when he arises again it is basicly all the evil things about humanity let free roam, promiscus (removed), murder, cheating. and it seems like the plot of the movie.
None. Vibe is gone.
Whelan

Re: Bad Robot Productions (tribalman)

Post by Whelan »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »that movie has everything to do about Cthulhu! when he arises again it is basicly all the evil things about humanity let free roam, promiscus (removed), murder, cheating. and it seems like the plot of the movie.Maybe I wasn't payin attention, I was hoping to at least see some ginormous green octopus headed monster instead saw some nut case murderer.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
silver_vibe

Re: Bad Robot Productions

Post by silver_vibe »

This site says it may be a remake of the 1982 film "Q" (short for Quetzalcoatl) or Voltron (some people think they hear "It's a LION!" in the trailer - it actually says "It's alive").
GrayFox

Re: Bad Robot Productions (silver_vibe)

Post by GrayFox »

*gasp* While I'm psyched for the Voltron movie I doubt this would be it...why would they do Voltron with only a handheld camera?
Whelan

Re: Bad Robot Productions (ANO_Vibe)

Post by Whelan »

Why would Voltron not be in space first of all. And first hand camera, doubtful.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »Why would Voltron not be in space first of all.good point... I can't remember alot about it other than I wish I still had my toys hahadid Voltron ever involve earth anyway?
silver_vibe

Post by silver_vibe »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe »did Voltron ever involve earth anyway?According to voltronuniverse.com, the Lion Voltron had nothing to do with earth. Voltron Dairugger XV did.That tells me this "Cloverfield" trailer is not Voltron.
Whelan

Re: Bad Robot Productions (silver_vibe)

Post by Whelan »

I was gonna say I don't think it ever has, at least not the one I used to watch. The places the tigers came from were from an earth like place but the station was in space. It was like one of those alternate universe kinda things. So I think that the Voltron and Godzilla can be put to death. I'm still on the kick of some apocolyptic like Cthulhu or the devil or something.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

Maybe it's a giant Furby now, THAT would be scary haha
Whelan

Post by Whelan »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe »Maybe it's a giant Furby now, THAT would be scary haha This is what happens when you only have Paintbrush and 3 minutes at work.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

HAHAHA!!!!! RAWR!!!
Whelan

Post by Whelan »

Wanna know how stupid people are getting over this, one guy has gone so far to relate the monster and the movie to being a real life pokemon thing.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

I think my Furby idea would be better than a live-action Pokemon movie I hate it when promotions like this leave you hanging... but that's what gets your attention in the first place
tribalman

Re: Bad Robot Productions

Post by tribalman »

check out the 1-18-07 site, more pictures up.
None. Vibe is gone.
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

Previews leave you hanging for a reason... look at us so far we have a 2 page post just talking about it and what we think it might be. Looks like it is working quite well to me. I don't know if I could stomach seeing a giant Furby on screen...Maybe that sound we hear is what a 50' giant Tickle Me Elmo with gas sounds like... he has to get that fire from somewhere.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
Whelan

Re: Bad Robot Productions (Toasted7)

Post by Whelan »

here is what I posted as an updatehttp://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=29361
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
98ex

Post by 98ex »

Go tohttp://www.1-18-08.com/Then on the pictures, single them off as much as possible, click and hold your mouse button like you are dragging them, and then shake and the picture should turn over. There is writing on the back.
tribalman

Re: Bad Robot Productions (98ex)

Post by tribalman »

alright, as i was roaming imdb, there is a new trailer for this movie. looks like the actual title of the film is Cloverfield. i'm gonna see it opening night. looks like it could be good.
None. Vibe is gone.
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

Whelan

Re: Bad Robot Productions (waveresponder)

Post by Whelan »

I will be there, I have been following this over the net for months, nothing really new to post except people were saying something about smaller monsters, I think not, there was a scene in the second trailer where a woman behind curtains was being pulled around by what looked like human sized monsters. In actuality they are men in Hazmat suits.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »I will be there, I have been following this over the net for months, nothing really new to post except people were saying something about smaller monsters, I think not, there was a scene in the second trailer where a woman behind curtains was being pulled around by what looked like human sized monsters. In actuality they are men in Hazmat suits.i saw that part and watched it a few times cause there was a weird sound and that person looking like they were being ripped apart or something.
None. Vibe is gone.
Whelan

Post by Whelan »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »i saw that part and watched it a few times cause there was a weird sound and that person looking like they were being ripped apart or something.Yeah I noticed the noise too after playing back a few times, sounds kine like a growl or something. But I think it could have been to throw us off. You don't hear or see anything about little monsters in the movie either. I really hope its just the big one.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
AZViking

Post by AZViking »

Not sure if this is will ruin the movie for anyone, but here's something I found online about the 'monster.*Possible Spoiler Alert?*

Attached files
2015 Kia Sorento 32,000 miles, 2010 Kia Sportage LX, 68,000 miles
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

OMFG. I cant wait to watch this movie. When I saw the previews, me and my girlfriend looked at each other and went. Holy ****. But this movie looks amazing. I can't wait. And now that I see the monster, it looks more amazing. I kind of thought it was going to be a sea monster. But I thought it was going to give off babies which are human size and kill people, not its bacteria. WOW
Whelan

Re: (Kevzaz)

Post by Whelan »

FYI that is a rendering, and based on speculation, Read about it on cloverfieldnews.com So this is not the monster but just a guesstimate. This one looks like an oversized whale. Kinda like this guy from Spongebob.Don the Whale [/img]
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
AZViking

Post by AZViking »

Oh well, that's what I get for doing a "google search" for images, and not looking at the page it's taken from. Whatever it looks like, it'll be HUGE . And the 'baby/parasite' concept would add to the scare, since even if the characters appear 'safe' hiding, something else will get them.
2015 Kia Sorento 32,000 miles, 2010 Kia Sportage LX, 68,000 miles
Whelan

Re: (AZViking)

Post by Whelan »

lol, it's cool. I've been hawking this movie for months all over the internet.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »lol, it's cool. I've been hawking this movie for months all over the internet.careful, don't want to over-hype it. from what i've seen in the previews, it looks like overall it will be very good, i just hope there aren't parts where it is a total suckfest.and why the heck not, at time of post, 1 month 7 days.
None. Vibe is gone.
NascarXprt

Re: (tribalman)

Post by NascarXprt »

this is goin to be a kick (removed) new monster movie! cant wait either.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
tribalman

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by tribalman »

haha, saw this as i was walking around town last night. btw, i wish i had the idea to do this. i wonder if it is what is scanctioned or if it is just some kids doing it. would be cool if it is real. it was taken with my phone, so the image is bad. http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7389260it was written with chalk on the side of a building in an alley in downtown. there was another around the corner on the train station.
None. Vibe is gone.
Whelan

Re: (tribalman)

Post by Whelan »

16 Days and counting!
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT