Got a new bike

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
mcgusto82

Got a new bike

Post by mcgusto82 »

After some deliveration, i decided to go with a new bike. Bought a GT avalance 3.0 w/ disc brakes. Local shop does unlimited adjustments / checks for the lifetime of the bike.
djb383

Re: Got a new bike (mcgusto82)

Post by djb383 »

Me too. I saw a bumper sticker a while back that said "getting to forty is exercise enough".

Attached files
'05 Lava Tutone base, Pwr Grp, Moon & Tunes, 16" alloys, Auto.....Yep, it's gotta HEMI
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

I don't know about anyone else.. but why is the men's bikes have the middle cross bar strait across and the women's bikes down on an angle? Logic would suggest that it be reversed? right?
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
keithvibe

Re: Got a new bike

Post by keithvibe »

Dude... whats with your foundation supports... looks like 2/3rds are missing from the one in the photo?
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
coldmm803

Post by coldmm803 »

congrats, looks nicei cant wait to go riding this summer
kevera

Re: Got a new bike (keithvibe)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »Dude... whats with your foundation supports... looks like 2/3rds are missing from the one in the photo? Ahahaha,Bike looks nice.Betcha it rides much nicer than the one it replaced.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
VivaVibe

Re: Got a new bike (keithvibe)

Post by VivaVibe »

Women used to wear skirts or dresses all the time. Much easier for them to get on and off with the low bar, and preserved their modesty.
2004 Base Shadow MonotoneMoon-n-Tunes, Power Pkg16" Alloys, AT, ABS, Side Air-bagsPin-stripe, 30% Tint, Fat exhaust tipMy GenVibe Garage
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

thats a sweet bike bro, i wanna get a bike like that, make the switch from my GT grind bmx
keithvibe

Re: Got a new bike (VivaVibe)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by VivaVibe »Women used to wear skirts or dresses all the time. Much easier for them to get on and off with the low bar, and preserved their modesty.Ty The heck with men's man hood ... right.... what a little knock now and again
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Good choice of bike, I hope it serves you well.You really can't go wrong with discs (IMHO), there's nothing worse than having to stop in a hurry for a cliff or something, and having some mud or gravel wedged into the grooves on the brake pads on the V-brake style.You get that awful scraping-of-aluminum-rim sound, and you don't stop.Yikes.I currently have a 2000 Cannondale F900 (it's an aluminum hardtail), with discs, and it is both a great and awful bike.The handling is far too aggressive for me, but it is nice and light.I probably wouldn't buy another one, but that GT of yours looks nice.Enjoy!
05 Base Vibe, Abyss (also known as Black to un-Vibers)Auto, Power Pkg, 16" alu, 20% tint all around, Black powder coated roof rails (the anodizing didn't last in the sun)Member of S.A.V.E. (Secret Association of Vibe Enthusisasts)
coldmm803

Post by coldmm803 »

i agree disks are great...as long as you dont hit the front one.i love my full suspension, smoother ride, less punishment on the body
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

how much did the bike happen to cost?? im looking for a mtn bike similar..but dont wanna spend a huge load..maybe $350 at the most after taxes and stuff..so give or take a bike thats $299..it's not for anything aggressive like mountains and stuff..just general roads and maybe the odd off-road paths..trying to build up my endurance
stevovans

Re: (RedFire2K)

Post by stevovans »

Quote, originally posted by RedFire2K »but dont wanna spend a huge load..maybe $350 at the most after taxes and stuff..good luck with that for real
The family with THREE VibesMy Garage - 2006 Stealth Base
mcgusto82

Post by mcgusto82 »

Quote, originally posted by RedFire2K »how much did the bike happen to cost?? im looking for a mtn bike similar..but dont wanna spend a huge load..maybe $350 at the most after taxes and stuff..so give or take a bike thats $299..it's not for anything aggressive like mountains and stuff..just general roads and maybe the odd off-road paths..trying to build up my enduranceI paid $439 after taxes. A "similar" bike to mine w/out disc brakes was on sale for 300. You can find cheaper on e-bay likely, but i NOW agree that with a local shop you get much more with service. I pln to take my bike back this week to get it checked cause my front brakes aren't as tight as i want them, you can't get that on e-bay.I want to recomend Sport's authority, but again the service at mine was horrible.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

yea..the sport cheks around here have decent bikes..similar to what you have..made by iron horse i think..i mean i dont care what bike it is..but want a good quality one with disc brakes..i have the v-brakes..they're useless in bad weather
mcgusto82

Post by mcgusto82 »

yeah, and you're like me. you go through all the puddles you come across. And yeah, rim brakes are worthless once the tire gets wet.