Heroes

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
GrayFox

Heroes

Post by GrayFox »

Anyone been watching this show on NBC? If so, any thoughts on the finale last night? [WARNING] Spoilers are afoot!
joatmon

Re: Heroes (ANO_Vibe)

Post by joatmon »

I missed it last night. I lke the Japanese guys, was great when his eyes lit up "I had a sword?"
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

missed the first few eps and was lost when I tried to watch it... something about a cheerleader that just would not die.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
redlava

Post by redlava »

Spoilers ahoy!!!!.......................I saw it. A few things have me perplexed though. Number one, Mr. Bennett told Sylar that his powers were useless inside his little prison, but that didn't stop him from yanking Eden and the gun through the window by telekinesis. Was Mr. Bennett just bluffing and hoping that Sylar wouldn't try it? Or was there actually something about the room that made it special in some way but clearly didn't work properly. Seems like a REALLY big risk to hold the most dangerous man in the world in a room without adequate built in security measures to counteract his abilities. Number two, how come all of a sudden Isaac was able to paint without being high. Was he faking before for Mr Bennett, or did he just conveniently pull that out of his (removed) in the hotel in typical Hollywood fashion. And what is up with the dragon Hiro slays, is that just a metaphor or is there actually going to be a real dragon.
scherry2

Re: Heroes (redlava)

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by redlava » Number one, Mr. Bennett told Sylar that his powers were useless inside his little prison, but that didn't stop him from yanking Eden and the gun through the window by telekinesis. Was Mr. Bennett just bluffing and hoping that Sylar wouldn't try it? Or was there actually something about the room that made it special in some way but clearly didn't work properly. Seems like a REALLY big risk to hold the most dangerous man in the world in a room without adequate built in security measures to counteract his abilities. I think Bennet thought the room would hold him. I don't think he knew just how powerful sylar was. sylar was just playing along.Quote, originally posted by redlava » Number two, how come all of a sudden Isaac was able to paint without being high. Was he faking before for Mr Bennett, or did he just conveniently pull that out of his (removed) in the hotel in typical Hollywood fashion.. don't you read comics? he could do it all along he just thought the only time he could do it was when he was stoned like hiro told him "concentrate" I'm wondering about the black guy at Bennets side who makes people forget things, is he not going to erase Claire's mind?I guess we will find out in 2007. I can't wait.
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

Apparently No, he's not going to erase her memory. He wants her to pretend she doesn't remember so her dad will think she forgot about it.The "hatian" clearly has his own motives or answers to someone else OR whoever Claire's dad was argueing with over the phone (about keeping Sylar alive) is telling the Hatian what to do.The Hatian had to be close by when Bennet was interogating Sylar the first two times but it doesn't make sense why Eden would go into that room without him knowing that Sylar could use his powers. Unless she took it for granted that Sylar wouldn't do anything while she was talking.Strange that Sylar didn't listen to Eden either...About Peter's dream at the end... It has to be heavily symbolic in nature b/c (in an earlier episode) when Hiro sees the blast he is at Issac's home (in the future) where Issac is dead (I wonder why Sylar would want his ability although clearly it's not on his list of priorities) & in Peters vision Issac is there with everone else.
Atomb

Post by Atomb »

Issac figures out that he can draw the future when he notices that he drew those sketches of Hiro and the waitress....while not on heroin.i think that proved to him that he could draw without being high.so we know that Peter gets close to the 'atomic man' at some point and mimics his powers to the point of also becoming radioactive (you have noticed that Peter mimics the powers of whomever he is near right?)...except he has no idea how to control it and is the cause of the nuclear explosion.There are 2 things going on here...the explosion could just be a case of Peter accidently mimicing the atomic guy...but there is definitely somebody out there trying to coral all these superpowers (arguing with claire's dad on the phone).I don't know. I just LOVE the creativity of the show and thank the network for not putting out yet another detective/crime scene/kidnapping/murder/court lawyer show!It truly brings me back to my childhood comic book days with the style of plot....my wife is hooked too and is actually starting to browse that box of old dusty comics in our basement!
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!
GrayFox

Re: (Atomb)

Post by GrayFox »

lol! yeah it is a great show. My wife actually likes it, too. I'm surprised we haven't seen more elemental type powers but we're just know getting to the good part where all the story is set up. I really hope it's something a little more dramatic than Peter getting close to the Radioactive Man (I think his name's Ted) & not being able to control his power. I think I'm gonna have Hero withdrawls next Monday...
NUBlackshirts

Re: (Atomb)

Post by NUBlackshirts »

Quote, originally posted by Atomb »It truly brings me back to my childhood comic book days with the style of plot....my wife is hooked too and is actually starting to browse that box of old dusty comics in our basement!When she gets done with your dusty box of comics, she can come to our house. I have over 3800 comics.
'04 Frosty GT <---Click here!Tein S-Tech springs; Tokico HP struts;Progress rear sway bar; DC Sports strut tower bar;Scion TC wheels; K&N Typhoon intake;GG Racing ground wires; JAW voltage stabilizer;FilterMAG SS-250; Militec-1; Sirius Satellite Radio
Atomb

Post by Atomb »

see here: http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=26198for a quick list of what i've got...probably about 200 or so total...but i 'purged' a bunch when i was younger...stories i didn't like, etc. and only collected because at the age of 14 thought they were 'good investments'. Everything I have now are due to great stories.
scott_h

Post by scott_h »

We've never watched it. As dumb as it may sound, seeing just the preview that showed the guy jumping into the air like Superman totally turned me off toward the show. For some reason I couldn't get over how stupid that looked, so have never watched a single second.
Scott
GrayFox

Re: Heroes (scott_h)

Post by GrayFox »

It's really alot better after the first couple episodes. Those were just setting everyting up and introducing the fairly large cast. I missed the first few but managed to catch that marathon of the first 4-5 chapters and got myself up to speed.I think Nathan (flying guy) has only flown once or twice throughout the whole series. It's more about the people than the powers.
NUBlackshirts

Post by NUBlackshirts »

It really is a good show. I look forward to Heroes now more than Battlestar Galactica. My friend's wife asked him once..."Why do you watch Heroes? Isn't that a geeky show like Ron (me) would watch?" Now she is addicted to it just like the rest of my friends!
'04 Frosty GT <---Click here!Tein S-Tech springs; Tokico HP struts;Progress rear sway bar; DC Sports strut tower bar;Scion TC wheels; K&N Typhoon intake;GG Racing ground wires; JAW voltage stabilizer;FilterMAG SS-250; Militec-1; Sirius Satellite Radio
scherry2

Re: Heroes (silverawd26)

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by silverawd26 »I can not get into TV anymore since I work and go to school.it will come out on DVD.
GrayFox

Re: Heroes (scherry2)

Post by GrayFox »

Just a reminder... New episodes start Monday! Are you on the list?
Psychobroker

Post by Psychobroker »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe »Just a reminder... New episodes start Monday! Are you on the list? Yes, I am -- I am capable of long, bitter, and finger-pointing posts.
redlava

Re: Heroes (Psychobroker)

Post by redlava »

Season pass for TiVo.
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

bump for an awesome show I can't wait to see what kind of power the new characters have.
Atomb

Post by Atomb »

read the online graphic novel...#13 - #16 gives you the background on a new character...i won't spoil it for you and tell you what her power is. they've renumbered them to Parts 1-4 now...http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/index.shtmlher name is hana and she comes from a line of pretty tough women!
02csnow

Post by 02csnow »

All i have to say is today is the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bye Bye Vibe.............
Toasted7

Re: Heroes (02csnow)

Post by Toasted7 »

Been watching it since the beginning... tonight is the night that the story continues.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
02csnow

Re: Heroes (Toasted7)

Post by 02csnow »

Are you on the list? ................... I am
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

i haven't missed yetim watching it right now i think the cheerleader is smoking hott!!!i love this show and medium!
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
coldmm803

Re: (Raivis)

Post by coldmm803 »

Quote, originally posted by Raivis »i think the cheerleader is smoking hott!!!i agreethat was amazing, totally didnt expect that last bit (for those of u in different time zones i wont give it away)
NUBlackshirts

Re: (coldmm803)

Post by NUBlackshirts »

Shhh, I can't watch it until tomorrow night.
scherry2

Re: (NUBlackshirts)

Post by scherry2 »

"i'm gonna find em, and your gonna nuke em" well that was different. 4 new people have powers. Hiro and his buddy, what a pair. and I guess his powers do still work.
GrayFox

Re: (scherry2)

Post by GrayFox »

4? sorry my daughter was kinda distracting me during the later parts of the show. Kinda silly that they only included internet woman in the preview during DonD... The only other new character I noticed was the Invisible guy...and yes... Hiro rocks! Nerdy Japanese guys make the best heroes
Herb

Re: (ANO_Vibe)

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe »Kinda silly that they only included internet woman in the preview during DonD... The only other new character I noticed was the Invisible guy...and yes... Hiro rocks! Nerdy Japanese guys make the best heroes I was wondering what kind of character Christopher Ecelston would play. Bit of a change up from Doctor Who.It'll be interesting to see George Takei interact with Hiro.
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe »4? sorry my daughter was kinda distracting me during the later parts of the show. I don't remember the guy in the shed with the explosions from his hands in the first season so I counted him and the internet lady Wireless as 2 then the invisible guy is 3 and if you watched the previews the little boy Micha has a power thats 4
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

oh I thought you were countng completely new characters. The guy in the shed is... Ted He's the radioactive guy. I think he was only in one episode midways thru the first part. After he escapes noone knows where he is.
Psychobroker

Post by Psychobroker »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe »oh I thought you were countng completely new characters. The guy in the shed is... Ted He's the radioactive guy. I think he was only in one episode midways thru the first part. After he escapes noone knows where he is.Yeah, and his character is an obvious pun on Ted Kaczynski (the Unabomber). Not very cool But, I love the show
coldmm803

Post by coldmm803 »

chant: heroes heroesi'm watchin it now and its good..as usualedit:now that the episode is over, i want next weeks, hiro needs to take me to the future to see it
02csnow

Re: (coldmm803)

Post by 02csnow »

ok....... im trying to think of anybody who has a goold ring on the whole show and it is going to kill me till next monday
coldmm803

Post by coldmm803 »

Quote, originally posted by scherry2 » if you watched the previews the little boy Micha has a power thats 4sry for bringin up a post thats a week old but Micha showed powers before, when he made the broken pay phone work, there mayb another ex too but dont remember
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

This is a crazy thought (but this is Heroes we're talking here) what about Nathan Petrelli being Claire's Dad? He's old enough, he's married, has been known to cheat on his wife (so another kid is very possible), and wears suits like they showed at the end....The supossed death of everyone in a fire was obviously a cover-up to protect his family/image.
02csnow

Post by 02csnow »

not a bad guess, but i dont believe he wears a gold class ring
GrayFox

Re: (02csnow)

Post by GrayFox »

oh I just saw "gold ring" and he's married. I didn't even notice he (claire's dad) was wearing a ring in that shot.
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe » what about Nathan Petrelli being Claire's Dad?did I call it or what?
NUBlackshirts

Post by NUBlackshirts »

Man, that was a good episode! You were right about Nathan. And I love Chris Eccleston's (Doctor Who) invisible character, he rocks!
Atomic

Re: (NUBlackshirts)

Post by Atomic »

Did anyone catch the plate number on Hiro's Dad's limo?It was NCC 1701! Way to go Sulu!(I guess this proves I am a wee bit of a nerd.)
05 Base Vibe, Abyss (also known as Black to un-Vibers)Auto, Power Pkg, 16" alu, 20% tint all around, Black powder coated roof rails (the anodizing didn't last in the sun)Member of S.A.V.E. (Secret Association of Vibe Enthusisasts)
02csnow

Re: (Atomic)

Post by 02csnow »

hey, theres a lister right in my neighborhood!
binary

Post by binary »

lol - I saw that, but it didn't click until you mentioned that. Good show!I've been watching them on Monday - then downloading the divx files the next day... long live the internet.
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

Quote, originally posted by 02csnow »hey, theres a lister right in my neighborhood!I think I missed something
Atomb

Post by Atomb »

did anybody catch the name of the hotel in las vegas where hiro and his buddy were?...montesido (sp?) ....from Las Vegas!nothing like interwoven stories!
02csnow

Post by 02csnow »

anovibe the guy that was able to melt stuff when he touched it. when they showed his name it showed he was from virginia beach, virginia and that is where i live
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

ah ok make sure he stays away from your toasters
02csnow

Post by 02csnow »

i think he will since he is dead
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

I thought you meant you had a guy named Lister that lived close to you... or did you just mean that character in the show lived around where you lived? ... anyway lol
slvrvibes

Post by slvrvibes »

Saw this show about 3 wks ago for the first time, now I'm hooked.
genvibe garage
GrayFox

Re: (slvrvibes)

Post by GrayFox »

(removed)!!! They killed Simone! You *******s!!! didnt' see that one coming