anyone know how to sync MS Outlook with Windows Mobile?

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
meathead333

anyone know how to sync MS Outlook with Windows Mobile?

Post by meathead333 »

just got a cingular pocket pc 8125. when i sync it with my PC outlook, i get all my folders, but no emails. how do i get my emails too? ive got some other question too, but will wait to see if anyone here is knowledgable on the topic before i type it all out. thanks
My myspace.com profile My 73' Bronco Cardomain page
Atomb

Post by Atomb »

heya meathead...ok...open activesync (go to your start bar...at the far right you'll see the 'tray' with all those little icons..from there the activesync has a circle symbol with little up and down arrows inside)once open, select Tools and then OptionsYou'll see a checklist of items that will syncronize. From here, select "Inbox" and from the Settings make sure it's set up to sync to your inbox.Just a quick check, when you installed Activesync, you specified that you wanted to sync emails correct?
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!
meathead333

Post by meathead333 »

hmmm, i still cant get it to work. im also missing my calender entries.maybe i was mislead about the phone. i use outlook on my laptop. i run 2 email account through it. i want my phone to more or less run the same way and then when i sync it with my laptop, both outlooks would be the same. will my phone and laptop both receive teh same emails? i got my gmail to work opn my phone and did a test email and works, but then my oytlook on my laptop doesnt get the emails, just the phone. does this make sense?
ZubenElGenubi

Re: anyone know how to sync MS Outlook with Windows Mobile? (meathead333)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

I've got an 8125 as well and have the same issue. This is because e-mail and calendar items are stored on your corporate MS Exchange Server. You will probably need to register your device with your IT department in order for you to get access, even if you've configured your Outlook settings properly on the 8125.
meathead333

Post by meathead333 »

i figured it out...i didnt have some of the settings right
ZubenElGenubi

Re: (meathead333)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Can you describe what you did? Maybe it'll work for me.
meathead333

Post by meathead333 »

well i am just using persomal email, not corp email...more or less i installed it wrong