What's spinnin' in your CD player?

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

right now..or what will be when i pick my vibe up in 3 hours..is icky thump by the white stripes
NascarXprt

Re: (Toasted7)

Post by NascarXprt »

i kinda like the remake. and nice set of tunes.we get Flyleaf, Korn and the rest of the usuals for our Family Values tour
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

family values tour is awesome
VivaVibe

Re: Latest Tunes

Post by VivaVibe »

More Jazz: David Sanborn, Tony Bennett sings Ellington, Spyro Gyra
2004 Base Shadow MonotoneMoon-n-Tunes, Power Pkg16" Alloys, AT, ABS, Side Air-bagsPin-stripe, 30% Tint, Fat exhaust tipMy GenVibe Garage
Sputnik

Re: Latest Tunes (VivaVibe)

Post by Sputnik »

Right now I switch between the Beatles Love Soundtrack, Nickelback, and Justin Timberlake.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
ZubenElGenubi

Re: Latest Tunes (Sputnik)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

I finally got my copy of the latest Crowded House release! Time on Earth Definitely a Neil Finn album. Even though Nick Seymour and Mark Hart are here, Paul Hester's absence (he committed suicide two years ago) means that the album isn't as joyously buoyant as earlier releases. There's a lot of soul-searching here, but if you're a Neil Finn fan, you're already familiar with this.
NUBlackshirts

Re: (WaveAction)

Post by NUBlackshirts »

Let's see if I can remember what's in the 6-disc right now....1. Junkyard - Junkyard (debut from 1989)2. Judas Priest - Angel of Retribution3. Machine Head - Burn My Eyes4. Motorhead - Ace of Spades5. Dirty Looks - Turn of the Screw6. Mix of hair rock (Saxon, XYZ, Dirty Looks, Sammy Hagar's solo stuff, and some Roth-era Van Halen).Of course, when the CD's aren't spinnin'...it's Hair Nation, Hard Attack, or Buzzsaw on Sirius. Anyone see a pattern? 39 and still a loyal "Defender of the Faith".
'04 Frosty GT <---Click here!Tein S-Tech springs; Tokico HP struts;Progress rear sway bar; DC Sports strut tower bar;Scion TC wheels; K&N Typhoon intake;GG Racing ground wires; JAW voltage stabilizer;FilterMAG SS-250; Militec-1; Sirius Satellite Radio
ZubenElGenubi

Re: Latest Tunes (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

This came in the mail last Friday and I listened to it nearly all weekend: Beauty & Crime Six years since her last release and easily one of her top 3 albums. Although it's short (under 40 minutes) the songs are efficiently crafted; I don't feel like I've been slighted in any of the songs.Right now, "Ludlow Street", "Zephyr & I" and "Frank & Ava" are my favorites.
VivaVibe

Re: Latest Tunes

Post by VivaVibe »

More Jazzy stuff:Harry Connick Jr.Marsalis FamilyHerbie Hancock
2004 Base Shadow MonotoneMoon-n-Tunes, Power Pkg16" Alloys, AT, ABS, Side Air-bagsPin-stripe, 30% Tint, Fat exhaust tipMy GenVibe Garage
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

right now i got the shop boyz in
HoosierMan619

Post by HoosierMan619 »

On my iPod, I have a lot of off the wall stuff, but the newest track is Thnks Fr Th Mmrs by Fall Out Boy.
Some things in life are badThey can really make you madOther things just make you swear and curse.When you're chewing on life's gristleDon't grumble, give a whistleAnd this'll help things turn out for the best...And...always look on the bright side of life...
rebbierae

Re: (HoosierMan619)

Post by rebbierae »

I'm currently digging the Plain White T's, the new Marc Broussard, and Hanson (shudder). Yes, HANSON. My sister gave it to me and made me try it. They've grown up a wee bit from their M-m-m Bop days. Still not positive I love it, but I'm trying to be open minded.
Mrizzle05

Re: (rebbierae)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

I am almost done puttin my cds onto my pc.i have a MS ZUNE and sheesh... i have TONS of cds i had to rip on the pc. lol.Currently listenin to old cds and some new stuff. i love muziK!
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
ZubenElGenubi

Re: (Mrizzle05)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Honest to God, here's what's spinnin' in my CD player right now:I'm on Disc 5 of 17. My wife stayed home yesterday (sick) and listened "ahead of me", so I gotta play catch-up!
rebbierae

Re: (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by rebbierae »

HEY, that's cheatin! You tell her that's just fighting dirty!Zube, you and the Mrs. need to check out Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, and see what you think. Sort of bluesy...sort of folky (but not really)...sort of--well, different.
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Well right now, I have 'Epica' and 'The Black Halo' by Kamelot, it's good stuff
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

right now, andy williams '16 most requested songs.' before that some badfinger and the 'blades of glory' soundtrack
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
kiltman

Post by kiltman »

Levi Kreis - One of the Ones
2005 AWD Pontiac VibePower, Moon/TunesMoonstone/Graphite, Two-toneAuto Starthttp://s199.photobucket.com/al...inbuf/
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

Ill Scarlett, awesome cd!
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Veruca Salt, Eight Arms To Hold You.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
mspalmer

Re: Latest Tunes (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by mspalmer »

[QUOTE=ZubenElGenubi]I finally got my copy of the latest Crowded House release! On a side note: I just saw Crowded House in Ann Arbor last Tuesday night and got to meet Neil Finn and the band after the show by waiting outside by their tour buses. They were all very personable and took the time to talk to everyone, sign anything, take pictures, etc.One of the nice ladies was kind enough to take some pictures (i'm not in any of them but my friends are).http://www.flickr.com/photos/4...79387/Mike
2005 Platinum AWDMoons and TunesXM RadioLLumar Window TintingWeathertech ventshauling my Taylor 410 w/Fishman pickup and Gibson SG guitars
AZViking

Re: Latest Tunes (mspalmer)

Post by AZViking »

New school year means I get to drive our daughter to daycare in the mornings again, so... I get to listen to "The Best of Elmo" in the morning. (Keeps her happy anyway)On the way home yesterday I was listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers: Stadium Arcadium
2015 Kia Sorento 32,000 miles, 2010 Kia Sportage LX, 68,000 miles
NUBlackshirts

Re: Latest Tunes (AZViking)

Post by NUBlackshirts »

New Ozzy...Black Rain...liking it so far.
'04 Frosty GT <---Click here!Tein S-Tech springs; Tokico HP struts;Progress rear sway bar; DC Sports strut tower bar;Scion TC wheels; K&N Typhoon intake;GG Racing ground wires; JAW voltage stabilizer;FilterMAG SS-250; Militec-1; Sirius Satellite Radio
gr8vibe

Post by gr8vibe »

Hmm, well wheres my country boys at????1. Chris Young- Chris Young2. Rascal Flatts- Me and My Gang3. Jason Michael Carrol- Waitin' in the Country4. Rascal Flatts- Feels Like TodayRock-ish Stuff1. Linkin Park- Minutes to Midnight2. Snow Patrol- Final Straw (removed)-ish Stuff that I LOVE!1. Clay Aiken- A Thousand Different Ways2. RENT SoundTrack3. JET- Get Born4. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy- Swing Musicyeah, im pretty much done.
2009 Honda CR-V EX Alabaster Silver------------------------------------------AIM- iRichard360------------------------------------------myspace- myspace.com/richard05
Sublimewind

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »Veruca Salt, Eight Arms To Hold You.Holy crap man, there is someone out there that listens to V.S. I loved them back in the day and from what i hear they are STILL kickin...!!!I gotta look them up...
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

never heard of them, would have to definitly get ahold of a song and listen
scherry2

Re: (WaveAction)

Post by scherry2 »

I just picked upBruce Springsteen Magic. lead off song =>Radio Nowhere! bruce has still got it.
futureviber

Post by futureviber »

Lets see... mostly the new Sally Anthony CD - "Goodbye" most played track: Tie between "Not an Addict" and "Villain"Also... Metallica, Godsmack, Nappy Roots, RHCP, Incubus, geesh, i cant remember what all is in there.
Kamikaze

Re: (futureviber)

Post by Kamikaze »

Down, Atreyu, Pantera, Hatebreed, Superjoint Ritual, Damage Plan...No I'm not an angry individual.And if anyone knows who Down, Superjoint, and Damage plan is... then you know just how big of a Pantera fan I am.
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
lorrielk

Re: What's spinnin' in your CD player?

Post by lorrielk »

The Soundtrack to "Broken Bridges" .. a CMT movie special... I really like Toby Keith and Lindsey Haun... Yeah, I'm a Country music fan.. deal with it! LoL..Lor
Sublimewind

Re: (Kamikaze)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by Kamikaze »Down, Atreyu, Pantera, Hatebreed, Superjoint Ritual, Damage Plan...No I'm not an angry individual.And if anyone knows who Down, Superjoint, and Damage plan is... then you know just how big of a Pantera fan I am.I know the list well, fellow metalhead.... I've just recently been listening to Silent Civillian, or the new Johney Santos project, JS being the singer of SpineShank or one of my favorite all time bands...
Kamikaze

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by Sublimewind »I know the list well, fellow metalhead.... I've just recently been listening to Silent Civillian, or the new Johney Santos project, JS being the singer of SpineShank or one of my favorite all time bands... ah yes, Rebirth of the Temple... nice!
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
KNINE

Re: (futureviber)

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by futureviber »Also... Metallica, Godsmack, Nappy Roots, RHCP, Incubus, geesh, i cant remember what all is in there. I was listening to Godsmack on my way to church Sunday morning. Hmmm, I wonder if The Big Guy would approve?
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Sublimewind

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »I was listening to Godsmack on my way to church Sunday morning. Hmmm, I wonder if The Big Guy would approve? Godsmack is the Dollar store of satan metal... I wouldn't be to worried...
Sublimewind

Re: (Kamikaze)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by Kamikaze »ah yes, Rebirth of the Temple... nice!It's such a shame Jonny left Spineshank... I can't tell you how many time i've listened to the 3 albums..
Petrucci914

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by Petrucci914 »

Ted Leonard - Way HomeEvergrey - Recreation DayFrost - MilliontownUmphrey's McGee - Anchor Drops
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

I had flyleaf in their a couple months ago...now itsinfected mushrooms - vicious deliciousthey are like trance/techno group from Israel. they are freaking sweeet!
KNINE

Re: (northvibe)

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »I had flyleaf in their a couple months ago...now itsinfected mushrooms - vicious deliciousthey are like trance/techno group from Israel. they are freaking sweeet! I've heaard flyleaf before on of the Sirius rock stations. I believe the song was called Sick? I really liked it. How is the rest of the CD?
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

flyleaf sounds similar to evanescence. but the cd is good as a whole, if you like that sort of music. I also remember having Sick Puppies cd in there! I LOVED that cd a ton.EDIT: that flyleaf song is "im so sick"
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

I would have much secks with the singer of Flyleafs voice...
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

Linkin Park - Minutes to midnight and also Foo Fighters new cd
Jadis

Post by Jadis »

1. Astro-Creep 2000 - White Zombie2. Call Me Irresponsible - Michael Buble3-4. Their Greatest Hits: The Record - Bee Gees (2disc)5. Travlin Light - Queen Latifah6. Transformers: The Score - Steve Jablonsky it's on 6-disc shuffle, so I never know what's going to pop up.
BlueCrush

Re:

Post by BlueCrush »

Lately, I've been listening, thru Pandora, to:TelepopmusikImogen HeapWax TailorBitter:SweetEmiliana TorriniNatalie WalkerRoyksoppPortisheadGotan ProjectBlue Sky black DeathPhantogramBlue StoneDJ Krush
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Toasted7

Re: Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by Toasted7 »

Way to bring it back from the dead... is this considered a "zombie thread" now?I've been listening to a lot of older Korn and the new Godsmack album, as well as Hollywood Undead.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Santanas first album "Santana". The pioneer of latin/jazz fusion/rock. One of my favorite artists.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
Caretaker

Re: (cptnsolo77)

Post by Caretaker »

I'm not sure what's in the CD slot, but I did go see Kansas, Styx and Foreigner the other night. Styx was fantastic.
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

Gorillaz - plastic beach
Tubaryan12

Post by Tubaryan12 »

Eminem - "Recovery"
ex Vibe: 2005 Abyss 2 tone base, auto, power package (33.24 mpg combined)2008 Kia Rondo EX V6 7 passenger Volcanic Red w/ tan cloth interior (26.7 mpg combined) Finally got 30 mpg combined on the Rondo V-6 (10.24.09) Smith Driving
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Megadeth - Endgame
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

...Sandy Bull's CD, RE-INVENTIONS, track 2: "Manha de Carnival," from 1965.
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A